All girls 5'1" .... please post pics and journey success sto

Options
Hey there,
I just recently started using MFP again and am 5'1" . I see all the wonderful success stories but I am in desperate need of motiviation. I need to know that it is possible for a girl weighing 195 lbs at my height can lose the weight and still look awesome!! Thanks in advance!! :happy:

Replies

• sarahtroupe
    Options
    Hi I am 5'1:)
  • crystalinda
    crystalinda Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Hey there,
    I just recently started using MFP again and am 5'1" . I see all the wonderful success stories but I am in desperate need of motiviation. I need to know that it is possible for a girl weighing 195 lbs at my height can lose the weight and still look awesome!! Thanks in advance!! :happy:

Its doable. It may take time but you will get there as long as you keep at it. I get frustrated a lot too, I've lost 20 pounds since May and I often felt like it wasn't coming off fast enough but I kept at it and I'm still not at my lightest but I am at my smallest.

I'm 5'2"

BEFORE:

Beforecrys1.jpg

AFTER

IMG_0443.jpg
  • tschmelzer
    Options
    Hey there,

Hi there!!! I am 5' 2". For us little short people a little weight makes a big difference. So you will see the changes as you go :) It is doable you just have to be persistent :)
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,366 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1.5" :bigsmile:

My pics in my profile are all afters. I've lost 38LB I think? I don't have any pics of myself at my heaviest, but I assure you that you can do this! And you can still look great.

I lied...
    this is me at 143 probably compared to at 133
    100_6980.jpg4868132_2943.jpg

And this too. I couldn't close that shirt up so I wore a tank top under it. Now it buttons comfortably and I can pull those shorts off without unbuttoning them! I don't have a pic in that, but here's a recent one of me so you can compare the size of my legs LOL
    100_6960.jpg100_8589.jpg
  • MoooveOverFluffy
    MoooveOverFluffy Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I don't have any pics to post, but i'm 5'2 and i have lost 11 pounds since August 16th. I've fallen off the wagon at least twice. But when i stay under calories AND exercise 3-5x per week, i can see and FEEL results. I'm okay with taking it slow because i think the results will be better that way. Last December i weighed 171 and i'm at 152 now.......
  • DANIELLALMANZAR
    Options
    :flowerforyou: THANKS LADIES!!
  • MichelleLydia
    MichelleLydia Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm 5'2 and started out at 195! I just posted my before and during pics today... down to 142 on this thread here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/393010-before-and-during-pics
  • peacheshka
    peacheshka Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I just started like ten days ago I have lost 7 lbs. First few were probably water weight but feel a difference. Starting to see a little change. Crazy how 5 lbs on us short girls looks like twenty! I'm only 5 FT!
  • greenhumanclay
    greenhumanclay Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I started with MFP at 172 at 5' 0 shorter than most people. Highest weight was 177lb as of this Tuesday I am 127lbs with a goal weight of 120 and UGW 115 and reassess as I get to my goals but it is definitely achievable, I'm not a fan of quick results they don't last long, good luck in your journey it is life changing add me if you'd like I hardly have shorty friends on here lol!!
  • Learnin2LuvMe
    Learnin2LuvMe Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Hey there! Im 5'1 and started my journey at 242,and am down to 185,been doing it since Jan of this yr. My goal is to get a lil under 150,but you can do it,if I can for sure! I have my before pics on my profile pics,you can see the difference! But you got this girl,n you are more than welcome to add me as a friend! Good luck on your journey:)
  • Moonbyebye
    Moonbyebye Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Hey there,

Its doable. It may take time but you will get there as long as you keep at it. I get frustrated a lot too, I've lost 20 pounds since May and I often felt like it wasn't coming off fast enough but I kept at it and I'm still not at my lightest but I am at my smallest.

I'm 5'2"

BEFORE:

Beforecrys1.jpg

AFTER

IMG_0443.jpg

You look incredible!
  • estrellita26
    estrellita26 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Great work ladies.... bump..
  • pegm
    pegm Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    You can do it! I'm 5'2" and 42 yrs old. It took me 2 years.

132656_4563.jpg

132656_4735.jpg
  • wish21
    wish21 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1.5" :bigsmile:

My pics in my profile are all afters. I've lost 38LB I think? I don't have any pics of myself at my heaviest, but I assure you that you can do this! And you can still look great.

I lied...
    this is me at 143 probably compared to at 133
    100_6980.jpg4868132_2943.jpg

And this too. I couldn't close that shirt up so I wore a tank top under it. Now it buttons comfortably and I can pull those shorts off without unbuttoning them! I don't have a pic in that, but here's a recent one of me so you can compare the size of my legs LOL
    100_6960.jpg100_8589.jpg

LOVE those shorts! Congrats on your weightloss!
  • lloydmel
    lloydmel Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1.5" ... I've lost 24 pounds since May but about 35 pounds overall....
    Here's some of mine :) I haven't updated my after pics in about a month or so, but I have lost some more inches since the last was taken :)
    April-Oct2011.jpg
    sameshirtbeforeandafter.jpg
  • lloydmel
    lloydmel Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    oh, and that last picture (the one on the bottom right was taken October 13th)
  • bee_grrl
    bee_grrl Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    It's def possible! You have to really want it. Like real bad! Stick with your goals and you will get there =) Im 5'2. Here is my before & current. Started in June and my before was taken in May at a size 22. Current was taken yesterday. Size 14. Still far away from goal but I will get there soon enough. Best of luck to you! :flowerforyou:

35lbsdownnov.jpg
  • annemckee
    annemckee Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Hi. I am 5'1 and also 55 years old! I started losing in July and joined MFP around October. I have lost 18lbs in total. I have also taken up exercise again. I am estimating another year to lose another 30lbs. Not yet worked out how to post pictures. It seems unnecessarily complicated, but maybe I'll get my head round it soon!
  • mehapp
    mehapp Posts: 132
    Options
    Wow! You ladies are all such an inspiration.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!