Extremly Overweight, and Needing lots of Support

Options

Replies

• gixy72
    gixy72 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    hello hun, welcome to MFP this site is brill i have been here just over 3 weeks now and i log in on my phone with every meal time and stop by for a natter each evening,

Please feel free to add me, you have taken the first step, we will be with you now every step and lb of the way
  • Bmoney11239
    Bmoney11239 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    HEY, i am also extremly over weight and i just lost my first 7 lbs, in my first week here!!! these people are friggin marvolous, ADD ME and we can get skinny together. trust me this works so well, better then anything you have ever tried...YOU CAN DO THIS!!!
  • Kimmer2011
    Kimmer2011 Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    This is a great site! I've always gotten lots of support here, and it's really helped me.
  • Ocean_mom
    Ocean_mom Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi Cheryl. My name is Sandy. So happy you joined. I just started myself today. I have between 130-140 lbs to lose. So I am going to be around awhile. If you want send me a friend request. We can help motivate/support each other down this journey together. Glad you took the first step. Great Job
  • AChristopher09
    Options
    Hi welcome! Feel free to add me! I just had my last baby #4 and had packed on weight through the years just from being a lazy stay at home mom, but now is the time to get it off. I started at 242 after my baby and in 2 months I lost almost 42 lbs. How? I can give some tips. Get special k and fiber one 90 calorie snacks! I'm a big snacker and they take less of your calories to eat. Invest in salad stuff and make you a salad for either dinner/lunch if you can handle it each day. Another thing is you must eat as soon as you get up in the morning and get protein in that meal! Protein is essential to losing weight. I also gave up everything but water, I promise after about 2 months you wont miss anything else...those first few months will be a killer, but no pain no LOSS right? ;) Any other tips you want I can give you plenty. I'm extremely obese for my weight type and I HAVE to get myself back because I have been depressed for far to long with my weight! We can do this!!!!!
  • cbu23
    cbu23 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Welcome Cheryl! You came to the right place for motivation and support! Please feel free to add me as a friend! In fact, I'm just gonna go add you right now! Good luck, you can do this!
  • KarenWas
    Options
    Cheryl feel free to add me too! I have been more than 100 lbs overweight in the past. Take it slowly and make attainable short term goals. When you make five lbd try for five more...that kind of thing.
  • SwtKittN
    SwtKittN Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Request sent :) Can never have too much support!
  • nansidhe
    nansidhe Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi Cheryl, my name is Nancy and we are close to the same age and weight. I was making great strides in my weight loss until I was hit with a terrible health scare. I would love for you to add me as a friend as well. We can be each other's personal cheerleaders. :o)
  • nansidhe
    nansidhe Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I weighed 432 pounds when I started out, I'm now in the 200's!!!!
    You can do it and there are great people on here for support!
    Good Luck!

Congratulations to you Teresa! Way to the go! :o)
  • vittix
    vittix Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I so understand where your coming from, feel free to add me :)
  • vittix
    vittix Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    way to go!
  • Joj43
    Joj43 Posts: 54
    Options
    Hi Cheryl. Let me tell you, you have come to the right place for support. MFP has a fantastic support group....a lot of people just like you and I, embarking on this weight loss road together. I too have had knee problems so I know a little about what you are going through. Please feel free to add me and we can take that long road together.....:flowerforyou:
  • KristaWeiss
    KristaWeiss Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Oh you can do this and the support here is fantastic!!!!
  • cararq
    cararq Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Hi Cheryl, I'm adding you as a friend. You're going to do GREAT! :smile:
  • annalobdell
    annalobdell Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Hi Cheryl! Welcome. My name is Anna. Last December I weighed in at 343 pounds. I too had mystery knee problems and I am ashamed to say that when I went grocery shopping I used those little buggies because walking for more than 5 minutes put me in excruciating pain. Since then I have lost 50 pounds but I have had 2 times in the past year where I have let stress completely derail me. Imagine the possibilitys if I can stay on track. All I am trying to say is that when you have a lot of weight to lose, I had 190 pounds, it can see scary and as if it will never happen. You need to take it one day at a time and accept that some days are not gonna be good days. You just need to pick yourself up, dust yourself off and keep on keepin on! By the way, I no longer have knee pain and I no longer need the buggie to shop. Feel free to add me as a friend and we can motivate each other on this journey.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,565 Member
    Options
    Add me! I'll lend support!
  • SueGremlin
    SueGremlin Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Hey Cheryl! This is such a great website, there are several people with great success stories who started out needing to lose as much or more. Which means you can totally do it. I am glad you're here!
  • TYME4ME2CHANGE
    Options
    I would be happy to walk along side of you through this journey.. We can all encourage each other.. We can do this! God Bless,,,
  • denise3085
    denise3085 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Good luck Cheryl. I have struggled with weight issues all my life. In the last year I have lost 45 lbs, and one of the most difficult things for me to deal with is when I fall off the wagon and overeat. I am getting better at getting over it and moving on. Just remember, if you make one mistake in your diet, get right back on track and move on. Don't let one mistake ruin your whole day.