Do your thighs rub together?

Options

Replies

• Caerthilian
    Caerthilian Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    It's just great that so many of us have the same problem and to know we're not alone - yay, go MFP. How many other people are there in your life you could discuss this problem with?!

It's in the hot weather when it bugs me, wearing summer dresses. It can be so painful, though talcum powder helps. It was never a problem when I was 50lbs. lighter, even though my thighs still touched then.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    Mine do...I wear size 8 (US) right now. When I was a size 6 they still rubbed together. I hope that when I reach my goal of a size 2 they won't rub together anymore.

I even wear spandex shorts under skirts sometimes, because I get a rash when my thighs rub together when I am wearing a skirt or a dress. :blushing:
  • asyouseefit
    asyouseefit Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    I don't have a leg gap and will never do. A few years ago, I was 112 lbs and 5"5 and my thighs were still touching! I think it's a question of body type.
  • lovelyl0ve
    lovelyl0ve Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm a size 0, and my thighs still rub together. It's really just the way your body is built. If you have wide hips it's possible to have thighs that don't touch, but if you have narrow hips, you can be the absolute lowest healthy weight, and still have thighs that touch. It doesn't mean you aren't skinny, don't worry about it. :) (Even when I as 10 pounds underweight, 105 at 5'6", and smaller than a 00, my thighs still touched).
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Mine do...I wear size 8 (US) right now. When I was a size 6 they still rubbed together. I hope that when I reach my goal of a size 2 they won't rub together anymore.

I even wear spandex shorts under skirts sometimes, because I get a rash when my thighs rub together when I am wearing a skirt or a dress. :blushing:

Me too. Control top pantyhose seem to work well for this too. :frown:
  • couponfun
    couponfun Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    Mine have rubbed for a long time, so I can try and share what I've done to help me. I don't have a lot of money so I have ONE (yes one) pair of jeans. That I literally wear every day. They're $25 jeans. I've worn them like this for over a year and they're just NOW getting a bit thin.

1. I have shapewear that goes down to the upper thigh, so this helps in cutting the friction.

2. On hot days, I use baby lotion between the thighs, let it dry, then get dressed.

3. (Did this with my husband's slacks) I take a piece of fabric - usually a satin or something else lightweight and smooth - and reinforce the crotch with it. Follow the natural seam of the jean. Works rather well. *hand sew, not machine. you don't want to take the jean apart.

4. In the winter I use the very thin thermal pants (in buffalo) and that helps cut down.

HTH - not workout solutions but at least it'll help with the clothing. :smile:
  • Yakisoba
    Yakisoba Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    O_O I'm not the only one. Yes!

No, really. My jeans get eaten by my thighs monthly.
  • xamyxx
    xamyxx Posts: 30
    Options
    when i was a uk 8-10 my thighs still met lol im a size 12 atm and even though they meet im not botherd just would be nice to slim them a bit lol
  • pauline251
    pauline251 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure most women's thighs do. If I do happen to notice someones thighs not touching, they usually look significantly underweight.

LOL, i have a big gap between my thighs when i put my feet together, my thighs never rub together when i walk. i'm definately not underweight. I'm 1.62, 56kg, BMI 21.3
  • NaomiWhite77
    NaomiWhite77 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Not really meaning to plug a product or anything, but if you need to wear a skirt or something, and you chafe a bit, Monastat makes a WONDERFUL powder/gel that you can get in the feminine product area. It goes on very smoothly, and it smells like baby powder, and it provides HOURS of no chafing. You don't need to use much (thankful, too, since the tube is about $5, and it's not very big), and it's kept me from getting the chafing/razor burn pains from when I would wear a skirt.

Very true I used this during the Susan G Koman 3-day Breast Cancer walk. It's great. My thighs touch a little, but it use to be much worst. Running and squats helped me.
  • cppeace
    cppeace Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    my mom is an itty bitty 114 lbs person and her thighs rub together I weight 235 and mine seem to rub less than hers. Mine do rub though. I always figured my high arch walk on the sides of my feet walking pattern attributed to less rubbing. Id rather have more thigh rubbing. My feet kill me andgo through loads of shoes. :(
  • HealthyJess88
    HealthyJess88 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I stopped wearing pants for a while, and now that I'm a bit smaller I'm wearing them again, but for ages I just wore plus size tights with dresses because pants just weren't working for me. The thighs still rub together but less than they used to - maybe it's just time and perseverance!
  • HealthyJess88
    Options
    Oddly enough..they did when I was 12-14...but as my hips widened and I matured..they still rubbed a bit but not enough to make holes in my pants. OMG..I remember going though a lot of jeans in the young teen years though!! I am 160 pounds now, and they do not rub..and I have large thighs..I think it's more about hips than thighs. Wider hips means less likely to rub.

Ahh this may explain it as well! When I was 14-17 it happened allllllll the time
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    my thighs dont rub , and i dont think they did apart from when i was about 4 stone heavier. Its just not my shape. Sounds here like im the weird one. My pelvis is quite wide though, which is probably why
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    Until I found this message board several months ago, I thought I was alone in this problem. Since I was a tenn, I'd get painful sores and rashes in my inner thighs and I'd walk holes in my pants. It's something I've felt humiliated about my entire life.

At this point, my thighs still touch (~19" around) but they no longer chafe. I've lost ~5" off my thighs and am a US 6/8.
  • HealthyJess88
    Options

Me too. Control top pantyhose seem to work well for this too. :frown:

I DO THIS TOO!! I have both spandex pants and control top pantihose, used to confuse the hell out of my ex-bf when he discovered the spandex. He'd be like, "what's the point? They're in the way!" - how does one explain (especially to the man you're trying to attract) the chafing and the discomfort of going without them?!
  • I really hate it but i find running is help trim them :) x
  • ktdid626
    ktdid626 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I have this problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My belly has never been my issue. It's a bit more padded right now, but I was born with an hourglass shape. I've always had a waist line. I seem (to me) to keep 70% of my body weight on my butt and thighs. Why are thighs the hardest place to loose weight, and what is the best strategy for this area to slim down?

I have love for my booty, and the guys do too. I just want it to fit into some 10's in the next 12 months instead of my 18/16's.
  • kittuk86
    kittuk86 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Naive me used to think that i wear my jeans very often & its getting holes in them from OVER USE!!!! LMAO!