Extremly Overweight, and Needing lots of Support

Options

Replies

• biff54928
    Options
    Hi Cheryl I am also overweight... I try blaming it on having 4 kids and a stay at home mom but like you body parts were starting to HURT! And after my last doc. appointment I knew I needed to kick myself in the butt! Just start out by walking as much as you can and watch what you eat. In the 2 months that I have been on this site I have lost 19 pounds so I know you can do it also.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    This is why I do this stuff!

hugs to you all!
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Awesome girl. You've taken the first step.

Start by simply tracking everything you eat on here. Figure out what you're taking in, even if it's way over your goal. Start reducing slowly how many calories you eat every day and replacing bad foods with nutritionally better foods one at a time. First and foremost, remember this is a long journey, one you will be on the rest of your life. Be patient and take your time. Don't let a slipup knock you out.

Good luck girl!
  • judykritikos
    Options
    I just have to say I am AMAZED at this site. I mean- serious people who want nothing more than to eat healthy, live healthy, BE healthy - and encourage, uplift and support everyone while they're doing the same thing. I am so struck by the # of people who are gracious, helpful, straight-up advice, encouraging and uplifting. How could anyone fail when they REALLY want something, and have this audacious group of supporters cheering them on. God bless each and every one of you. FRIEND ME!!! I surround myself by positive, upbeat people. Good night to all the ships at sea...... ;) Judy
  • OneDayAtaTime1967
    Options
    Hello Cheryl, add me as a friend also, we can make this journey together. I see you have a lot of support already so the rest is up to you, by logging in everyday and telling us how your day is going. I'm on my 10day and I have lost 2.5lb already and I'm loving it. It's a slow process but remember it took time to be where we are today. Oh by the way my name is Anissa
  • chellesky
    Options
    Hiya Cherly
    Ive got about 90lbs to lose so Im gonna be around for a while too. Add me as a friend and we can do this together xx
  • stayxtrue
    stayxtrue Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    We are all here to help, use these forums they are really great for support
  • CHARLETTE32
    Options
    Cheryl,
    It is important to remember a few things:
    1. Whatever got you to this point it is no longer important, focus on where you want to go.
    2. Changes take time, don't be discourage if you work really hard one week and the scale doesn't budge.
    3. PLAN EVERYTHING! I write a 3 day meal and exercise plan for myself and I take it everywhere...it helps.

You can feel free to add me as a friend: charlette32:happy: :wink:
  • kflo76
    Options
    You can add me! This is a great place for support!!! Congratulations on taking a huge step in the right direction:flowerforyou:
  • chelbean23
    chelbean23 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I only just started on this site last week and am already addicted. You can do this!! I would love to add you as a friend!!
  • aurie024
    aurie024 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    You can add me! I am just starting out as well. :)
  • charm_quark
    charm_quark Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    First of all, I'm so sure that YOU CAN DO IT!
    Also as you see you already have a group for support, as most of us share the same weight issues and we can help each other.

Feel free to add me!
  • crepes_
    crepes_ Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    You've definitely come to the right place if you need support and community. This group is so nice and caring.

I'd love to add you and help you out in any way I cn for your weight loss journey.
  • Libbyly
    Libbyly Posts: 175
    Options
    Hi Cheryl - It's so hard to do but everyone here is really nice. The positive reinforcement is a huge help.

Lots of luck!
  • letobot
    letobot Posts: 205
    Options
    hi! Anything is possible if you want it bad enough....one step at a time. Feel free to add me.
  • JanLeb
    JanLeb Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Hi Cheryl, this really is a great place for support.

Feel fre to add me as well
  • Tmaurantonio
    Options
    Is this program only for ladies?
  • follownocrowd
    follownocrowd Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Hang in there Cheryl!! Don't give up on yourself!!! My best advice to you is to keep yourself accountable for what you eat and what you do everyday! Eat LOTS of veggies, lean protein, and whole grains!!!! Ask for new recipes!!

Nicole
  • Maryfullofgrace
    Maryfullofgrace Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Hello, My name is Cheryl, and I am in need of as much support as i can. I am extremely over weight, and at my last straw for trying to lose weight. I am at the point right now where I can barely walk, and I have knee issues that the doctors cant seem to figure. I am hoping to lose weight and take some pain and pressure off of my knee and hopefully get back to enjoying life. I do know at my weight this will be a very Long process but well worth it in the end. SO if there is anyone out there that thinks they could help me out with some cheerful words and lots of support. I would except any help with open arms. Thank you.

Cheryl! Welcome and you are so smart for doing this! Just a loss of 10 pounds will take a LOT of pressure off of your knee! When I lost my first 20 pounds, my back and hips and everything started aching for a few weeks. It was my body readjusting to the new me! So don't be discouraged. Know that this will take time but know also that anything worth fighting is going to hit back a few times and it is your decision to keep fighting or lay down and let it defeat you. I can tell by your words above that you are a fighter and have your mind in a really good place. Congratulations.
  • JoDoFo
    Options
    You go girl! 80% of becoming fit is Mind over Matter. Get yourself in the right mindset. Surround yourself with successful and encouraging support. Read and write your short and longterm goals every single morning. Log, log, log. Listen to and watch inspirational people and stories. It doesn't have to be about weight loss; inspiration can come from some crazy sources. Watch the move Homeward Bound - it's about three pets that cross the country and after overcoming incredible odds, finally make their way home! Laugh and be happy with the little accomplishments. And, don't go grocery shopping when you're hungry