How many lbs do you loose before changing clothes size?

Options

Replies

• sweetxsour35
    Options
    I had size 10 pants in my closet already so I didn't have to go out and buy new ones when size 12 was too big! But now that they are getting baggier on me, I think I'll wait til they begin falling off LOL. I always keep my belts updated though, those are important.
  • yummummum
    Options
    I have lost 23.5 pounds and have recently purged all of my old bigger clothes. I feel they drag me down and make me look bigger then I am now. I went from a tight size 12/14 to a 10. Large shirts to mediums.

I don't have a lot of money to spend so I went to goodwill and marshalls and spent under $100 a new wardrobe for work that will get me through. I got 2 really nice designer skirts at goodwill! Kinda yuck to search in there but you can find some nice things!

Some work friends are having a clothing swap soon! I am looking forward to it! Everyone brings clothes they no longer want and swaps!

My ultimate goal is a pair of pricey designer jeans. I am waiting until I reach my goal to purchase them!
  • llkilgore
    llkilgore Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    The lower my weight dropped, the fewer pounds there were between sizes - at least for pants. It took me more than 20 pounds to go from size 14 pants to size 12s and less than10 pounds to go from 6s to 4s. Tops were different. From start to finish - 55 pounds lost - I've dropped only from large or size 12-14 to medium or size 8-10, which is the evidently the lower limit for my frame. I can wear some smalls now, but generally not, and I haven't shrunk out of any of the medium tops I've bought since starting the diet.
  • TheBraveryLover
    TheBraveryLover Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    I can only tell you my experience through dress size since that's all I wear. I went from a size 20 to a size 14 after 56 pounds.
  • Lozzy_82
    Lozzy_82 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    For me it's around 20lbs per size so far.
  • vanessaclarkgbr
    vanessaclarkgbr Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    I was around 30, getting really fed up - but I then went to the next size down again within 10lbs I'd say. Just initially not losing around my middle so not dropping a size!

I'd buy eBay/supermarket/sale clothes to keep the cost down if you know you won't be wearing it for long! Congrats on the loss :-)
  • fitplease
    fitplease Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    About 17 lbs. when the next size starts to fit on the tight side. I think at 20 lbs. lost, I can start to wear the next size down again.
  • kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I do think everyone is different and also it's different for men than women.

I have lost about 4" from my waist and all my old FAT trousers are now too big for me, even with a tighter belt. I had some smaller sized trousers in the wardrobe, so I did have a fall-back, although I've since bought two new pairs of stretch jeans in a slighter smaller size so that they will do me now and later on. Once the 40" jeans get baggy, I'll start buying 36" trousers, but don't think I'll need to buy anything in between (hopefully... but I do like clothes shopping :laugh:)

My XXL shirts are now lice and loose fitting (the XXL's have been sent to charity). I don't intend to buy any new shirts until I get down to a comfortable L. We have some XL shirts (my old ones) that I can re-appropriate. I have even bought a couple of L shirts in the sales (smaller copies of ones I have now in XXL) because I know I WILL fit into them one day soon. :bigsmile:
  • Essexgirly
    Options
    When i was 252 lb i was wearing a UK size 24, i have now lost 100 lbs and now weigh 152lb and am wearing a size 12 or 14, depending on where you buy the clothes from! I've gone now 6 clothes sizes so i guess that average out going down a clothes size every 16lbs or so!
    I have to say, there is really no better feeling than being able to go into any shop to buy clothes without feeling the assistants are looking at you and thinking 'why is she in here, she wont fit into our clothes'!
  • Georganna1962
    Options
    We have some great resale shops in the area and I am trading in my larger clothes and keeping the store credits to get smaller clothes until I reach my ultimate goal and then look out mall ---for me 20 pounds = 1 size down. :drinker:
  • itontae
    itontae Posts: 138 Member
    Options
  • MsFreeman
    Options
    Okay....I've lost 40lbs to date and I am still WEARING my same ole clothes. Granted I havent tried any smaller sizes but my regular clothes are loose but not baggy as many say here. Geesh! Maybe its because I am extremely heavy still.
  • Leviram
    Options
    Ok Thunder thighs here! I have lost 17lbs and my pants are really lose on the waist but my thighs are still a little snug in there....LOL! I have no belly yay! But really annoying that I can't wear smaller pants yet.
  • crullmd
    crullmd Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I have lost 26 and am just now noticing a difference in the way stuff is fitting, but the kids are saying my face and legs are where they are noticing most of the difference. :)
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    Pretty sure I won't see the next dress size down until I'm down around 40-50 lbs myself (based on previously being that weight and the size I wore)

I blame this on my chest, hips/thighs and large frame :(
  • meeksie
    meeksie Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've lost around 70lbs (31.8kg). I used to wear size 16 pants and I'm down to 8/10. I also used to wear size XXL in womens shirts (XL in mens) and now I wear a S in women's shirts. As for dress sizes...well...when I ordered a gown, it was a size 16 womens (larger sizes). Since I've lost all this weight, I'm down to a 12 average(smaller than womens sizes)

I've heard many people say that for a dress size, it's typically 10-15lbs to drop a size or so. At the present time, for my pants size, it's an average of 11lbs per pant size.
  • Puffingmuffin
    Puffingmuffin Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Since I'm not very big, I need to lose 6-7kg (15 pounds) to drop a size (I'm US 4-6 or UK 8-10). It's really hard to make your waist smaller.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    I try to wait as long as possible before sizing down. I have lost 38 kg (84 pounds) and sized down from size 26 to size 22, then again from size 22 to size 18. I'm currently between sizes (16/18) and my next size down should be to 14.
  • sharonpink
    sharonpink Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    For me its 20 or so pounds before going down a size.
  • aedreana
    aedreana Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    Impossible to say a set number of pounds= one size. For example, you might lose the first 15 pounds mostly in your upper body, and your jeans size remains the same. Or, you could lose a localized fat deposit, a roll, a bulge, and drop a size with less than ten pounds lost.