November Day by Day Challenge--OPEN GROUP!!!

Options

Replies

• pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options

Goals for November 7:
    1. Stay in my calorie goal and make HEALTHY food choices. --Yes.
    2. WATER!!! LOTS of it!--Better.
    3. 30 min. walk AM and PM. (Did a 15 minute walking video--will be walking again in a bit--this time outside!)--At least!

Having a hard time getting started today--must need some coffee!

Welcome to our new members! I'll try to get back here later.

Goals for November 8:
    1. Stay in my calorie goal and make HEALTHY food choices.
    2. WATER!!! LOTS of it!
    3. 30 min. walk AM and PM.
  • Zee48
    Zee48 Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    Day by Day - This challenge sounds like something I can accomplish and this group sounds awesome. Everything I have seen so far is encouraging and not spiteful or critical. I am new to MFP and hope that I am doing this posting correctly.

I am a 62yr young widow and I am trying to get my weight back off after falling head first into the food bucket after my brother, husband and sister passed away all in less than one year. I joined Weight Watchers June 2008, lost 45# in one year and made lifetime June 2009 but that is when the deaths started occurring. Finally one year later in May 2010 I started gaining and have just toyed with the weight, up & down and just can't seem to get my head on straight. I gained back 25# and know that can do it I just need to convince myself that I am worth it.

Please do not think I told this story for pity but thought it might help explain how I could let myself gain back 25# after working so hard to accomplish what I had.

My goals:
    1) Stay at or below my daily calories as specified by MFP by eating healthy foods
    2) Walk 2 - 3 times per week
    3) Stay on track by recording everything I eat or drink
    4) Get back in the size 6 jeans I have hanging in my closet
  • bluerose9483
    bluerose9483 Posts: 686 Member
    Options

Goals for Nov. 8
    1. Drink Water-Got 1 bottle in
    2. Finish Laundry-Nope
    3. 30 min. workout-Got 15 mins in

Goals for Nov. 9
    1. Drink water
    2. Workout at the gym
    3. Log everything
    4. Finish laundry
  • Zee48
    Options

I accomplished 3 of my goals for 11/07/2011 and in so doing am working toward #4:
    1) Stay at or below my daily calories as specified by MFP by eating healthy foods

11/08/2011 goals are a continuation of yesterday:
    4) Get back in the size 6 jeans I have hanging in my closet:flowerforyou:
  • jazzminx
    jazzminx Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Goals for Tuesday 11/8
    1. 52oz water (DONE)
    2. Exercise 45 minutes (DONE and then some)
    3. Search and print coupons (DONE)

Good day yesterday, got all my goals :D

Goals for Wednesday 11/9
    1. 52oz water
    2. Exercise 45 minutes
    3. No grazing at work tonight. If I do graze, only vegetables out of the salad bin

#3 will be the hard one. I work in a restaurant and bad food is just too readily available.
  • pmjsmom
    Options

Goals for November 8:
    2. WATER!!! LOTS of it!--Still working on this!
    3. 30 min. walk AM and PM.--Yes and yes!

Well, I didn't make it back here--my son came home with MW3 and we have an iffy internet connection (we are looking into a new one that is being offered in our area--finally!). We all stayed off the internet so he could play with his buddies. He works very hard and deserves the time!

Welcome, Zee. Believe me--I know how it is possible to put weight back on after working so hard at getting it off! I had lost 80 pounds and then a bout of depression set in and I managed to put a bunch back on. It WILL come off again!

Goals for November 9:
    2. WATER!!! LOTS of it!
  • lstnlondry
    lstnlondry Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    " Post 3 or more goals, fitness related or not, come back tomorrow to recap the day before. Then post 3 more goals for the day."

Yesterday my 3 goals were:
    1.Put away my Halloween stuff. (while listening to Christmas music)
    2. Hike & socialize my dog.
    3. make a nutritious dinner EARLY enough to have an after dinner walk.

