lifes not fair

Options

Replies

• brookepenni
    brookepenni Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I've had three surgeries on the girls for tumors. I want them fixed up, and I want insurance to cover it. But since that hasn't happened, at least I can say they're currently HILARIOUS!!!!

I have a friend with some like these - she calls them an art piece. Beauty is always in the eye of the beholder :)
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    it would be crazy. The reason they use to do free surgeries was to practice for the surgeries they would need to perform in the heat of battle... so to speak... Probably not the guys you would want cutting on you for visual reasons anyway. These rumors bother me only because it makes people think money is being poured into the military for ridiculous reasons and it simply isn't like that. Half the time my husband has to pay for his own equipment if he wants stuff that works, and people want to cut our funding because they think wives are running around with new breasts on their dime... not how it works.

My mother lives with her boyfriend in kileen at fort hood and honestly I think it's a little ridiculous how much they do for them. Move everything for free? Super crazy inexpensive healthcare? A food, mortgage, AND salary allowance? I mean I know they risk our lives for us and I have nothing but respect for them but it seems like they should be putting more money into helping them go back into society... After 4 tours in Iraq it's no wonder he can't sleep at night.

Also since this is totally off topic I shall stop there!

BOOBS!
  • CastleMadeOfSand
    CastleMadeOfSand Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    " I find it offensive. Au naturelle, baby. That's how I like them. Swing low, sweet chariots. " - Creed Bratton.
  • brookepenni
    brookepenni Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    " I find it offensive. Au naturelle, baby. That's how I like them. Swing low, sweet chariots. " - Creed Bratton.

Haha loved this. However in my case - "swing low, swing wide'....!!!!
  • thor1god1of1awesome
    Options
    OP I feel your pain I remember one time in high-school a kid told to put a training bra on because it was so gross to see my moobs flop around
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    OP I feel your pain I remember one time in high-school a kid told to put a training bra on because it was so gross to see my moobs flop around

I hope you kicked his *kitten*, or intend to kick his *kitten* at the next class reunion.
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    My mother lives with her boyfriend in kileen at fort hood and honestly I think it's a little ridiculous how much they do for them. Move everything for free? Super crazy inexpensive healthcare? A food, mortgage, AND salary allowance? I mean I know they risk our lives for us and I have nothing but respect for them but it seems like they should be putting more money into helping them go back into society... After 4 tours in Iraq it's no wonder he can't sleep at night.
    The benefits compensate for the wages, which are much lower than comparable jobs done in the private sector.
  • starwhisperer
    Options
    lol that isn't the whole story either though. If you take away the extra benefits like health and housing my husband's base salary is so far below poverty it would almost be funny. The addition of those things is what makes it possible to live. yeah they pay for the moving, because they give us no notice and a day to report. For instance we had 2 months of notice and have to be in Washington state from NC. I don't have the money to pack up and do that on my own.. .but if he didn't report when they say he has to then he would be considered AWOL and thrown in jail. Besides we don't want them to spend money on returning us to society, because this is the life we have chosen for the next 15 years.
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    lol that isn't the whole story either though. If you take away the extra benefits like health and housing my husband's base salary is so far below poverty it would almost be funny. The addition of those things is what makes it possible to live. yeah they pay for the moving, because they give us no notice and a day to report. For instance we had 2 months of notice and have to be in Washington state from NC. I don't have the money to pack up and do that on my own.. .but if he didn't report when they say he has to then he would be considered AWOL and thrown in jail. Besides we don't want them to spend money on returning us to society, because this is the life we have chosen for the next 15 years.

Blessings to you. <3
  • thor1god1of1awesome
    Options

I hope you kicked his *kitten*, or intend to kick his *kitten* at the next class reunion.
    yeah school was not fun but that the past and I'm moving forward.....but yea I still wanna kick them the nuts lol
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Damn.
  • mandag9008
    mandag9008 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    ha i always love to laugh. thanks i needed that.
  • mandag9008
    mandag9008 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    moobs. i havent heard that in a while, and i do hope you stood up for yourself.
  • MIMITIME
    MIMITIME Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    To the OP - Ha Ha Very Funny. To the poster that describes her boobs as HILLARIOUS - I love your attitude. It is amazing.

To the poster that begrudges what we do for the Military. I think about all they have done and continue to do for me. I don't begrudge one dime of my money going to the Military. It is a hard life on the Soldier and his/her family.

To all the Military out there - Thank You For ALL Yo Do - Happy Veteran's Day and Hoping You Have a Safe and Peaceful Day
  • iamjenae
    Options
    To all the Military out there - Thank You For ALL Yo Do - Happy Veteran's Day and Hoping You Have a Safe and Peaceful Day

AMEN. I have been an Army Wife for 3 years (and a girlfriend for 4 more before that), people need to take a step back and think about the things they're saying before they blurt them out. The men and women in our Military do amazing things for us and the LEAST we can do is be supportive of them and their families. The health insurance is not that luxurious--it does its job. The housing pay is not too much, it was enough to cover our bills so that we didn't have to go hungry. The base pay is ridiculously low... do some research before you bash our Vets.

Also, <3 boobies. Boobs are boobs...
  • MisterDubs303
    MisterDubs303 Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Yep, after losing 80 some pounds, it is rapidly becoming apparent that I will still have outrageous man boobs until the very last ounce of other body fat has melted away. My belly at least made them seem more proportional, but now...:grumble:
    Yep, I get jealous of all the ladies complaining (or celebrating) that their boobs are shrinking. Mine are holding their ground just fine. :sad:
  • djkshdfd
    djkshdfd Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    breast implants.

Ahh I think I'm gonna get my boobs done. I'm probably gonna get yelled at for it on this post but I'm marrying a marine so it's free. And I'm getting super toned and losing my boobies):

They are free through health insurance?? Whaaaa?

Uh sorta. Military wives get 2 free plastic surgeries a year while their men are enlisted.It's a small reward though, as is the health insurance. Not seeing him for 9 months at a time is a huge price):
  • jskaggs1971
    jskaggs1971 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    You guys don't have to go through yearly mammograms, so quit yer whinin'

Prostate exams.
  • iamjenae
    Options

Prostate exams.

Yearly pap smears/physical exams? :noway:
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options

Prostate exams.

Yearly pap smears/physical exams? :noway:
    Might I add that we generally start this at age 18, and it happens every year for...well, pretty much till menopause at least (then I think you get to go less often)

Oh, and eventually we get to have regular colonoscopies after a certain age, so we still get 'the shaft' (no pun intended) more than men when it comes to invasive medical tests.

OH...and to the OP - thanks for the laugh :bigsmile: