10lbs Down by Christmas TEAM 3 (closed group)

Options

Replies

• gemmie_c
    gemmie_c Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Being part of a team is really motivating. I have made some great choices today and I am really proud of myself. I even just sat here watching the other half eating an iced bun (which there were two of them). I had a bite and was happy with that. We are going out to a fireworlks display tonight and have allowed over 900 calories for something to eat there-it'll probably be a sausage in a bun. I might go veggie as that might be better calorie wise.

Have a great weekend team-keep motivated and we'll smash this.

Gem xxx
  • fortysixpounds
    fortysixpounds Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    wow Gemmie that's amazing keep it up!:happy:
  • SouLThinking
    SouLThinking Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Well since I'm losing at about a pound a week and I need 6 more lbs I might actually hit goal and the challenge! that would be a great Christmas present to myself! Have a great Sunday. God Bless
  • gemmie_c
    Options
    Right-it's Monday morning and I feel charged and ready for the working weeks food (and hopefully working out-although I am getting over a chest infection-so we'll see how that goes). The weekend was good...seeing a good loss on Friday has helped me focus resulting in a dedicated weekend of good choices.

I hope you all have a great week-I would love it if we could have a really excellent result on the scales this week-I think the second week in anything new sorts the men from the boys (so to speak). Let's prove to all the other teams that we are the best team and that we can do this.

lots of love....

Gem x
  • gemmie_c
    Options
    How are you all doing today guys?
    I was pretty good yesterday-still getting over my bug and didn't feel like doing much for dinner. I had a sandwhich and probably overdid it on the cheese as I didn't weigh it. Still-I'm not too worried as I have been under the last few days.

I feel good today. I am going to make myself something yummy for lunch and then have some fruit this afternoon. Not sure what I am going to do for dinner-I need to be at Heathrow to pick my boyfriend up at 7pm. Probably something quick.

Hope you are having a happy and healthy day.

Gem xx
  • LouLouUK
    LouLouUK Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Sorry i have been off the radar... i seem to be more stressed now than i was when i left for my holiday. Had so much to catch up with. Im now back into full swing exercise wise - really really missed it whilst away (yes im not right in the head :laugh: ). Im not going to lie, my eating was pretty poorly whilst away - not dreadful but disappointing... and dreading weighing in on Friday. I think i got a little excited from the thought of having a holiday for the first time in almost 2 years (shame it coincided with this challenge)ha Also drank so little water whilst i was away too! :frown: but have already got back into the swing of things.

How has everybody been? There were some great weight loss results not just in our team but across the rest of the teams too!

Is your week going to plan? What challenges are you facing? If it's not... how are you going to fix it? :wink:

Have a great day everyone!

Louise.xxx
  • LouLouUK
    Options
    Well since I'm losing at about a pound a week and I need 6 more lbs I might actually hit goal and the challenge! that would be a great Christmas present to myself! Have a great Sunday. God Bless

Oh yes!! That would be an AMAZING present to yourself! :smile:

You CAN do it!
  • harley_rose
    Options
    I had a weak day on Tuesday, went home and had 24 oz of Miller Lite Beer..then handful of Chips... thought I was doing so bad with diet I would try to do the 30DS and my knee popped... after adding heat to it for one hour knowing I would need to exercise got on the treadmill and did incline of 5% for 15 min for 3.0 speed.. It bother my knee a little but I manage.
    Today is a new day for me and I will stick to my calories and perform a HIIT tonight... Hoping I don't gain this week but I might..Sorry.
  • shedoos
    shedoos Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I had a weak day on Tuesday, went home and had 24 oz of Miller Lite Beer..then handful of Chips... thought I was doing so bad with diet I would try to do the 30DS and my knee popped... after adding heat to it for one hour knowing I would need to exercise got on the treadmill and did incline of 5% for 15 min for 3.0 speed.. It bother my knee a little but I manage.
    Today is a new day for me and I will stick to my calories and perform a HIIT tonight... Hoping I don't gain this week but I might..Sorry.

DO NOT apologize. We all have ups and downs and we're in it together!!

(remember I said that if I gain :bigsmile: )
  • LouLouUK
    Options

DO NOT apologize. We all have ups and downs and we're in it together!!

(remember I said that if I gain :bigsmile: )

^^^
    Absolutely, we are in this together! We are all going to have good and bad week - we just need to roll with the punches :smile:
  • gemmie_c
    Options
    Right guys-it's our second weigh in tomorrow. How are you all feeling about it?

I have had a good week food wise-not been over-exercise has been on the quiet side-getting over a nasty cold/chest infection which has stopped me working out (I'm asthmatic so having breath is an issue for me when I get sick). I am however going to Jazzercise tonight.

I'm optimistic for a loss this week-feeling focused and ready for the next week. I have the challenge of a weekend of going to my parents for the weekend but I'll try to be a good as possible-they also know that I like to eat healthy-so it should be all ok.

It is my time of the month at the moment-so hopefully it won't have too much of an impact on the scales in a negative way.

Hope you have all had a wonderful week and best of luck for tomorrows weigh in. Don't forget to log it on the spreadsheet so we can look super organised to the other teams.

Excited to see your losses......

Gems xxx
  • carolina_r
    carolina_r Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I've stayed under my calories, but exercise has been a tough one. My 8 month old son is cutting his fourth tooth, and he has been VERY cranky...which means he wakes me up numerous times in the night. When I'm so tired, and I'm dealing with a fussy baby all day long, I find it really hard to stay motivated and stick with my workouts. Plus, my husband is very busy with work - he is a teacher, and he is gone all day and then keeps working when he gets home...So it's me and the baby almost 24-7.

