Extremly Overweight, and Needing lots of Support

Options
Hello, My name is Cheryl, and I am in need of as much support as i can. I am extremely over weight, and at my last straw for trying to lose weight. I am at the point right now where I can barely walk, and I have knee issues that the doctors cant seem to figure. I am hoping to lose weight and take some pain and pressure off of my knee and hopefully get back to enjoying life. I do know at my weight this will be a very Long process but well worth it in the end. SO if there is anyone out there that thinks they could help me out with some cheerful words and lots of support. I would except any help with open arms. Thank you.

Replies

• Lillemeddy
    Options
    I can!! :) Welcome to MFP Cheryl. I would love to add you as a friend and send encouraging messages your way!! :D
  • kristilovescake
    kristilovescake Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me :)

It's good that you know it will be a long process; you just have to take it one day at a time and focus on the small victories along the way.
  • Kougra
    Kougra Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    HI Cheryl! You are in the right place. There are a lot of wonderful people here to support you! Feel free to add me! Best wishes and bunches of hugs!!
  • Amber82479
    Amber82479 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    Hey there and welcome! If anyone can motivate you, it's the amazing bunch of people here! It's definitely a long road, but persistence and support will get you there. Feel free to add me :)
  • shellyc7182
    shellyc7182 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I'm behind you, girl! I'm just starting out, too! We can do this!
  • AshlLynnJ
    Options
    Welcome:) You can definitely add me as well. I'm just getting started but I can't even begin to tell you how much support I'm already getting on here. You're moving it the right direction, good luck with everything:smile:
  • fireflyangel22
    fireflyangel22 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Everyone has to start somewhere! I'll be your friend. We can do this journey together.
    You've already undertaken the hardest step by joining and committing to change! Congrats!
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    Cheryl...feel free to add me. I will give you encouragement along your journey.

It all starts with setting your mind to appreciate that this will be a journey...a journey with some potential stumbling blocks that you will fight to overcome, but will do so with persistence and commitment.

After mindset, next is commitment, dedication and accountability. it all starts with self accountability...coming to MFP every day, logging your food, doing what you can to keep your mindset strong. We can help encourage you, but it has to start on your end.

Let's rock!
  • alltalk199
    Options
    Welcome, you can do it baby, you found the right site with heaps and heaps of support, just keep moving!!!!
  • gaylelynnbell
    gaylelynnbell Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Hi Cheryl! Welcome and the best of luck to you on your journey. I'd be glad to be part of your support system. Feel free to send me a friend request.
  • jaabee11
    jaabee11 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Great job in getting started, taking those first steps are really hard but you'll get no where fast if you don't do something to help yourself.
    Your are so young and your kids need you around for a long time to come so, again, congrats for making the start and yes please add me if you like.
    I have 2 daughters 34 & 33 also battling the bulge and needing to keep up with their young families.

Welcome Cheryl and the best of luck. xx
  • mssweetjay
    Options
    Take one day at a time!!! You are welcome to add me on this journey!!:smile:
  • Sp1nGoddess
    Sp1nGoddess Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Add me if you like! You didn't gain weight overnight and you won't lose it overnight. Persistence & consistency conquer all things. I would suggest making small changes one week at a time so you are not overwhelmed. There is a lot of support on this site and it's a great tool! You deserve fit, healthy body you want! Best of luck!
  • ranewell
    ranewell Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    You can totally do this!!! I couldn't walk more than a couple of blocks when I started this without being out of breath and with major calf pain. On top of having been in a car accident a year ago that left my knee in horrific shape! (the knee is getting better, still some nerve damage) I couldn't bring myself to go on shopping excursions or anything with long bouts of walking with friends or my hubby...I've lost 60 lbs and am in better shape now than I was in High School...I still have a LONG way to go, it IS a slow road, but I truly mean it when I say if I can do it, ANYONE can do it. YOU can do this. Start off slow and before you know it, you will get there physically. I actually started doing Leslie Sansone's Walk at Home, just the 1 mile basic walk...couldn't finish it at first. What a sense of accomplishment to work up to 4 miles (currently tryin to work up to 5 consecutive miles....challenging, but I'm no quitter) Feel free to add me! And congrats on taking the first step!!!
  • TeresaWash
    Options
    I weighed 432 pounds when I started out, I'm now in the 200's!!!!
    You can do it and there are great people on here for support!
    Good Luck!
  • alyssanichele
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I think of this website as my second family, seriously. My MFP family knows more about me than my real family does. Its very tough. It takes a lot of determination and patience in order to get on this weight loss journey, but you can do it. Do it for your body and for your health. You can even use the success stories on the MFP boards as more motivation! Feel free to add if you like :)
  • jaabee11
    jaabee11 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Hey Cheryl, go have a look at the community section of success stories. I read them all the time for motivation. The pics of people changing before yours eyes is so encouraging.
    If they can do it so can we. Go girl.
  • leahwhitehouse
    Options
    hey welcome!!!! you may add me as well. I started two weeks ago now and love it. i guess being accountable for your calories and seeing it all on here helps a lot nevermind the support!!1 you get tons on here. Good luck and hang in there do not give up you are worth it!!!
  • boneyEm
    Options
    Hi Im Emma, need to loose 3 stones- which is 42 pounds. Add me especially if you are 25ish and christian. xx
  • DestinationFitnessChick
    Options
    Feel free to add me too. I also have a challenge on facebook if you would like to join...just message me to find out how.........and it is completely free. I lost over 80 pounds and have for the most part kept all of it off. You can do this!