Move-ember Challenge (Closed)

Options

Replies

• may5220
    may5220 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    11/11/11-checking in I have lost 4 lbs from my 1lb gain it motivated me to kick into gear. I weighed in early on Wednesday, lost 3 lbs. and then I weighed in again this morning to make it official and I lost another pound. I am 1 pound away for my mini goal. I am going to Myrtle Beach next weekend and I want to be 265 lbs.

My water intake is up to 16 glasses a day, except yesterday. Doing Zumba twice a week, I am going to get Zumba for the Wii. next week I will try to increase home workout in between Zumba class. I hope everyone has a great weekend.
  • sheBB
    sheBB Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Ok so this week is not going as planned, but its a good thing my duaghter gave birth today to a 3rd son for her my 4th grandson. So neeedless to say I am not at home I am taking care of her 2 other sons. I will be away from my home and routine for the remainder of the week. I am going to really try to watch the calories but will probaly not get in the exercise I would like to. I will not be able to update the spreadsheet until I get home and can weigh in on my scale. (My daughter does not even own a scale). Have a good week everyone, will check in when I can this week.

/
    Congratulations on the new addition, so exciting!
  • sheBB
    sheBB Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Hope everyone has a great Friday! Remember the veterans and all those who are serving.

Let's make it a fabulous weekend. So far I've met my goals, ( with the water and calories) except for veggies, going to eat some today.
  • LittleFootLT11
    Options

Also I guess MFP has groups now. You guys want to do that?

I think a group would be a great idea!

I concur!

Agreed!
  • Shalimarmandy
    Shalimarmandy Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Shalimarmandy: wooo hoooo, way to go!! and happy (belated) birthday!

HEHE Thanks!! you posted that ON my actualy birthday so you weren't belated!
  • Shalimarmandy
    Options
    Also, I got hit on whilst DONATING BLOOD. Of all places! I wasn't sure if the guy was hitting on me or just being friendly but the nurse dealing with my donation was convinced it was a hit and bullied me for not 'making a move' on the rather good looking guy!! But really, why hit on a girl and not ask for her number? He spent a good 7 minutes chatting with me and then left without any follow up. LAME. Not that I would have followed it up, I'm busy looking after me right now, but it would be nice to have the option =P

That's awesome!!!
  • Shalimarmandy
    Options
    I will post my weigh in and continue reading here this week, but I don't expect to be eating healthy again (sad!) until next Monday. I will stay active, though!

Do what you can and it will all even out in the end!
  • Shalimarmandy
    Options
    I am down to the wire. But you know what they say about that "last ten pounds"? It's true. I've been trying to get it off since March when I reached this goal. However, I tried something different yesterday, I only logged in my food all day and waited until I had completed it before adding my exercise. I stayed within my daily goal in calories then added the exercise and completed the days diary. Not having an added evening snack or anything, even though I had just received those extra calories. I was down a pound this morning. So I am going to keep doing that this week. See how that goes.

Great job!! Sometimes we have to trick ourselves into doing what's need!
  • Shalimarmandy
    Options

I saw that when created the new thread any idea of how it works?
  • Shalimarmandy
    Options
    still no change in the scale... starting to get VERY frustrated

Don't give up.. Have you tried making changes??
    Change ideas - zig zagging, change your workout routine, change up your protein carb ratios etc. ??

Just an idea
  • Shalimarmandy
    Options
    11/11/11-checking in I have lost 4 lbs from my 1lb gain it motivated me to kick into gear. I weighed in early on Wednesday, lost 3 lbs. and then I weighed in again this morning to make it official and I lost another pound. I am 1 pound away for my mini goal. I am going to Myrtle Beach next weekend and I want to be 265 lbs.

My water intake is up to 16 glasses a day, except yesterday. Doing Zumba twice a week, I am going to get Zumba for the Wii. next week I will try to increase home workout in between Zumba class. I hope everyone has a great weekend.

That is SOOOO awesome keep up the good work!
  • Shalimarmandy
    Options
    Pita chips are evil. As are co-workers who bring in chocolate chip cookies! It's going to take me forever to lose this 10 if I keep this up. Grrr...

This time of the year is so bad for that! I am so lucky that my co-workers understand. We celebrated my birthday withOUT any cake which is not normal for us! And yesterday I was chatting with a co-worker and she was eating brownies. She said "I know you probably don't want one but if you do I have brownies and you are welcome to one if you want it" This made it soooo easy to say no thanks. Once you start saying no and coworkers see the weigh loss they should start giving you outs without making you feel guilty :) The more you say no the less they will push :)
  • Shalimarmandy
    Options
    This week's challenge...

1.) Stay under/at your calories goal every day this week (on average - if you have an expected overage counteract it with working out or cutting back somewhere else)
    2.) Burn a minimum of 1,000 calories this week (divide it up how ever you want)
    3.) Drink your water - 8 glasses every day!
    4.) Make at least 2 post this week to this thread either updating your status or encouraging one of the other challenge members
    5.) On Friday, update your weight and any nsv for the week.
  • Shalimarmandy
    Options
    Here's my friday update... some how I managed to lose 2 pounds this week even though I ate too much and didn't work out even though I managed.... NSV - I have noticed that my current work pants are NOT fitting any more - they are too BIG!! Time to dig out the next smaller size in my closet and try them on - yikes!
  • LittleFootLT11
    Options
    Just go to Community and there is a Groups tab. Then you can create a new group and make sure we all know so we can join it too! Also, congrats on your loss girlie! What an awesome birthday present to yourself!

I saw that when created the new thread any idea of how it works?
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    did not do my workouts nor did i log what i ate all week (oops)

but the good news is I am exactly the same weight as last week :) hooray!
  • Healthy_Shelley
    Healthy_Shelley Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm at 164.5 this week, thanks for updating! (Or should I put it in the google doc myself? I'm happy to, either way!)
  • letmedrown
    Options
    My weekly update! Lost 2 pounds this week which im happy about. I feel better, have been burning close to 500 calories a day since monday doing exercise bike mainly. Havent been to the gym tho which i wanted to do. Going away for the night tommorow to see a mate i havent seen in over 5 months due to me being in america for 4 months. Im hoping i dont slip up to much and eat over when im sure takeaways will be ordered!
  • cptnjck0209
    cptnjck0209 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Still 213, no weight loss since the lb lost last week. Oh well, I'm over visiting family at the minute so more fooding and less control that usual, at least it isn't a gain.
    I'll try to build in more exercise for next week and keep going with my water to see if that helps any.
  • Shalimarmandy
    Options
    Ok everyone I'm looking into creating the group thing.... trying figure out if I should name it something generic so I can use it each month or if I should be specific to this month only... decisions decisions LOL