As I mentioned earlier, I am a daily weigher. I am still on track as usual (my lowest dip this week showed a 1.5 lb loss) but with daily fluctuations, who knows if it is going to hit this target tomorrow. Geez, I really hate this "only your weight on this arbitrarily chosen day" counts thing!!! I find it stressful, and surprisingly demotivating...

Well, as mentioned above, we are all going to have good days and bad. I'm sure we will all have weeks where we stall out or even gain a bit. The important thing is just to use this challenge to help you get back on track. As long we all see some loss during the 8 week period, I'd say we've won!
  • SouLThinking
    SouLThinking Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Hey all, well my son's wedding rehearsal dinner was tonight and it went great. I didn't eat much...was too nervous. Looking forward to the wedding tomorrow night and praying everything goes smoothly. Good luck to everyone on their weigh ins. Go Team 3!

Nichole
  • LouLouUK
    Options
    Hi Team,

Well im mixed with anger and happiness this morning after my weigh in. I weighed myself last Sunday when i came off my hols and i had put on 3lbs!!! Hummmmm yes not great. BUT got right back on it this week, and so this morning i see that i have lost a 1.5lbs of it so im very chuffed with that!

The 1.5lbs gives me hope that i can still do this... it's a tall order and im just starting on the back foot. :sad:

Our team have some great results coming in!! A massive well done all of you. Sorry that you cannot rely on your team captain :cry: but i can assure you that im going to be doing my all to make up for it.

Have a good day - im really looking forward to my Body Pump and Combat classes tonight :happy:

xx
  • LouLouUK
    Options
    I've stayed under my calories, but exercise has been a tough one. My 8 month old son is cutting his fourth tooth, and he has been VERY cranky...which means he wakes me up numerous times in the night. When I'm so tired, and I'm dealing with a fussy baby all day long, I find it really hard to stay motivated and stick with my workouts. Plus, my husband is very busy with work - he is a teacher, and he is gone all day and then keeps working when he gets home...So it's me and the baby almost 24-7.

As I mentioned earlier, I am a daily weigher. I am still on track as usual (my lowest dip this week showed a 1.5 lb loss) but with daily fluctuations, who knows if it is going to hit this target tomorrow. Geez, I really hate this "only your weight on this arbitrarily chosen day" counts thing!!! I find it stressful, and surprisingly demotivating...

Well, as mentioned above, we are all going to have good days and bad. I'm sure we will all have weeks where we stall out or even gain a bit. The important thing is just to use this challenge to help you get back on track. As long we all see some loss during the 8 week period, I'd say we've won!

Sounds like your doing the very best you can and i really admire that. I don't have children but i look forward to one day being blessed with them. Keep going, you are doing this for yourself and your family - they are the best gift anyone can have. :smile:

Your last paragraph really rang true with me too. When i saw the 3lb gain last weekend, i felt pretty bad!! But actually, this challenge has helped me re-focus this week. We will have our up's and down's, let's support one another the best we can.

Lou.xx
  • gemmie_c
    Options
    I just wanted to say "YAHOOOOO!" in two weeks I have lost 6lbs thanks to this challenge. I just don't want to let anyone down and more importantly-I don't want to let myself down.

Can't wait to see all your logs for this week. xx
  • tpt42087
    tpt42087 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    So Team3 I have a question! I weigh In this morning at 226.8 but then I got on the scale tonight before gettin in the shower and I weigh in at 224.8 Would you go with the lowest weigh or should I just stick with my first one?
  • carolina_r
    carolina_r Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    tpt42087 - I say stick to your first weigh in (since the challenge was set up for us to weigh ourselves in the morning, when you wake up and before you eat breakfast). Don't worry too much about the number - You are doing great!!

BTW - I took a peek at the spreadsheet...though a number of groups have yet to add all their weights (and hence there are still a number of calculations to be done) we are currently the team with the LARGEST PERCENTAGE LOST!!!!

WAY TO GO TEAM 3!!!! Even if we don't stay "in the lead" this week (as I said, there are quite a few teams that are incomplete) I am so proud that we all entered our data in on time!!

In other news....I had a great loss this week, but I worry that it was mainly muscle mass...I ate too much sugar this week (leftovers from my b-day party...so hard to resist...) and I completely tumbled off the exercise wagon. I find it so tough to stay on track when I'm not getting enough sleep, but I need to find a way around this. I know I will feel more energetic if I get my workouts in, but it is hard to convince yourself to get up early to workout (or stay up late to workout) when all you can think of is sleep...:yawn:
  • gemmie_c
    Options
    Hey gang-how are we all doing this week-are you guys having good or bad weeks. I have found that this week I am even more motivated than before....I'm even considering taking part in the 2012 London Warrior Dash. Which is crazy talk from me (someone who doesn't even run). I figure that this will be motivation to start having a go at running. I'll just be aiming to finish,not win it.

Hope you are all having a good week.

Gem x
  • TwinMumCork
    TwinMumCork Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Gem sorry didn't see this post earlier sorry.

Having a good week so far though will have less time to exercise this week between one of the boys being sick and having a friend staying from Thursday to Saturday. I had a very good weekend foodwise last weekend, a first so this helped to keep me on track for the rest of the week.

This challenge is totally motivating as I was disappointed to only have 1lb loss last week as I tried really hard, even upped my exercise. Hence the good weekend.

Go Team3!!! All set for more loss this week.