Here is what's in the McDonalds McRib?

Options
12346»

Replies

• leeshults
    leeshults Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing....Totally do NOT want one now!! And that's a good thing......
  • magdamccraven
    magdamccraven Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I agree that the McRib is not a healthy choice for a meal but many of us make a choice because we like the taste to have one on occasion.

I do not have references to copy and paste but I do believe it is a fact that browning potatoes at high heat will create acrylamide in small doses. After reading the thread I recall learning that in Nutrition 101. Browned potatoes have been around quite a while longer than McD's. Every home made hashbrown, fried potato and onion, oven baked without foil and yes, french fry must contain some acrylamide. Pardon my pun, but this seems like small potatoes compared to genetically modified crops and pesticides.
  • Lisa_222
    Lisa_222 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I hate the taste of all mcdonald's, other than the egg mcmuffin and hash browns and french fries. And its only the hash browns and fries that give me a a thrill and those are baaaad! So there's no point in going there.
  • love22step
    love22step Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    Men eat them! My husband and my ex-husband both make an annual pilgrimage to McDonald's to get their McRibs. It's something they feel they have to do, even if they don't go to McDonald's any other time of the year.
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    It's McDonald's...what did people expect?
  • itontae
    itontae Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Delicious. I 'm more of a McDonald's quarter pounder with cheese fan though. Those babies are ridiculously tasty
  • BiscuitsNDavy
    BiscuitsNDavy Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    chicken-goo.jpg

Chicken goop for their mcnuggets! Nom nom nom

Eewww wtf
  • dancer4275
    Options
    Yeah...I stopped eating there a while ago when I found a bone in my chicken nugget! haha! Not to mention all the crap that they put in their food...even their salads are full of sugar.
  • stevwil41
    stevwil41 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Hmmm, I'd almost forgotten it was back. I may have to have one and some of their fake fries for lunch:)
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    I have been craving one HARD. Was actually considering working out today to get one. I almost didnt open this because I didnt want to ruin it. :laugh:
    Craving squashed. Forever and ever. Barforama
  • 2befit1
    Options
    Never liked the McRib...I don't even like McDonald's. Blarf!
  • Scorpioangel
    Scorpioangel Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    How many ingredients are there?
    At face value, the sandwich contains just pork, onions, and pickle slices slathered in barbecue sauce and laid out on a bun. But the truth is, there are roughly 70 ingredients. The bun alone contains 34, says TIME's Melnick. In addition to chemicals like ammonium sulfate and polysorbate 80, the most egregious may be azodicarbonamide - "a flour-bleaching agent most commonly used in the manufactur[ing] of foamed plastics like gym mats the and soles of shoes." According to McDonald's own ingredient list, the bun also includes calcium sulfate and ethoxylated mono- and diglycerides, among other chemicals.

Ooof. What's the meat made of?
    Pig innards and plenty of salt. Typically, "restructured meat product" includes pig bits like tripe, heart, and scalded stomach, says Whet Moser at Chicago Magazine, citing a 1995 article by Robert Mandigo, a professor at the University of Nebraska. These parts are cooked and blended with salt and water to extract salt-soluble proteins, which act as a "glue" that helps bind the reshaped meat together. 500 calories and 26 grams of fat.

Nasty!
  • SaddyPants
    SaddyPants Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    This says it all:

mcds.jpg

you have been warned.

Oh for heaven's sake here: http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g264/crystalinda/mcds.jpg

Don't they have those warning signs at every restaurant? I see them at almost every chain restaurant I've been to.
  • crystalinda
    crystalinda Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    This says it all:

mcds.jpg

you have been warned.

Oh for heaven's sake here: http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g264/crystalinda/mcds.jpg

Don't they have those warning signs at every restaurant? I see them at almost every chain restaurant I've been to.

They probably do, I'm sure its mostly a precautionary measure, still scary tho!