MFP The Biggest Loser Yellow Team***Closed Group***

Options

Replies

• macylane4
    Options
    I like the idea of a festive meal!! The chili...what are the stats on it? Calories...protein, fat, etc!!! We should also do a low cal sugar free pumpkin dessert or something along those lnes!! Lettuce wraps for lunch is a good idea...I've never had those so you guys might have some healthy suggestions for those!
  • rachdlew
    rachdlew Posts: 108
    Options
    Wow, those are some really great ideas, everyone! I'm so impressed! I'm afraid I'm probably not going to be much help for this one, but I will certainly try to think of some ideas too. As I told ArmyWife earlier, I'm a vegetarian and a lot of the things I eat would probably be weird to most people. LOL.

I love the idea of the breakfast fruit salad - lots of fruits and some protein as well. The only other idea I can think of for breakfast would be some sort of breakfast scramble, or even breakfast burrito. Eggs (or egg whites), lots of veggies, maybe a whole wheat tortilla or something? I don't eat eggs, so I don't even know the nutrition/calorie value, but that seems like something that normal people might like. LOL

Lettuce wraps are also a great idea for lunch, I think. I wouldn't begin to know a recipe for tuna or chicken salad, but that seems like it would be a great healthy meal with lots of protein and the right amount of calories? I'll keep trying to think of some other ideas for lunch...

And that white bean pumpkin chili sounds AMAZING! Not for me, of course, but in general. :) I think that is a great idea, and it's very seasonal as well which is awesome. I definitely vote for that one.

Well, I know I'm not much help but I really will keep trying to come up with more ideas. I usually have a super-healthy green smoothie for breakfast that most people probably wouldn't like. For lunches I'll often have things like brown rice & veggies, or a quinoa meal or something with lentils. I'm a pretty simple cook, and use simple ingredients but I know I use a lot of things that the average person might not have in their kitchen.

You guys are awesome, though! I'll keep checking back here and see what else anybody comes up with and put down anymore ideas I might come up with. Let's have a great week and keep everybody safe!!!! :smile:
    I personally like vegetarian meals some of the best food I have had was Vegen so please throw out some recipies if for nothing else for me:)
  • rachdlew
    Options
    I like the idea of a festive meal!! The chili...what are the stats on it? Calories...protein, fat, etc!!! We should also do a low cal sugar free pumpkin dessert or something along those lnes!! Lettuce wraps for lunch is a good idea...I've never had those so you guys might have some healthy suggestions for those!
    THe great thing about lettuce wraps is you can stick what everr you want in it and not have all the calories and sodium found in a barrito I love Tuna lettuce wraps and its just canned tuna in water with mayo and what ever else you like in it I like onions a bit of brrown mustard and some cayan pepper with a little salt wrap in a lettuce leaf and you can have a LOT of it I will put it all together and give you a def count on Calories and fat and sodium
  • AmazingStace
    AmazingStace Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    The chili recipe is on skinnytaste.com, but I modified it.

For the ingredients I used, the nutrition facts are: 215 cal, 26 carbs, 5 fat, 21 protein, 614 sodium. That's a 1 cup serving.

I think the lettuce wraps are a great idea for lunch. I don't have a tried and true tuna salad recipe, though.

Breakfast--I like the eggs. You can even do a Mexican twist on it and use a low carb/cal tortilla shell and add some salsa. Breakfast burriotos are one of my favs, but I usually eat the for supper. LOL!
  • macylane4
    Options
    The chili sounds like a great meal, and great nutrition!! That should def be our dinner entree!
    And the lettuce wraps with tuna should be our lunch!!
    And lets do a mexican style egg white omelet for breakfast...maybe put the sausage of choice in the omelet, and have the side be some fresh fruit.
    Do you think we need to add some carbs in there somewhere? What about a healthy recipe for cornbread? Is there such a thing? That might go well with the chili?

What do ya'll think about adding a festive dessert? I know in the real biggest loser they always have a healthy dessert!
    Any ideas on that?!?!