I complete all 3 of these goals!! I admit, I'm not seeing a change in my scale & it's HARD to get dinner done before a walk but I am SOOOO THANKFUL FOR THIS DAY BY DAY CHALLENGE!! I'm getting small things accomplished here so I at least end & begin my day with a feeling of accomplishment. THANK YOU!

Today my 3 goals are:
    1. Get a handle on housework & laundry.
    2. Take my dog into a different area and then take her into PetSmart to buy treats.
    3. Figure out dinner earlier, get to the gym & come home in time to be off my feet by 7pm

I really hope to post first thing in the morning & set my goals for the day!!
    Hope everyone else did well!!
  • dianhathaway
    Options
    My november challenge - lose at least 1 lb per week!

1200 calories is not much! I find myself having to plan for extra exercise so I can eat even healthy snacks. Biggest challenge for me will be to say no to candy and cookies.
  • bluerose9483
    Options
    Goals for Nov. 9
    1. Drink water-got 4 -8 oz glasses in :happy: I'm 1/2 way there!
    2. Workout at the gym-Yes, 20 mins today!
    3. Log everything-Yes!
    4. Finish laundry-Yes, I was on a roll today! :happy:

Goals for Nov. 10
    1. Drink Water
    2. 30 min workout
    3. Continue healthy choices
  • sharpal
    sharpal Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm new to the community forums. Don't get on the computer much. I mostly get on MFP through my iPhone app. I've been a member for about a year but things didn't really click until about 3 months ago. I just don't like being told what to do even if the person telling me is me. Anyway with Halloween and illness last week was really hard. Trying to stay within my calorie limit this week.

Goals for Nov. 10
    1. Drink more water
    2. Drink less diet pop
    3. Get a 30 min run in
  • Zee48
    Options

I accomplished 3 of my goals for 11/07/2011 and in so doing am working toward #4:
    Thanks for the welcome.

Somehow I missed posting yesterday and did not even realize it until just now.

Tuesday I accomplished #1, 2, 3, 4. Yesterday I did accomplish goal #3, I went under caloric intake Tuesday by 150cals & over yesterday by 13cals so I didn't truly accomplish #1 goal, today is my 2nd walking day for the week, and in doing these I am heading for #4. I too need to add water to my list. I try to get in at least 64oz daily but need to really focus on that aspect as it is so very important. I also make sure I get in at least 2 tsp healthy oil daily.

11/08/2011 goals are a continuation of yesterday:
    4) Get back in the size 6 jeans I have hanging in my closet:flowerforyou:

Goals for 11/10/2011
    4) Concentrate on getting 64oz water.

Ultimate goal is 145# and get back in the size 6 jeans I have hanging in my closet
  • pmjsmom
    Options

Goals for November 9:
    1. Stay in my calorie goal and make HEALTHY food choices.--Yes.
    2. WATER!!! LOTS of it!--No.:grumble:
    3. 30 min. walk AM and PM.--Yes and Yes.

Water is still a HUGE struggle for me! Working on it, though!

Goals for November 10:
    2. WATER!!! LOTS of it!
  • lstnlondry
    Options
    " Post 3 or more goals, fitness related or not, come back tomorrow to recap the day before. Then post 3 more goals for the day."

1. Get a handle on housework & laundry.
    2. Take my dog into a different area and then take her into PetSmart to buy treats.
    3. Figure out dinner earlier, get to the gym & come home in time to be off my feet by 7pm

I completed all 3 of these goals!! This is such a relief! Am I actually making new habits? I am so thankful for this challenge!!

Today my 3 goals are:
    1. eat this avacado that has been sitting on my counter
    2. take 2 dogwalks (AM & PM)
    3. do some kind of work in my garage (clean up)

• jazzminx
    jazzminx Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Goals for Wednesday 11/9
    1. 52oz water (almost)
    2. Exercise 45 minutes (YAY)
    3. No grazing at work tonight. If I do graze, only vegetables out of the salad bin (mostly)

Whoops, didn't make it on yesterday. Didn't do the greatest Wed. but didn't do as bad as I could have.

