Anybody up to start 30 day shred Wed.?

Options

Replies

• kasuki
    kasuki Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Day 5 - I didn't get a chance to work out on Easter Sunday so I will consider that my day of rest. That makes today day 5 and it was rough. Muscles in thighs are still a little sore and that made the rest of workout a little more difficult, but I bit the bullet and managed to complete the level. Makes me wonder if I will be ready to move on to level 2 in another week. My original goal was to spend 2 weeks on each level but I may have to spend a good month ( and I'm okay with that ) on the first level to get in good enough shape to move up. I have never been much of an exersize person so this is my first try at following an organized program. I always thought that because my job was physical work that was good enough but oh I was so wrong. I can tell now that allthough I spent my day moving around and stuff my muscles were not really working very hard. My muscle's are working now and I try to think of it as IT HURTS SO GOOD , I'm giving you shape and definition, along with strength and endurance .
    Hope everyone else is progessing at their chosen pace.
    Karen
  • kasuki
    Options
    Day 6 - Where is everyone ? For a change of pace I got a head of myself and tried level 2 today. I did pretty good ( did some of the stuff in modified verson). It wasn't to bad so I think I will rotate between level 1 and 2 so I don't get bored and also work more of the ab muscles. Come on people, I need to see some more post to stay motivated and I hope to motivate some of you. Let's get busy. Those muscles won't burn fat and tone up all by themselves. We can do this, isn't that why we joined into this challenge? Work it , Work it , work it real good
    Karen
  • MyQuinney
    MyQuinney Posts: 42
    Options
    Day 6 - Where is everyone ? For a change of pace I got a head of myself and tried level 2 today. I did pretty good ( did some of the stuff in modified verson). It wasn't to bad so I think I will rotate between level 1 and 2 so I don't get bored and also work more of the ab muscles. Come on people, I need to see some more post to stay motivated and I hope to motivate some of you. Let's get busy. Those muscles won't burn fat and tone up all by themselves. We can do this, isn't that why we joined into this challenge? Work it , Work it , work it real good
    Karen

Hey Karen! I'm not sure what day it is for me....I think 5. It's still hard! I do love it, though. I feel that I'm really going to get those "summer arms" from this! I'm thinking that my afterschool group is going to move up to Level 2 in a week. We're doing ok with Level 1 on everything except those side lunges where you raise the dumbbells up to eye level in front of you. That's tough! I'm also having a hard time eating enough calories (for the FIRST time ever in my life!) to make sure I get 1200! Anyway, I love it and I'm glad to see you're still at it!
  • borac
    borac Posts: 174
    Options
    Hi Ladies

I'm excited for you and this workout is really amazing. In such a shourt time.. " only 20 minutes" she really does kick butt..

I hate to be the party pooper..but, since i have been doing this workout since January.. i wanted to give you girls a little warning from my own experience.

I loved this workout so much and i was so fired up to do it 6x a week i wanted to have that 30 day shred completed - in .. 30 days..
    Ok.. I'm not " new " at exercising.. but i'm still at 230 lbs.. meaning- heavy for my joints/knees

After 2 weeks of doing the shred my knees became so painfull that i couldn't even bend or walk, i had to sit out on ALL exercises, i couldn't do anything !
    It took me over a month to recover, it was pretty scary i actuall went to see my doc. for that, and he told me to stop it. Well i'm not going to listen to him, but i will decrease the amount of " 30 day shred"
    it's hard on the joints/knees esp. when you are heavy.

So girls.. i don't mean to be mean, but i really don't want you to get injured, prevent it if you can.. give your knees and joints some rest, esp, if you are " heavier ".. this is a tough workout. I don't say " sit and don't do nothing " but maybe mix it up with something else just to give your knees some rest.

This is just a well meant advice i hope you take it like that :flowerforyou:

Good luck to all of you :)
  • queenmina
    queenmina Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies

I'm excited for you and this workout is really amazing. In such a shourt time.. " only 20 minutes" she really does kick butt..

I hate to be the party pooper..but, since i have been doing this workout since January.. i wanted to give you girls a little warning from my own experience.

I loved this workout so much and i was so fired up to do it 6x a week i wanted to have that 30 day shred completed - in .. 30 days..
    Ok.. I'm not " new " at exercising.. but i'm still at 230 lbs.. meaning- heavy for my joints/knees

After 2 weeks of doing the shred my knees became so painfull that i couldn't even bend or walk, i had to sit out on ALL exercises, i couldn't do anything !
    It took me over a month to recover, it was pretty scary i actuall went to see my doc. for that, and he told me to stop it. Well i'm not going to listen to him, but i will decrease the amount of " 30 day shred"
    it's hard on the joints/knees esp. when you are heavy.

So girls.. i don't mean to be mean, but i really don't want you to get injured, prevent it if you can.. give your knees and joints some rest, esp, if you are " heavier ".. this is a tough workout. I don't say " sit and don't do nothing " but maybe mix it up with something else just to give your knees some rest.

This is just a well meant advice i hope you take it like that :flowerforyou:

Good luck to all of you :)

You got a good point there... I guess we all have to listen to our bodies. It's good to push yourself but we don't want any injuries either, right?

I'm on Day 3 today. I actually only did 10 minutes yesterday because I wasn't feeling too well but I managed today. :) I've been exercising fairly consistency for quite a while now and I can manage to make it through the whole of level 1. And it really does get easier the more you do it. I only do girly pushups though. HAHA!

I was 182lbs (and I'm about 5feet) when I started on Monday so let's see how far I can go.

Go go go!
  • queenmina
    Options
    No it's not too late!!! I've only done it 4 times now and there's no way you can do it and NOT tone up! I can't even do those shoulder lift to eye level things all the way through yet! What's Barry's Bootcamp? So YES.....keep in touch here and let us know how it's going with you! Glad to meet you!

Hey! Thanks for the welcome! It's really encouraging to hear about good results from this DVD because it really motivates you to sweat through it. :)

And Barry's Bootcamp is an exercise set (DVDs, resistance bands and something he calls a transformer - which is basically an elongated medicine ball that acts as a bench). You can check it out at www.barrysbootcamp.com. I really love it because you can customise your workouts and you get this equipment. I do quite a bit of travelling so I bring the band and DVDs with me so I can work out in hotel rooms. He also uses interval training so it's one of those lotsa sweat in a little time systems. :)
  • queenmina
    Options
    Karen

Go Karen Go!

I've been doing mostly level one lately too. I was thinking of doing level one for a week then going up because I'm pretty ok with the exercises so far. But I think I'll take a cue from you and switch it up so I work different groups. I do this in the mornings before work, and I also do Barry's Bootcamp in the evenings. Tone tone tone burn burn burn!
  • nzfoxy
    nzfoxy Posts: 29
    Options
    Hi Everyone. Today will be day 14 for me, I am on level 2 but still struggling to do all the moves without resorting to the modified version. Level 1 was hard to start with but after 8 days of doing it I moved up to level 2. I think I will be at level 2 for another 4 days or so. I have definitely started to tone up and feel much better in my jeans! Its worth the pain I can tell you. I will feel very proud when I can give level 3 a go. I am completely committed to doing this for 30 days along with the MFP calorie count and see where it takes me. I think I have lost 4 pounds so far.
  • MyQuinney
    Options
    You're already on Day 14?? There is hope for me yet! I'm trying to do this every other day. I am running, too, and it seems that the days I Shred...I can barely run. My legs are just too tired. So how's level 2? It looks tough! Any helpful advice? I've definitely noticed a change even though I'm just a week into it. I can tell my arms feel different! It might be in my head....but if it works to motivate me a little more...then ok! :happy: Congrats on your 4 pounds!
  • kasuki
    Options
    Day 7 - did level 2 again. I think I like this level better then 1 but I am still going to rotate. Not moving to 3 until I can do both levels without modifacation. My arms only get a little sore now but my legs are another story. Good luck everyone and don't give up.
    Karen
  • juliluvstrevor2003
    Options
    I was so motivated on Monday when I did the shred for the first time! Then Tuesday I caught a flu bug and I haven't been able to get rid of it yet! So hopefully soon I'll be back to shredding with all you lovely people!! Keep it up! You're all doing great!! -Juli