Did ya'll see on skinnytaste.com the pumpkin banana bread with pumpkin spread??!?!? Oh my gosh sounds like 2 of my favorite breads rolled into 1!!!! I don't know if that would be good for the challenge, but I was just throwing that out there for you guys since the holdiays are right around the corner!!!!
  • backwardslant
    backwardslant Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I'm so impressed by all your great ideas!!! I definitely vote for the pumpkin chili. The breakfast omelet/scramble and fruit sounds great as well. And I still haven't come up with anything different for lunch, but I think lettuce wraps sound great.

I also think the dessert idea is an awesome one! I can't remember - are we *supposed* to have a snack and/or dessert in our menu? Or was it just the three meals? Even if just the three main meals, I think a dessert would be a nice touch. That pumpkin banana bread sounds really good! Or even something simple like mixing pumpkin and spices with some greek yogurt or something for a "pumpkin smoothie" or "pumpkin pudding."

I guess we need to put all the recipes together to come up with our calorie total and see if we need to add/subtract anything now?
  • AmazingStace
    Options
    How many snacks are we supposed to include? I know it's for a 1400 cal day, but I don't think there were specifics?

I'll take care of the info for the dinner with the chili, and I'll see if I can find a good recipe for cornbread that's healthy and low cal.

Anyone else want to tackle info for breakfast and lunch?

I also think a dessert is a good idea to add in. I'll browse skinnytaste. That pumpkin bread sounds really good!
  • rachdlew
    Options
    How many snacks are we supposed to include? I know it's for a 1400 cal day, but I don't think there were specifics?

I'll take care of the info for the dinner with the chili, and I'll see if I can find a good recipe for cornbread that's healthy and low cal.

I also think a dessert is a good idea to add in. I'll browse skinnytaste. That pumpkin bread sounds really good!
    Lunch Tuna wraps
    3 Lettuce Leaves
    1TBS of Kraft olive Oil Mayo
    2oz of Tuna or 1/4 cup
    diced white onion
    salt
    pepper
    Organic seasoning (Costco)
    For the whole meal it would be
    Calories 111, Carbs 4, Fat 5, Protien 14, Sodium 255, Potassium 140
  • rachdlew
    Options

Lunch Tuna wraps
    3 Lettuce Leaves
    2oz of Tuna or 1/4 cup
    diced white onion
    salt
    pepper
    For the whole meal it would be
    Calories 111, Carbs 4, Fat 5, Protien 14, Sodium 255, Potassium 140

OK I did a breakfast scramble like I eat it things can be changed.
    1 regular large egg- calories 70, carbs 0, Fat 9, Protein 6, Sodium 65
    1 egg white- calories 40, Carbs 0 Fat,0 Protein 10, Sodium 55
    1 tsp of butter- calories 51, Carbs 0, Fat 6, Protein 20, Sodium 1
    1 turkey sausage patty -calories 50, carbs 1, fat 2, protein 6, Sodiium 245
    1 tbls of Pico De Gallo- calories 13, carbs 3, fat 0, protein 1 sodium 3
    Fat Free Saour Cream- calories 15, carbs 3, fat 0, protein 1, sodium 30
    tomatoes
    green peppers
    Sargentos low fat shredded chedder cheese 1/8 of a cup - calories 40, carbs 0, fat 3, protein 4 sodium 90.

I do not use a wrap bcause even the low carb ones can still be pretty high in calories. I like to add Jalapeno on green chilies to the mixture this is higher in calories but I think breakfast should be high in calories and healthy. Let me know what you guys think I can make changes if you want me too just let me know what you guyss would like to see added or removed.
  • AmazingStace
    Options
    Those look good! I'm going to figure it all out now with calories and then I'll figure in snacks and maybe a dessert.
  • AmazingStace
    Options
    Okay, here's what I have so far:

Breakfast: Southwest Border Scramble

Ingredients:
    1 regular large egg
    1 egg white
    1 tsp of butter
    1 turkey sausage patty
    1 tbls of Pico De Gallo
    Fat Free Saour Cream
    diced tomato (add as much as you prefer)
    diced green pepper (add as much as you prefer)
    Sargentos low fat shredded chedder cheese 1/8 of a cup

Cook turkey sausage patty as directed on package and dice it up. Set aside. Scramble egg and egg whites with the 1 tsp of butter. Add in cooked sausage, tomatoes, green pepper. Top with sour cream, pico de gallo, and shredded cheese.

Calories: 279, Fat: 20, Carbs: 7, Protein: 48, Sodium: 489

_________________________________________________________________________________

Lunch: Tuna Wraps

Ingredients:

3 Lettuce Leaves
    2oz of Tuna or 1/4 cup
    diced white onion
    salt
    pepper

Mix together mayo, tuna, onion, salt and pepper, seasoning. Spoon onto lettuce leaves and serve as a wrap.

Nutrition:
    Calories: 111, Carbs: 4, Fat: 5, Protein: 14, Sodium: 255

Serve with 1/2 cup cottage cheese and a honey crisp apple.

Meal total Nutrition:
    Calories: 281, Carbs: 31, Fat: 8, Protein: 27, Sodium: 665

________________________________________________________________________________

Dinner: White Bean Pumpkin Chili

Ingredients:
    1.25 ground turkey
    1 medium onion, chopped
    2 cloves of garlic
    1 can Bush's reduced sodium Garbanzo beans
    1 can Bush's navy beans
    1 15oz can of pure pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling--just plain pureed pumpkin)
    1 can Swanson's reduced sodium chicken broth
    1 can Great Value great northern beans

Fry ground turkey. Add to a crockpot. Mix in remaining ingredients and cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 4-5 hours. Serve with Tostito's Baked Scoops. Makes nine 1 cup servings.

Chili Nutrition:
    Calories: 215, Carbs: 26, Fat: 5, Protein: 21, Sodium: 614

Total meal Nutrition:
    Calories: 335, Carbs: 48, Fat: 8, Protein: 23, Sodium: 754

____________________________________________________________________________

Mid-morning snack: 1 oz Almonds (~25 pieces), 1 medium stalk of celery

Nutrition:
    Calories: 175, Carbs: 9, Fat: 14, Protein: 7, Sodium: 81

_____________________________________________________________________________

Dessert: Pumpkin Banana Bread with Pumpkin Spice Cream Cheese

Ingredients:

Pam baking spray
    3/4 cup unbleached all purpose flour
    1/2 cup white whole wheat flour
    3/4 tsp baking soda
    1/2 tsp salt
    1 tsp cinnamon
    1 tsp pumpkin spice (or 1/2 tsp ground cloves, 1/2 tsp nutmeg)
    3 very ripe medium bananas, mashed
    1/2 cup pureed pumpkin
    2 tbsp butter, softened
    1/2 cup light brown sugar, unpacked
    1 large egg white
    1 large egg
    1 tsp vanilla extract
    1/4 cup chopped pecans

Preheat oven to 325°. Grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan with baking spray.
    In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, pumpkin spice and salt with a wire whisk. Set aside.

In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar with an electric mixer. Add egg whites, egg, bananas, pumpkin and vanilla, and beat at medium speed until thick. Scrape down sides of the bowl.
    Add flour mixture and nuts (if using), then blend at low speed until combined. Do not over mix.

Pour batter into loaf pan and bake on the center rack for 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.

Let the pan cool at least 20 minutes, bread should be room temperature before slicing.

Nutrition (1 slice, recipes makes 12 slices):
    Calories: 146.5, Carbs: 33.3, Fat: 2.7, Protein: 2.7

Pumpkin Spice Cream Cheese:

Ingredients:
    8 oz Philadelphia 1/3 fat cream cheese
    1/2 cup pureed pumpkin (canned is fine)
    1 tsp vanilla
    1 tsp cinnamon
    1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
    2 tbsp brown sugar

Combine all the ingredients in a medium bowl and beat until smooth. You can easily 1/4 or halve this recipe if you wish to make less.