Goals for Friday 11/11
    1. Put away the clean laundry
    2. No grazing at work tonight and pick a healthy dinner
    3. Day 2 of 30 Day Shred. I started it over and really want to finish the 30 days again
  • pmjsmom
    Options
    Goals for November 10:
    2. WATER!!! LOTS of it! --A bit better.
    3. 30 min. walk AM and PM.--Yes to the AM walk, no to the PM one.

We are supposed to have very strong winds this morning--probably caused by the big storm in the Alaska area--so I don't know if we'll get outside. Don't want the little guy to get blown away!

Do we want to move this to the new Groups section? I honestly don't want to as I think that will make it harder for others to join in if they want to. The group posts don't show up in the Recent Posts list and I know that's how I found this thread. What do the rest of you think?

Goals for November 11:
    2. WATER!!!
  • lstnlondry
    Options

1. eat this avacado that has been sitting on my counter (HALF is done!)
    2. take 2 dogwalks (AM & PM) (DONE!)
    3. do some kind of work in my garage (clean up) (did 3 things in my garage!)

I completed all 3 of these goals!! This is such a relief! Am I actually making new habits? I am so thankful for this challenge!!

Today my 3 goals are:
    1.to get a great hike in this morning and socialize my dog.
    2.to eat the best I can during the day, pack the best snacks I can & survive bus ride & football game tonight.
    3. To avoid the "Oh it's the weekend" throw-in-the-towel mentality!!

• wlovelace1367
    Options
    Hi, My name is Whitney. I am 20 years old and weigh so much more than I would like to. My goal is to get down to 135 pounds. Currently, I weigh 214. I know I need to make smaller goals and to reach my main one, but I am having so much trouble staying on track with my diet and everything and keeping track of everything. I know keeping track works because earlier this year I weighed 221 pounds and lost down to 207 by keeping up with everything. When I stopped, it all came back. Can someone PLEASE MOTIVATE ME to continue doing this? Being called "that FAT girl" because someone does not know my name hurts, but I guess it is true. I need help on what to do!
  • bluerose9483
    Options
    Goals for Nov. 10
    1. Drink Water-Had 6 glasses
    2. 30 min workout-Nope
    3. Continue healthy choices-Yes

Goals for today, Nov. 11
    1. Clean
    2. Don't stress out about things
    3. Movie night with the kiddos
  • littlelily76
    littlelily76 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I am looking for support as I try to lose the remaining 25! pounds of baby weight (she's ten months now). I really struggle with the concept of counting calories and want to believe that it isnt necessary to lose weight. I am a big believer in listening to your body for clues on what and how much to eat. But, this has not been working for me. I seriously feel like I am spinning my wheels and I am tired of 'trying to lose weight' haphazardly.

My goals for today:
    1. Stay under my calorie goal
    2. Go for 30 minute walk
    3. Drink 8 glasses of water
    4. Find my hunger

My short term goal is to get to 185 (I am now around 192). Long term goal is 170 again:)
  • pmjsmom
    Options

Goals for November 11:
    1. Stay in my calorie goal and make HEALTHY food choices. --Did well for Pizza night!
    2. WATER!!! --Okay.
    3. 30 min. walk AM and PM.--No and no.

Today will be a challenge. We are going to my brother's house and so I will not have any control over the food--I WILL, however, have control over my portions and that is what I will focus on!

The weather is bad and I don't know if there will be time for a video so, again, PORTION CONTROL!

Welcome, Whitney and littlelily.:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: This is really good for small daily goals and to change your habits. It helps for me to focus on just a couple small things. (If I look at what my ultimate goal is I tend to get discouraged.)

Goals for November 12:
    2. WATER!!!
    3. PORTION CONTROL.