Why do some people have to be so mean?

Options
124»

Replies

• Sarahbara76
    Sarahbara76 Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    So today at chick-fil-a, I was having a really bad sugar craving, and I was really good on my food for the day, so I went up and bought an Ice-dream KIDS SIZE not even a small. The guy behind me turned to his girlfriend and said "She really doesn't need that ice cream" loud enough for me to hear. When I turned around and looked at him, he just got this smirk on his face. I wanted to yell "What in the world is your problem? I am 5'6" a size 4, and have a 27 inch waistline?"
    I track my calories and excercise and the one day I really want to "treat myself" some jerk that doesn't even know me has to mouth off like that. I felt like I was back in high school. Why do some people have to be so mean? :cry:
    He was probably checking you out and his girlfriend caught him, so he covered himself with an insult toward you. He's a jerk, and he would have been wearing the ice cream if he said that to me. lol

My sister is prob right. My sister is Johnnysgirl btw :-P I am about a 1/2 taller then u and wear the same size and even have the same size waist as you and most guys says I could stand to eat more and they check me out in front of their girlfriends all the time but usually it's the girlfriend who gets mean or gives me the stinkeye. Look at yourself your beautiful , now ignore the losers and laugh to yourself ;-)
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    So today at chick-fil-a, I was having a really bad sugar craving, and I was really good on my food for the day, so I went up and bought an Ice-dream KIDS SIZE not even a small. The guy behind me turned to his girlfriend and said "She really doesn't need that ice cream" loud enough for me to hear. When I turned around and looked at him, he just got this smirk on his face. I wanted to yell "What in the world is your problem? I am 5'6" a size 4, and have a 27 inch waistline?"
    I track my calories and excercise and the one day I really want to "treat myself" some jerk that doesn't even know me has to mouth off like that. I felt like I was back in high school. Why do some people have to be so mean? :cry:

Some people are so insecure that they need to tear others down to make themselves feel good.

Just brush it off and realize he was saying more about himself than about you.
  • catherine4211
    catherine4211 Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    I was married to an *kitten* like that for over 14 years. I feel sorry for his girlfriend. I also feel bad that you had to hear that but hopefully you understand he's full of s**t........and most likely a very miserable person.
  • catherine4211
    catherine4211 Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    I was married to an *kitten* like that for over 14 years. I feel sorry for his girlfriend. I also feel bad that you had to hear that but hopefully you understand he's full of s**t........and most likely a very miserable person.

And have to add I also had to hear his father talk s**t about me so I know where he got it from - not making excuses for him because he did know better. It's just sad...........
  • DayDreamer78
    DayDreamer78 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Screw him! Please don't let that butt-wad ruin your day. You've got a great life and he does not know you.
  • shiroyashida24
    shiroyashida24 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Really!? WHY would someone say such a thing? I had a 'friend' say that to me (potato chips) I don't know WHAT their problem is but IMO the planet would be much less crowded and all around nicer place without them. I act accordingly. They simply don't exist. Look thru them, not at them. disregard them completely. they are a non-factor in my world

It makes me so sad and angry when the people who are supposed to love and support u no matter what cant seem to understand how their words can cut so deep. I recently had someone very close to me call me and my sister "f@$!ing pigs" because we finished a some Christmas chocolates. And for the record Im 5'3 and 114lbs with a 24" waist and my sisters only 105lbs and a little taller than me! And he, the person who said that, refused to even recognize that what he said was hurtful