Nutrition (serving size, 1 oz):
    Calories: 54, Carbs: 5.3, Fat: 3, Protein: 2.1
    ________________________________________________________________________________________________

So far that's 1270.5 calories, so we need to add some more in. Anyone have an idea for an afternoon snack? I have to get ready to go pick up my girls from Grandma's house, and then I'm headed to my parents house. I will be able to send the PM by 9. Hopefully someone will be able to help add a dessert/snack in order to fill out the rest of the calories for the menu. Also, if you see something that needs fixed/changed, please let me know. Thanks! =)
  • macylane4
    Options
    How about a slice of banana pumpkin bread with pumpkin spread?!? It should take us up there right about 1400 calories!
    The recipe is on skinny taste.com!

YAY our meals are semi festive!!!

I wish us all good luck! I am leaving for vacation early tomorrow morning, so I won't probably see the results until I get back!
    Good luck everybody!!!
  • backwardslant
    Options
    That looks awesome! Great ideas, everyone. And thanks to ArmyWife for putting all of it together!

Hmmm, my only other idea for a snack would be an apple with some unsalted almond butter (or peanut butter). But we have an apple already in the day - maybe some other fruit or veggie with the nut butter?

Or maybe some cut up veggies with roasted red pepper hummus?

Edited to add: or that pumpkin banana bread looks great also!
  • AmazingStace
    Options
    Okay, I added the pumpkin bread with cream cheese as a dessert and/or snack. However they'd like to eat it.

That brings us to 1270 cals. So how about an afternoon snack? I like the hummus. What kind of veggies with it??
  • backwardslant
    Options
    Okay, I added the pumpkin bread with cream cheese as a dessert and/or snack. However they'd like to eat it.

That brings us to 1270 cals. So how about an afternoon snack? I like the hummus. What kind of veggies with it??

I would go with either carrots, celery, sliced bell pepper, or some combination of those. :)
  • kritty123
    Options
    For what its worth, that sounds absolutely fantastic Stacey!! I want to eat ALL that right NOW!! **waits for a knock at the door to help prepare and someone to share it with BESIDES the hubby, who will eat it all ;o)**

Seriously my Mellow Yellows......its gonna be a fantasticly planned meal!! I'm keeping this when you are DONE!

For your hummus - I like to use celery or unsalted saltine crackers ;o) You can do radishes too!!
  • AmazingStace
    Options
    Okay, I'll use the peppers and carrots. Would cauliflower go well with hummus? I usually eat mine on a pita pocket.
  • AmazingStace
    Options
    FINAL MENU:

Breakfast: Southwest Border Scramble

Ingredients:
    1 regular large egg
    1 egg white
    1 tsp of butter
    1 turkey sausage patty
    1 tbls of Pico De Gallo
    Fat Free Saour Cream
    diced tomato (add as much as you prefer)
    diced green pepper (add as much as you prefer)
    Sargentos low fat shredded chedder cheese 1/8 of a cup

Cook turkey sausage patty as directed on package and dice it up. Set aside. Scramble egg and egg whites with the 1 tsp of butter. Add in cooked sausage, tomatoes, green pepper. Top with sour cream, pico de gallo, and shredded cheese.

Calories: 279, Carbs: 7, Fat: 20, Protein: 48, Sodium: 489

_________________________________________________________________________________

Mid-morning snack: 1 oz Almonds (~25 pieces), 1 medium stalk of celery

Nutrition:
    Calories: 175, Carbs: 9, Fat: 14, Protein: 7, Sodium: 81

_____________________________________________________________________________

Lunch: Tuna Wraps

Ingredients:

3 Lettuce Leaves
    2oz of Tuna or 1/4 cup
    diced white onion
    salt
    pepper

Mix together mayo, tuna, onion, salt and pepper, seasoning. Spoon onto lettuce leaves and serve as a wrap.

