Pissed Co-worker

Options
2»

Replies

• BrandyRelaxing
    BrandyRelaxing Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    My best suggestion would be to explain that you're working on eating healthier and that you really appreciate that she thought of you, but that you can't accept it, or it would cause problems in your healthy eating. I find most of my co-workers are very understanding, and after I explain it, that it's me not them, that they stop offering me chocolate! lol
  • Jeanetta10
    Jeanetta10 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I think you did the right thing. Accepting it and throwing it out would have worked as well. Your co-worker is a bit of a kook for buying everyone some crappy fast food apple pie anyway. Geez, I wouldn't want it if I weren't watching my weight! YUK!
  • omgzstef
    omgzstef Posts: 157
    Options
    You did exactly as you were supposed to. Good job for staying strong!
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Hmm it all depends on context. Is she bigger than you? Smaller than you? If she also has weight to lose she probably took your rejection of her offering as being holier than thou and as looking down on her choices. No, it's not rational, it's not right, but that's how some people work. If she's normal weight or smaller than you then she's just a nasty person IMO. I would always be understanding of someone wanting to better themselves. I would not NOT offer the item to any specific person (because then they'd wonder why you didn't offer it to THEM) but certainly wouldn't get upset over it.

Let me say you did nothing wrong. But keeping in mind that you work together, for the sake of a peaceful work environment I would have either accepted it (and promptly trashed it or discretely give it to someone else), or would have made up a legit excuse (allergies, etc). Don't wanna rock the boat at work.
  • KelleFlr
    KelleFlr Posts: 142
    Options
    I have been offered treats lately and have turned them down politely acknowledging that I have to be careful what I eat... if they ask further I explain... so far everyone has been very gracious that I politely decline.
    I agree I think the coworker is over reacting. If this is someone you have to work with often and you are surprised by her reaction you could maybe find a way to speak with her in private about it if it bothers you that much. Otherwise, I'd just let it go, her issue not yours.
  • bellawares
    bellawares Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Why do you have to "nicely" thank her for something you did not ask for or want. :noway: If she's pissed than maybe she should have asked everyone if they wanted something from KFC in the first place.

Just my opinion . . .

MY SIGNATURE . . . .

YUP . . . . this will be on everyone of my posts. Providing I remember to add the darn thing. :laugh:

NOVEMBER CHALLENGE - Fight with Five for Thanksgiving (lose 5 pounds in November to fight the gain that might happen Thanksgiving week.)

Official SW - 1st day back in the gym! (12/02/10) - 380 lbs
    SW - 1st day on MFP (09/17/11 - 317 lbs
    1st Goal - Christmas Challenge 2011 - 290 lbs

GW - 150 lbs
  • vaughny
    vaughny Posts: 145
    Options
    you did the right thing don't apologize to her maybe she will forget about it over the weekend
  • Painten
    Painten Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I don't think you could have done anything else really. You were polite and she didn't ask if you wanted it so really she shouldn't be *****y about it.

I personally don't think you can always put things down to insecurities. Just because we on this site are trying to improve things about ourselves doesn't mean everyone secretly wants to do the same. I've been known to go and buy chocolate bars and without asking bought some for friends too if i was on the way somewhere. I never did this because i wanted my friends to be fat or wanted them to put crap inside them. It never even occurred to me. It was just i thought they'd like them and i was feeling generous. I wouldn't however have gotten mean if someone had turned around and said no thanks. I don't know why the majority of people think the worst of everyone doing everything.
  • CoraGregoryCPA
    CoraGregoryCPA Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    Sometimes it's just easier to accept it .. punch a fork in it a couple of times then say I"M STUFFED and throw it away! Other people are weird!!!! Get mad? -she is PSYCHO!!
  • CoraGregoryCPA
    CoraGregoryCPA Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    she is pissed at herself for not having the willpower to resist buying them in the first place and jealous of you for doing it! just keep that in mind the next time you see her and you will smile instead of worrying about her being pissed off!

I TOTALLY AGREE WITH THIS!!!!!
  • carolebville
    carolebville Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Just had to look this up for you..... You did the right thing. If you're on a 2000-2500 calorie goal per day...then 1 little piece of pie has no value to your goals!

Kfc - Apple Pie
    Servings: 1 pie
    Calories 250 Sodium 15 mg
    Total Fat 12 g Potassium 0 mg
    Saturated 3 g Total Carbs 33 g
    Polyunsaturated 0 g Dietary Fiber 2 g
    Monounsaturated 0 g Sugars 12 g
    Trans 0 g Protein 2 g
    Cholesterol 0 mg
    Vitamin A 0% Calcium 0%
    Vitamin C 0% Iron 0
  • AlissaB87
    Options
    Thank you guys for all your advice!

She does know im watching what I eat, we talk about it all the time. Im 24 and shes like 53...So I just dont know what her issue is...And to see that it is 250 cals was crazy. Im on a 1000-1300 cal diet so that would of deff. ruined my night haha
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    It was a nice gesture so don't go all biotch on her. I'd have accepted then thrown it out, but sounds like you handled it well.
  • Scorpioangel
    Scorpioangel Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Take it and throw it away she wil never knwo the difference

LOL I have done that!
  • Jessica68
    Jessica68 Posts: 2,419 Member
    Options
    Here's is clearly the proper technique for handling this:

First, make sure you make eye contact and smile. Next, reach out your hand for the apple pie. As your hand approaches the apple pie, I'd like you to reach up and SLAP THE *kitten* OUT THAT TRIFLIN' *kitten*.

As she reels back from the blow, lift your adjacent leg and proceed to rip the loudest fart you possiby can.

Then, please eat the pie. Slappin' hos burned lots of calories, you earned it baby.

I think you handled it fine, haters gonna hate).

TOOO FUNNY!!!!!!
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    I think she bought apple pies for the rest of you because she wanted to validate that her desire to consume processed, junky crap was ok. When you rejected it she probably took it as validation that it really wasn't. lol.

I have a coworker that does this every day, and I've confronted her on it. She admitted it, and I still eat the crap she brings me.

However, I'm getting better about it. The other day, she left some candy on my desk. I said thanks. I put it in my drawer. I gave half of it away later the next day. The other half is still uneaten.

Today's treat was brownies. She made them herself. She was feeling sad that no one was eating any. I went and got a piece. I picked at it. It took me ALL DAY to eat it, because I didn't really want it. At the end of the day, she had lots left. They really were good brownies, so I took a few home to my husband, who is enjoying them very much.

So, if I won't eat her food, I'll find people who will. She wants other people to eat with her so she doesn't look like a glutton. I don't want to eat like that anymore, but maybe I can find some friends for her to eat with so I can get out of it. :flowerforyou:
  • jewels68
    Options
    Great job. I gave into a Root Beer Float. My whole day went downt the drain.