Any women 5'3 or 5'4 with before and after pics?

Options

Replies

• CassandraD82
    CassandraD82 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I haven't got pictures to show you but I am 5'3.

I'm currently close to my "new" goal weight of 55kg (not sure the pound equivalent!) but, honestly, at 56kg I don't think I need to lose more weight. I just picked a number out of the hat and set my first goal. Then realised that deep down I wanted a flat tummy and no chafing between my thighs! So I set a new goal.

I would aim for exactly mid point in the "healthy" zone of the BMI chart. And then if you want to keep going aim for a bit more weight loss, but don't get too close to the "underweight" zone... it doesn't look very good!
  • MrsT99
    MrsT99 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm 5 4 lost 32.8 lb weight currently 142.2 my target is 135. I did post some before and during shots here a couple of months ago looking better now latest pic is my profile taken yesterday.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/334052-still-going-but-been-looking-at-some-old-pics-compared-to-ne

I've chosen 135 as I still have a considerable amount of wobble, particularly upper thighs that's the place that's held onto it the most.

Despite thin wrists I have large hips and ribcage so not small framed. I didn't lose any boobage until just recently I seem to have lost some now.
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    Bumping to follow. :) This is so interesting because there's such a variation of what looks good on different individuals.

I'm 5'4 with a medium frame / bone structure. I don't seem to have much of a waist and a friend recently described my body shape as a "plank". (I envy you curvy women!!!)

I carry most of my fat in my gut and regardless of weight, l feel "thick" most of the time. My highest weight on record was 192, pics in my profile are from around 180, and there are also pics from being in the 135-140 range. Right now I'm at 139 and not focused as much on weight per se, as toning up and kissing the belly fat good-bye.

Thanks for posting this - it really is healthy to have exposure to a wide variety of perspectives. :flowerforyou:
  • Jess3kids
    Jess3kids Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and started at 154.8 and would ultimately like to be at 120. I'm at 132.8 as of now. Went from a size 12 to a size 6 so far.
  • Jamaica113
    Jamaica113 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Bump.........i really like this post. I am 5'3 and its easy to feel discouraged with people who are taller look way thinner at the same weight. I am glad you started this topic....thanks
  • comeback0903
    comeback0903 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I'm5'4

started at 201 size 10/12 or juniors 15
    now I'm at 183 size 8/10 or juniors 13

I would like a 145, that was my high school weight and it looked good on me.... I will strive for 140 to have a yo-yo between 140-145

IMG-20111101-00639-2.jpg
  • slimmingdownsteph
    slimmingdownsteph Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    i'm glad everybody's getting into this post :):)
    i also forgot to mention that i AM of a large frame haha.
    so if anybody with a large frame has any pictures/measurements/weights it could be a help to a lot of people :D
  • slimmingdownsteph
    Options
    I'm5'4

I would like a 145, that was my high school weight and it looked good on me.... I will strive for 140 to have a yo-yo between 140-145

IMG-20111101-00639-2.jpg

you look fantastic! :)
    we have a similar frame... did you do anything specifically or did you just diet/exercise?
  • ms78
    ms78 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm the same. I am 5ft 4 was around 140 and now am 130lbs but I don't look a lot different - my clothes are looser but nobody has actually noticed that I am thinner. I had initially thought that I would like to be 120-125lbs but I am close enough to that to know that I will probably need to lose more to be happy. 110lbs would be the lowest I could go in a healthy bmi range so I'm thinking that might be a bit thin because I've always had curves and don't want to look like a boy! I think a goal size would be a good thing to set rather than a weight - I'd love to be a size 8-10. I started at a size 12-14 and am now size 12 but still nowhere near able to fit into a 10. I think it all depends on where the weight sits on you and how much of it is muscle etc.
  • namenumber
    namenumber Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    bump :) I'm 5'2"
  • tracyg86
    tracyg86 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hey I dont have any before and after pics because Im not done yet. I am 5 ft 4 and my CW is 158 I think. I would like to get to 133 lbs because its half way between what I was at school and where I was when I re-started my weight loss. I intend to see what my maintenance calories are at that and see if I can cope and if so ill stick at it. But this time around I am going to concentrate on having a good body not just being at a certain weight.

Its great to be able to read about other people the same height as me so thanks for this post.
  • AmyEm3
    AmyEm3 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and I started losing weight in May. I've gone from 180 to about 140 now. No pictures, sorry. I still need to take some pictures. I'm wearing a size 6 now. I'm medium framed and apple shaped.

I'd like to lose another 10lbs...all from my belly! That's where I carry most of my weight and it's the last place I lose. I thought about trying to get down to around 122 but right now I'm just shooting for 130 and I'll re-evaluate then.
  • annmrie
    Options
    bump
  • slimmingdownsteph
    Options
    Hello! I'm 5 4 lost 32.8 lb weight currently 142.2 my target is 135. I did post some before and during shots here a couple of months ago looking better now latest pic is my profile taken yesterday.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/334052-still-going-but-been-looking-at-some-old-pics-compared-to-ne

I've chosen 135 as I still have a considerable amount of wobble, particularly upper thighs that's the place that's held onto it the most.

Despite thin wrists I have large hips and ribcage so not small framed. I didn't lose any boobage until just recently I seem to have lost some now.

you look fantastic! (:
  • comeback0903
    comeback0903 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I'm5'4

IMG-20111101-00639-2.jpg

we have a similar frame... did you do anything specifically or did you just diet/exercise?

The truth is just counting calories and exercising... The only difference in food is that now I eat wheat bread and wheat pasta! Mainly portion control....

I dont plan in cutting carbs,diet sodas or sugar per say until I hit a plateau.... so basically alot of portion control!
  • Maryfullofgrace
    Maryfullofgrace Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" I started at 174, wearing a solid 14... and I am now 139, wearing mostly a size 10, some clothes are a size 8. I am shooting for 125 as my goal weight. I chose this goal weight as an average from the "ideal weight charts" which range from 119-130.
  • slimmingdownsteph
    Options
    I'm5'4

IMG-20111101-00639-2.jpg

The truth is just counting calories and exercising... The only difference in food is that now I eat wheat bread and wheat pasta! Mainly portion control....

I dont plan in cutting carbs,diet sodas or sugar per say until I hit a plateau.... so basically alot of portion control!

wow, that's awesome! (:
    keep up the great work!
  • kleavitt1992
    kleavitt1992 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    5ft 3 182 to 141 (in the pic im up alittle right now like 2-3lbs but that doesnt make a huge dif.)

fattyred.jpg
  • wish21
    wish21 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    5ft 3 182 to 141 (in the pic im up alittle right now like 2-3lbs but that doesnt make a huge dif.)

fattyred.jpg

Ohh Wow! Unbelievable results! GREAT JOB!:flowerforyou:
  • MrsT99
    MrsT99 Posts: 149 Member
    Options

you look fantastic! (:

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!