Friend requests

Options
13»

Replies

• Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    In all fairness though....VERY FEW of us REALLY know eachother (like, met in person), so do we need to be THAT picky? As long as somebody is offering to help support you, why fight it?

Because not everybody has send FR's with the intention of being nice and being supportive. There have been creeps and oddballs lurking around in the past.
  • Pretty_Pain
    Pretty_Pain Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    In all fairness though....VERY FEW of us REALLY know eachother (like, met in person), so do we need to be THAT picky? As long as somebody is offering to help support you, why fight it?

That is exactly why a message is important - how on earth do you know they are offering to support you if they do do not take the actual time to send you a message???

My take on it is that if they can not be fussed to send me a message they will most probably also not be fussed to actually be a supportive friend either.......

Personally - no message it is automatically the "decline" button - I do not even stress about it.

i totally agree, if you cant take the time for a short message, why would i think your going to be supportive.
    And i have met a few friends in real life that are awesome and ik several more on my list that i would love to meet.... because i have had the opportunity to get to know them on here...my friends here are my biggest supporter, but also the first to keep me honest!! im very thankful to all my friends, they arfe the best!!
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    It's a catch 22. I don't accept FR's from people without a message, but if they include a message and it comes across as creepy or I do a "background check" and people tell me not to accept, I'm all about the decline button.

You really can't win with me :noway:

I've already won you :-P
  • ProudDaddy
    ProudDaddy Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Dont complain about it..Just hit the decline button. They will get the message.
  • l00zrr
    l00zrr Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I like to tell women that they have a perty mouth... if they accept I know we'll get along. Cuz I'm a creeper

LOLOL. That made my day.

In all seriousness, I accept people with or without a message.
    If they end up creeper-like, delete works. Like many others here have said.
    If you DO send a message, I'll like you (:
  • betylpz01
    betylpz01 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I've sent FR without messages plenty of times. If the person doesn't accept the request then it's their loss. I support my mfp family everyday and genuinely feel happy for my mfp brother or sister when they reach a goal . Personally I prefer not to see T&A pics or Vulgarity on my wall , but when it does happen I just hit the delete button. I go my way and they go theirs . No need to be dramatic about adding or deleting friends. If someone doesn't accept my friend request just because I didn't send an essay along with it that's Kool. It's probably better that way. I'm just a chill type of gal who is more than happy to cheer and encourage my mfp family (they are wonderful and supportive right back).