Nutrition:
    Calories: 111, Carbs: 4, Fat: 5, Protein: 14, Sodium: 255

Serve with 1/2 cup cottage cheese and a honey crisp apple.

Meal total Nutrition:
    Calories: 281, Carbs: 31, Fat: 8, Protein: 27, Sodium: 665

________________________________________________________________________________

Afternoon Snack: Athenos Roasted Red Pepper Hummus (2 tbsp) with sliced red pepper (1 cup) and cauliflower (1 cup)

Nutrition:
    Calories: 114, Carbs: 19, Fat: 3, Protein: 4, Sodium: 183

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Dinner: White Bean Pumpkin Chili

Ingredients:
    1.25 ground turkey
    1 medium onion, chopped
    2 cloves of garlic
    1 can Bush's reduced sodium Garbanzo beans
    1 can Bush's navy beans
    1 15oz can of pure pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling--just plain pureed pumpkin)
    1 can Swanson's reduced sodium chicken broth
    1 can Great Value great northern beans

Fry ground turkey. Add to a crockpot. Mix in remaining ingredients and cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 4-5 hours. Serve with Tostito's Baked Scoops. Makes nine 1 cup servings.

Chili Nutrition:
    Calories: 215, Carbs: 26, Fat: 5, Protein: 21, Sodium: 614

Total meal Nutrition:
    Calories: 335, Carbs: 48, Fat: 8, Protein: 23, Sodium: 754

____________________________________________________________________________

Dessert: Pumpkin Banana Bread with Pumpkin Spice Cream Cheese

Ingredients:

Pam baking spray
    3/4 cup unbleached all purpose flour
    1/2 cup white whole wheat flour
    3/4 tsp baking soda
    1/2 tsp salt
    1 tsp cinnamon
    1 tsp pumpkin spice (or 1/2 tsp ground cloves, 1/2 tsp nutmeg)
    3 very ripe medium bananas, mashed
    1/2 cup pureed pumpkin
    2 tbsp butter, softened
    1/2 cup light brown sugar, unpacked
    1 large egg white
    1 large egg
    1 tsp vanilla extract
    1/4 cup chopped pecans

Preheat oven to 325°. Grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan with baking spray.
    In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, pumpkin spice and salt with a wire whisk. Set aside.

In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar with an electric mixer. Add egg whites, egg, bananas, pumpkin and vanilla, and beat at medium speed until thick. Scrape down sides of the bowl.
    Add flour mixture and nuts (if using), then blend at low speed until combined. Do not over mix.

Pour batter into loaf pan and bake on the center rack for 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.

Let the pan cool at least 20 minutes, bread should be room temperature before slicing.

Nutrition (1 slice, recipes makes 12 slices):
    Calories: 146.5, Carbs: 33.3, Fat: 2.7, Protein: 2.7

Pumpkin Spice Cream Cheese:

Ingredients:
    8 oz Philadelphia 1/3 fat cream cheese
    1/2 cup pureed pumpkin (canned is fine)
    1 tsp vanilla
    1 tsp cinnamon
    1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
    2 tbsp brown sugar

Combine all the ingredients in a medium bowl and beat until smooth. You can easily 1/4 or halve this recipe if you wish to make less.

Nutrition (serving size, 1 oz):
    Calories: 54, Carbs: 5.3, Fat: 3, Protein: 2.1

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Daily Total, Calories: 1384.5

****If anyone has a chance, check this over and make sure it sounds okay with everyone. It's 7pm here, so I have 2 hours until I have to send it to Don/Tira. Let me know if I should make any changes. I'll give it about an hour before I send it in. Thanks!!
  • backwardslant
    Options
    I think it's sounds awesome! Thanks to everyone, and a great big thanks to Stacey (ArmyWife) for putting it all together for us!!! Go YELLOW/PURPLE teams!!! :)
  • rachdlew
    Options
    Armywife you are rockin my world girl you slapped that all together like a pro and those ideas were fantastic I think we got this. Now that our teams are merged would that make us a new cool color like Yellurple or Purllow :).