Anyone else have trouble sleeping

Replies

• Football_N_Guns
    Football_N_Guns Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Every night
  • CamiXiomara
    Options
    I am in the same boat. I'm sleepy, but I can't sleep.
  • Susan0816
    Susan0816 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    me too, and I take sleeping pills!
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    It's my dumb brain. Once head hits pillow, it decides it wants to think about EVERYTHING.
  • Alacey88
    Alacey88 Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    It's my dumb brain. Once head hits pillow, it decides it wants to think about EVERYTHING.

^^^this is so me!!!

Once I hit that pillow it start thinking what I should do the next day!!!
  • cschu544
    cschu544 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    im up too
  • Rain_Howard
    Options

I had this problem for years. Actually up until a couple months ago when I started practicing Zen meditation. Now I find it much easier to sleep. If I have issues and my mind starts to speed away I start meditating while laying down. It helps immensely.
  • skierxjes
    skierxjes Posts: 938 Member
    Options

Yep.
  • mutt12345
    Options
    any suggestions
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Meditation is a great suggestion. It has helped me also.

In the supplement department, Rescue Sleep from GNC has really been a godsend on all but the worst nights.

Both suggestions assume that your mind is ruminating, as myself and many others clearly have experienced.

If not, try melatonin :) it rocks.
  • thop123
    thop123 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. I watch a movie every night. But its only a movie that I've seen a million times, then I can fall asleep without having to finish it. I listen to it and then I cant think so much. And if I do start thinking I just turn it up a bit. I'm a nerd so I watch Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings (which is especially good because its so long) I actually watch 15mins of the movie then turn over and fall asleep. The next night I skip the last 15mins I watched and do it again. It really works, some of my friends have started using it too. Give it a shot.
  • sunnyzephyr
    Options
    I have had trouble sleeping my whole life. I got over for a few years only to live in the college dorms and get it back. Certain things that have helped me: melatonin, getting a good amount of exercise during the day, waking up earlier, and it may sounds silly, but I found an app on my iPhone called "relax and sleep well." It is a 30 minute recording of this guy talking you into a deep relaxation. Like I said, it sounds silly, but it really worked for me. There are also little tricks like lavender lotion and pillow spray, but those don't normally have a big effect. Oh, and DON'T EAT LATE AT NIGHT! Gets me every time. And if you do, take a walk or something to get your digestive system working before you lay down for 8+ hours.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Buy melatonin.
    Lowest dose possible.
    Start taking it 2 hours before you try to sleep.

Also

Dim the lights 1 hour before you try to sleep and exchange your computer/tv/ipod touch/gameboy/psp for a book.
  • Rain_Howard
    Options
    I have had trouble sleeping my whole life. I got over for a few years only to live in the college dorms and get it back. Certain things that have helped me: melatonin, getting a good amount of exercise during the day, waking up earlier, and it may sounds silly, but I found an app on my iPhone called "relax and sleep well." It is a 30 minute recording of this guy talking you into a deep relaxation. Like I said, it sounds silly, but it really worked for me. There are also little tricks like lavender lotion and pillow spray, but those don't normally have a big effect. Oh, and DON'T EAT LATE AT NIGHT! Gets me every time. And if you do, take a walk or something to get your digestive system working before you lay down for 8+ hours.

On that same line, if you look on youtube under meditation or tai chi music you will find some very very relaxing stuff that may help you sleep. Or if you're feeling lazy go to my youtube page and look in the playlists for mediation
    http://www.youtube.com/user/FredFreakinFlinstone
  • lynxcoco
    lynxcoco Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Celestial Sleepy Time tea helps
  • MIssFinny
    MIssFinny Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I'm actually not experiencing insomnia as of late, but just a few weeks ago I was having a hell of time getting any sleep. I tried many things but what seemed to do the trick was the yogi brand bedtime tea! Good luck!
  • jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    Options
    on those rare nights it makes me insane, I have a glass of wine. they make little 4-paks now and half a glass usually does it for me, so you don't have to crack a whole bottle for a couple of mouthfuls.
  • odettedancing
    odettedancing Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I sometimes make sure I leave an allowance for some baileys on ice... Helps relax a little!
  • PBJunky
    PBJunky Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Had issues when I used EC stack back in the day but since IF and going to bed with a super full tummy I just pass out.
  • JaysBlondeBrownie
    JaysBlondeBrownie Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Another rec for melatonin here.