Did losing weight change your relationship status?

Options
13»

Replies

• bigdaddycowgill
    bigdaddycowgill Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Nope. Been married for 18 1/2 years & together for 19 1/2 & it hasn't changed a bit!
  • JDRBT
    JDRBT Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    for me "yes"! My husband became more insecure as I became more secure about who I was, what I was and what I could accomplish. The attention I was getting from strangers didn't help the situation either but I have to say it made my relationship stronger. He stopped taking for me for granted and started looking at me, I mean really looking at me and I of course love the new me. I'm doing things I've never imagined and life is good!

I learned that too! Confidence is sexy and when you feel like you look good. your confidence skyrockets! The good ones learn how to adapt. The bad ones get lost. ;)
  • JDRBT
    JDRBT Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Well I have noticed much more attention of late. But being a short guy its hard to get a girl interested. My confidence is what has actually changed.
    I have been single for 2 years and struggle to find people who are actually single. But hey you just never know what may happen.

Hey - I'm short and have been single for 4 years!!!! I also struggle to find people who are single!

Ya know, when I was single I met a GREAT guy off Eharmony who happened to be 3 inches shorter than me. He was awesome. Though we didn't end up going beyond a couple dates, it broke me of that 'a guy needs to be taller than me' thing (which is equally hard to find when you 5'11 with shoes on and a woman!). Things I loved about dating a short guy - he didn't CARE about my height! He was looking at me as a person, whether that was up or down or right across the table. :) I could wear heels (a rarity) and not feel out of place. He loved that I had long legs.

It's all about how you sell it - short folks! I think he was about 5'6" (on a tall day).
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    I've gotten more attention from men, but no relationship has come of it yet...
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    My attitude has done a complete 180. I'm happier, more secure, and a bit more outgoing. I smile a lot more, and even had the guts to apply for (and get) a retail job! But, I still haven't been hit on once with the first 55 pounds gone. Maybe after the next 45?
  • l00zrr
    l00zrr Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend fell in love with me for my personality, not my looks.
    He doesn't care if I'm 120, or 620lbs.
    Most importantly to me, he's supports me through this, every step!
  • jasmineheaven
    Options

A lot of you must live in some romantic places or just be lucky because a lot of men I know of are with women for their looks.
  • l00zrr
    l00zrr Posts: 109 Member
    Options

A lot of you must live in some romantic places or just be lucky because a lot of men I know of are with women for their looks.

LOL. I'm in an arranged marriage.
    Wouldn't call that part of it completely romantic ;D

I know what you mean though. I'd be just like it if I wasn't raised to marry mine.