Extremly Overweight, and Needing lots of Support

Options

Replies

• sarahlynnday
    Options
    Well you took the first step Cheryl :) thats what counts! you'll find lots of support on this site, add me if you would like to! :)
  • shakemybooty
    shakemybooty Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Hi Cheryl! This is a great site and we're all here for you!
  • Alyshahmr
    Options
    Hi Cheryl-

It is a long road but a good road. Keep in mind that you are an important person and we will help you along the way.
  • kpauten729
    kpauten729 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    hi everyone, I am also overweight. tried every diet you can probably think of. I am new at this also but if anybody have any suggestion on exercise and food. please let me know or friend me also and i will be glad to take the suggestion.
  • erica714
    erica714 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I know you can do this :) Feel free to add me. I would love to help you out as much as I possibly can :)
  • BPayton27
    BPayton27 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    You've definitely come to the right place for support! This is an amazingly motivational group of people with great advice to offer. I have been here about a month and have learned so much already. Feel free to add me! We are all going through the same thing and understand how difficult the process is. Take it one day at a time! :smile:
  • LeenaJaswal
    LeenaJaswal Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi All,

I want to loose 20 kgs.
    I am working in IT company so have to work almost 11 hours. Need a lot of motivation to loose weight. I don't have friends who can exercise with me.

Thanks
    Leena
  • ohiogal614
    ohiogal614 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi Cheryl, TaDa! You have arrived at the perfect location for losing weight and having support along the way. We are all here for the right reasons. I am proud of you for taking this step, it shows courage and determination. These are some things I thought I had lost before I started. Stay focused and get excited over ANY weight loss... some weeks it is pounds and other weeks it may be inches.... so just stay focused and know we are all here to support each other. Linda
  • debswebby
    Options
    :smile: Cheryl, first of all I must congratulate you on starting this journey. I was where you are 3 years ago. I could barely walk. I couldn't even tie my own shoelaces. It was like a living death. I have since lost 71lbs and my life has changed beyond recognition. The best thing is that you see and feel the benefits all the way along. The first time you see your ankle bones appear, the steering wheel of the car getting further away. I've just found my collar bone :laugh:

Feel free to add me. :flowerforyou:
  • fitjac
    fitjac Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Cheryl, you just took the hardest step that you will take....recognizing your problem and asking for help. That already shows strength and determination and girlfriend, I know you can do it. You have to first believe it and make sure that you claim it. Keep the naysayers and doubters out of your life and always know where your true support system is...right here on MFP!!!:smile:
  • AylaBean
    AylaBean Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too!

And feel free to join my new group for peple who have "More To Lose" :)
  • budgetqueen79
    budgetqueen79 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    No, It's plenty of men on here too they have groups and stuff also.
  • truddlep
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. I started my weight loss journey at 248lbs. There have been bumps in the road but I am at 172 right now. Just take it one day at a time and you will get there.
  • summer827
    summer827 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    You can do this, Cheryl! It looks like support will be no problem :)!! Log everything, everyday. (Whenever I'm off track, I'm not logging my intake!!) Gradually increase activity as you are able! Set small goals along the way and share them here! Spend time planning so you have healthy foods on hand when you need them. Keep reading and look for tips that appeal to you and are doable!
  • stepstofitness
    Options
    Hi

My reason for joining is different, I am here to support a friend in her weight loss journey. I am a group fitness instructor on my way to personal training. I would be more than happy to help you with the support you need be it nutrition, guidance, workout plans or just a support and listening ear. I love what I do and would be more than happy to help you achieve your fitness goal. As women we are strong, much stronger than we give ourselves credit for and with the right support and motivation given you can achieve this.

Janine
  • landlwoof
    landlwoof Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hi Cheryl. I would love to have you as a friend. Feel free to add me. I've got about 100lbs to lose and yes, it's a long road, but I'm determined this will be the last time I walk it.
    The support on this site is amazing.
  • LuciaLongIsland
    LuciaLongIsland Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    I would be more then happy to help and encourage you. Please add me as a friend.
  • Tangerine302
    Tangerine302 Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Well with all this support Cheryl, you will have to lose the weight! :) It's nice to meet you and I wish you all the best! :)
  • liveinthemix
    liveinthemix Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site!!
  • joemomma3d
    Options
    hi cheryl :) you sound like me !! I am looking for a buddy to help me on my journey, maybe we can help one another !!