Losing the last 15-20 lbs?

Options

Replies

• Addicted2Fitness
    Options
    I booted out 100 situps/crunches yesterday, mostly because I was distracted by my tv and just kept going until commercial break! Can't wait to see what this weekend's challenge is, I'm leaving on vacation on Saturday morning for a week but plan on continuing at the resort I'll be staying at!
    On another note, I complained about not being able to break past 160- but shortly after complaining I DESTROYED that mark. Not sure what I'm doing differently... I'm gonna assume it was my frustration, threats and complaining that scared the weight away. :)

Good Job! I have been battling trying to break 140 and its aggravating
  • jesstiger81
    jesstiger81 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Did my 70 first thing this morning so I wouldn't have the "too tired" excuse when I got home! Great challenge!

I am down solid to 175. I think when I started I was about 177-178 (had gained a little). I feel like because of what I was eating it wasn't just water weight. I feel good and if I have time to cook the chicken and salmon in the crock pot tonight, I may start up again tomorrow! Sunday for sure, this is a great cleanse.
  • hsh0927
    hsh0927 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Great ab workout program that seems fairly simple and easy. 3 days in a row every week for 6 weeks :smile:

http://www.active.com/fitness/Articles/8-Killer-Ab-Exercises.htm?cmp=17-7-1559
  • Addicted2Fitness
    Options
    Great ab workout program that seems fairly simple and easy. 3 days in a row every week for 6 weeks :smile:

http://www.active.com/fitness/Articles/8-Killer-Ab-Exercises.htm?cmp=17-7-1559

This is a good site!
  • Channing
    Channing Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies! I'm going to make a personal goal for the weekend to exercise daily, and eat one raw meal a day! Whether it's a couple pieces of fruit for breakfast or a veggie filled salad for lunch or dinner! Join me if you'd like!:flowerforyou:
  • hsh0927
    Options
    :smile: Been a looooong weekend but I'll try to come up with a challenge for the week by the end of the day!
  • JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    I have about 20 more to lose, and I know it's going to to be S-L-O-W. I am okay with that though, I've accepted it. I've been at a bit of a plateau lately, but I'd like to lose these last 20, or at least 15 by my birthday... March 14, 2012.
  • JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    oops, just realized that this is kind of an already-going challenge thing and I kind of randomly butted in. Sorry haha
  • hsh0927
    Options
    oops, just realized that this is kind of an already-going challenge thing and I kind of randomly butted in. Sorry haha

You're okay (= You can still join if you'd like! About to post a challenge for the week :smile:
  • hsh0927
    Options
    ***WEEK CHALLENGE***
    How about we all get at least 6 hours of exercise in this week (Monday through Friday)
    I know it isn't too much but I have a ton going on this week (and I'm sure I'm not alone) and don't want to over due it
    Good luck to everyone! :flowerforyou:
  • tracyg86
    tracyg86 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Ok Im on for this challenge. Tomorrow is my rest day however so wont be doing too much then. Its going to be a hectic day for me anyway. Gonna give it all Ive got the rest of this week!
  • jesstiger81
    Options
    Wow 6 hours! Can I count playing clarinet, since in an hour's worth of practice I burn about 130 calories? I get hot when I play. I am also going to walk for at least 30 minutes each day. This is a good challenge for me, especially since I have those bridal portraits this Saturday!

I started the cleanse again this morning. Took Friday & Saturday off. Honestly I don't really feel deprived. Cottage cheese is part of it so I still get to eat cheese! And I sneak a tiny bit of chocolate in there. Anyway, if anyone wants to try it, I dropped a couple pounds last week! I only counted 1 though in MFP because I had gained one the previous week and didn't record it here. This morning when I got on the scale it showed another pound down, even AFTER my 2 days off of the cleanse! That is a happy thing for me! I hope this trend continues for at least 5 more pounds!
  • jesstiger81
    Options
    Hello ladies! I'm going to make a personal goal for the weekend to exercise daily, and eat one raw meal a day! Whether it's a couple pieces of fruit for breakfast or a veggie filled salad for lunch or dinner! Join me if you'd like!:flowerforyou:

Hey Channing, what kinds of things do you eat for a raw meal?
  • AScarbrough19
    AScarbrough19 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Six hours will be great to get in! I ran everyday last week but took today and finally busted through the 150 mark which has been a long time struggle for me. I think the running is the key. If I can get 6 hours of cardio in I hope to keep going in the right direction. In the past when I move from the 150 I sabotage it and next week I am back up. 25th class reunion less than 2 weeks away!
  • Channing
    Options
    6 hours sounds good to me! Gotta move it!:happy:

jesstiger- I usually eat raw fruit for for breakfast, and than my other raw options usually involve some sort of salad. They also make amazing raw meal bars that you can get at Whole Foods or a health food store. There are tons of raw recipes out there, but I keep it pretty basic, and normally just one meal a day...

I splurged last night and went out for drinks and dinner since I'm still in NYC. I'm a vegetarian and there are so many amazing options here! At the restaurant we went to, I had the soy BBQ ribs, and I swear I could not tell a difference from the real thing... I don't know, maybe it's been too long since I've eaten meat! No idea how to log that in the food diary, so I'm using a "pass" and going on a run today!:glasses:
  • indroska
    Options
    I just saw the challenge for this week and I want in... I usually only do 3-4 hours of exercise every week, but I will do my best and I will get in 6 hours for this week. This is perfect timing, as I am trying to loose min 2lbs before Thanksgiving :)
  • Channing
    Options
    How is everyone doing? I got in 1.5 hours of exercise yesterday, but ate horribly. Today I've eaten well, but no exercise. Maybe I'll go for a walk later. Feeling lazy and gross today, gotta change my mood!
  • jesstiger81
    Options
    I am not doing great on the exercise but I am doing awesome on the eating because I am on day 2 of round 2 of the cleanse I am doing. I feel great food-wise.

I did take a very brisk walk today around a park that I was scoping out for wedding portrait possibilities. It was hilly and I didn't have a lot of time so I walked fast. Then later I walked to the mailbox and back. I live in an apartment complex so it's more than just walking to the end of a driveway. I am pretty active in my daily life so I may not get 6 hours in, but I'm still working it.

I am also sticking to doing crunches every day!! Gotta tighten up those abs a little!
  • Channing
    Options
    At around 3 hours of exercise so far for the week... Gotta bust my butt the next couple days! How is everyone else doing???
  • indroska
    Options
    I am at 3 hours ((45min, 45min and 90min) so far, I will try to do more this weekend, so I can get up to 6 hours for the week. It might be hard, but I have to try :)