157578.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • nzfoxy
    Options
    I am so upset, I did my level 2 workout last night (day 14) and I've hurt my ankle!!! I can hardly walk on it today and it is so sore. I don' t know how I did it but I think maybe doing the jumping jacks I rolled over on my ankle a little. I can't believe this has happened, I am so committed to doing this for 30 days to see the difference it makes as finally, I have found something that I look forward to doing and I can see the results of my hard work already. I have strapped it up and will do the strength & abs tonight but will do something non impact during the cardio sections. Fingers crossed I am back to normal in a couple of days, I am terrible at losing motivation and afraid if I stop, I won't get started again. How is everyone else getting on?
  • MyQuinney
    Options
    I am so upset, I did my level 2 workout last night (day 14) and I've hurt my ankle!!! I can hardly walk on it today and it is so sore. I don' t know how I did it but I think maybe doing the jumping jacks I rolled over on my ankle a little. I can't believe this has happened, I am so committed to doing this for 30 days to see the difference it makes as finally, I have found something that I look forward to doing and I can see the results of my hard work already. I have strapped it up and will do the strength & abs tonight but will do something non impact during the cardio sections. Fingers crossed I am back to normal in a couple of days, I am terrible at losing motivation and afraid if I stop, I won't get started again. How is everyone else getting on?
    Oh no!!! Did you ice it or anything? Don't worry about motivation...keep posting on here and let us know how you're recovering. We'll try to keep you motivated so you can get back into some kind of exercise! So far everything's good with me. I'm on Day 6 and it's still hard, but I can tell a difference in my overall tone. I hope you are ok and recover quickly!
  • nzfoxy
    Options
    Thanks My Quinney, there's no improvement in my ankle but I am determined not to let all this hard work go to waste so I still did my level 2 work out last night but I didn't do the cardio exercises, instead I did cross punches and walking on the spot rising my hands like a jumping jack, no impact but still working/moving for those 2 minutes. The strength & abs I did as normal and surprisingly I was sweating by the end and still felt I got a good work out in. So I am not so depressed today.
    If anyone has any good suggestions for cardio that doesn't involve any jumping, I'd love to hear about them.
  • MyQuinney
    Options
    Boy did I ever blow it tonight. :sick: I ate pizza and if that wasn't enough....I ate 12 Cadbury mini eggs. I know you have to eat things you love sometimes but when I see the calories.......dang! Help!
  • queenmina
    Options

Hey don't worry so much! I know how you feel. Doc told me to lay off weights for a couple of days because I pulled a muscle in my back. You can always opt to do lower impact stuff like maybe bike? while you're waiting to recover. Or maybe concentrate on working out your upper body with resistance bands or free weights. Ab workouts are also a good option. And before you know it you'll be back on track! :)
  • queenmina
    Options
    Boy did I ever blow it tonight. :sick: I ate pizza and if that wasn't enough....I ate 12 Cadbury mini eggs. I know you have to eat things you love sometimes but when I see the calories.......dang! Help!

I know how you feel! I just had a this four course dinner last night (it was a formal event, benefit dinner type thing) and there was foie gras and truffles and chocolate... I could not resist. But there's no point in beating ourselves up about it. We just have to pick ourselves up and keep going. I'm working out my frustration with exercise.

But for the next time, when you're really craving something, or are about to give in to temptation, keep yourself busy. Try to do anything else: work, exercise, read through these forums, just distract yourself. I do that and it helps maybe 2 out of 3 times. But hey, at least I don't give in with the other two times. Haha.
  • queenmina
    Options
    I'm starting Level 2 tomorrow! Wish me luck!
  • Nadyasmom
    Nadyasmom Posts: 281
    Options
    I've only been doing it for 4 days now--but hey...I've done 4 days straight--that's a record for me! I mean, I'll be consistent over all (continue working out for a while) but usually take a break for a day in between. 4 days doesn't sound like much, I know, but man..this workout is tough! I hurt in places I didn't even know I had!

When do i know if I"m ready to move up a level?
  • butterfly111
    butterfly111 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm just starting the 30 day shred today! I'm anxious to hear how everyone is doing with this. How much weight has anyone lost doing the shred?:flowerforyou: