Eating quirks

Options
Iamfit4life
Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
What food do you eat funny?

I was told I was totally strange for the way I eat peanut M&M's.

I take one M&M, and suck all the chocolate off. Then once that's done I split the peanut in half in my mouth.

Nibble one one slowly until it's gone, and then the other half.

It takes me about two hours to eat a bag.

Replies

• Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Weirdo *wink*

umm, I'm not sure. Only thing I can think of is I eat sweet pickles right out of the jar. Can polish off a whole jar if I'm not careful.
  • elsham
    elsham Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    I'm doing this right now: eating blackberries one kernel (?) at a time. I do the same with corn. And raspberries.

Edit: Now I'm thinking about this. I also peel the tomato skin with my teeth, all around, before I eat the actual tomato.
    Obviously it takes me a while to eat stuff like this.

Oh! And animal crackers. I have to save the middle of those animals for last.

Erm...I'll be pondering this while I consume this blackberry.

*PROCRASTINATING*
  • jadebvb92
    Options
    i eat grapes oddly lol...i peel off the skin of the grape and eat that first then eat the grape
  • JulieSD
    JulieSD Posts: 567
    Options
    I prefer to eat a lot of food cold. I will sometimes wait 10 minutes to start eating so it can really cool down.

I cant eat yogurt with chunks in it, but I put yogurt on granola.

I will cry if I ask for a hamburger and when I get it, it has cheese on it. This only happened once, I was driving home from university and I got a hamburger happy meal at McDonalds...when I started to eat it, it had cheese on it. I cried.

I love raw green and orange peppers. I hate yellow and red. I have a hard time eat cooked peppers.

I will not eat ice cream with chunks. I will not eat donuts with sprinkles. If its a soft food, it has to stay soft.

oh, I could go on forever.............
  • ecookk
    ecookk Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    It's pretty gross but I lick the flavour from my crisps before I eat them....
  • justlynzo
    justlynzo Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I love gummi bears but only when they are super stale and chewy. I'll buy a bag, open it, and let it be for a couple weeks before eating any. The pro to this method is that they are so chewy, I can only eat 4 or 5 at a time without worrying about losing a filling, so I guess my quirk helps me save on calories! =)
  • jonzo21
    jonzo21 Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    haha I do pretty much the same thing with reeses peanut butter cup. I use my teeth to bite off all the chocolate so that its only the peanut butter left. Then I eat the peanut butter slowly and savor it... Mmmmm
  • vanillasugar
    vanillasugar Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Too fun :tongue: Well, I rarely eat chocolate chip cookies anymore and for some reason quit eating them the way I did when I was a kid, buuuuut, when I was a kid, I would eat all around all of the chocolate chips until the cookie was gone and I had a small pile of just the chips then I would eat all the chips at once. Thanks for reminding me :laugh:
  • JulieSD
    JulieSD Posts: 567
    Options
    haha I do pretty much the same thing with reeses peanut butter cup. I use my teeth to bite off all the chocolate so that its only the peanut butter left. Then I eat the peanut butter slowly and savor it... Mmmmm

I do this. I'm all about the peanut butter center :)
  • mmhenry28
    mmhenry28 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I dont like when food is mixed together.

Like I love corn, peas and carrots if they are separate but hate those peas, corn and carrot vegie mixes.

I like marshmallow, nuts and raisins, but hate rocky road.

I like raisins and sultanas but hate them mixed in a cake.
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    OK, I'm reporting everyone.
  • LKBuckingham
    Options
    Sometimes I take absolutely everything off my pizza, it depends if there's too much cheese or if I just don't like the cheese lol it also depends on my mood.
  • broby425
    Options
    I eat my food one thing at a time, starting with my least-favorite item, and finishing with my favorite -- unless saving it for last means that it gets cold. Then I follow the same progression with the warm foods. Drives my wife crazy. She also hates that I can suck on a piece of hard candy until it completely dissolves. Hers is long gone, while mine gets down to a paper-thin disc and eventually just disappears.
  • vanillasugar
    vanillasugar Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Oh yea, I did (and still do honestly when I eat this) the same thing when I would eat Lucky Charms cereal. I eat all the cereal except the marshmallows and then eat all the marshmallows at once. I used to dream they would come out with a once a year type limited time box of Lucky Charms that were all Charms...o.m.g. LOL
  • UrbanRunner81
    UrbanRunner81 Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    What food do you eat funny?

I was told I was totally strange for the way I eat peanut M&M's.

I take one M&M, and suck all the chocolate off. Then once that's done I split the peanut in half in my mouth.

Nibble one one slowly until it's gone, and then the other half.

It takes me about two hours to eat a bag.

that's what I do, too.
  • yvnursechick
    yvnursechick Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I suck on roasted peanuts...
  • SARgirl
    SARgirl Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I eat Twix bars by eating the chocolate off the sides and ends first, then I eat the chocolate and caramel off the top and then I eat the cookie bottom last. I also eat Lucky Charms by eating all the oat pieces first, then I eat the marshmallows in order of least to most according to how many of each shape are left!
  • BigDanTX
    BigDanTX Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I used to eat my animal crackers legs first becuase I did not want them to run off. Now I bite the heads off first, it's more humaine that way.
  • thirtyandthriving
    thirtyandthriving Posts: 613 Member
    Options

I do this with a lot of candy bars. Butterfingers, Reese cups, ect. I also do the thing with the peanut m&m's. I don't like things mixed together. I prefer layers. Salad, yogurt and fruit/honey, burritos. Really pisses me off when pancheros "bobs" my burrito! Lol
  • Maryfullofgrace
    Maryfullofgrace Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Oh yea, I did (and still do honestly when I eat this) the same thing when I would eat Lucky Charms cereal. I eat all the cereal except the marshmallows and then eat all the marshmallows at once. I used to dream they would come out with a once a year type limited time box of Lucky Charms that were all Charms...o.m.g. LOL

Me TOO!!! but after I ate all the cereal, I ate the marshmallows in color order... Pink hearts, Yellow Moons, Orange Stars, Green Clovers. Then when I was a little older they came out with the Blue Diamonds. That was okay. Then they came out with rainbows, that was okay too. I just added them to the end. Then they had crazy mixed up marshmallows, and that just made it too hard, and I simply stopped buying them. I think I need to give them another shot. I also ate Trix cereal one color at a time.