Do people actually wear spanx?

Options

Replies

• danginar
    Options
    one more thing. Spanx makes a very comfortable bra. Completely smooth, no lines. They even have underwire bras now. The other nice thing about Spanx is that it does stretch out, but goes right back to the original shape when you wash them.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,121 Member
    Options
    No more panty lines. I read the story of the inventor/owner of the company. She invented them to eliminate panty lines, not as a girdle type garment.

Anything is uncomfortable if you buy the wrong size.
  • Deathwithab
    Deathwithab Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    i only wear them when i want to look extra sucked in , like chiristmas partys or other occasions in dresses, tight fitting skirts. otherwise i couldnt imagine every day wearing them
  • evergreen5
    evergreen5 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I decided to try on some generic spanx in a department store. I usually wear a medium to large so I tried on a large. Well, wrong choice. I got stuck trying to get into the thing. 20 to 30 minutes later I finally got out of the thing. I will never, ever try one on again. : D
  • _Sally_
    _Sally_ Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    No more panty lines. I read the story of the inventor/owner of the company. She invented them to eliminate panty lines, not as a girdle type garment.

That might be the diff between folks who love 'em and folks who hate 'em. Maybe it's a size/fit issue.

BTW - thongs also get rid of panty lines... just sayin'.
  • Jennyisbusy
    Jennyisbusy Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    I wear Spanx (or generic Spanx) for special occasions and to work out. They help keep my wobbly bits from flapping so hard they hurt when I'm moving around.

this sounds just like me. I renamed mine zippy pants.
  • Jennyisbusy
    Jennyisbusy Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah, I just wear the shorts kind too. I guess some of the other ones would be more restrictive / uncomfortable.
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    I wore one a long time ago underneath a mermaid formal dress- never again!!! It did smooth everything but it was NOT worth it.
  • olivetree_
    olivetree_ Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    In cheerleading, we wear spankies underneath our skirts. They match our uniform and it prevents people from seeing our underwear. :P I think the only difference is that spankies are more like shorts. Some teams wear spanx though, I think. To make the cheerleaders look slimmer.
  • lelliebugh
    lelliebugh Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Love love love them, when I'm going out and want a smooth look in a dress or top or the dreaded chub rub resistance I wear them. Not daily but special occasions I love it especially helps with my spare tire symdrome lol
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    I wear a girdle-type garment maybe once a month or so, mostly with dresses and such, since there is nothing to hold you in in a dress. I like how they make me feel slimmer, and smooth everything out. I wore one with my Halloween costume went I went out to the bars, and since mine has a little bit of legs on it, I tucked my phone and ID into it!! haha it worked very well!!
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    I wear more of a girdle (sometimes and it depends all on what I wear) but I always wanted spanx.
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    I had some I wore under dresses. Honestly they do make everything look nice and smooth.

I once mentioned wearing some under a dress when siggy and I were going to a wedding.

And he mentioned if I did that we probably wouldn't be having relations that evening.

it seems, men do not find them attractive. lol
  • 0jylnn0
    0jylnn0 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I wear spanx at weddings and what not, it smoothes everything out :)
  • mmuzzatti
    mmuzzatti Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    I got some advice from a MFP that she wore spanx for working out in that it helped her with the loose skin and her workouts. So I am not wearing spanx but I went to Walmart and bought a elastic band about 8 inches wide and I have been wearing it for workouts now for about 4 weeks, not sure what it will do but I am giving it a try, can't hurt.
  • craft338
    craft338 Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    i just lost over 80 lbs, so i have that weird extra tummy skin, and the spanx just help to keep it a little flatter and firmer. i figure it's cheaper than surgury...so, yeah...i wear spanx lol

but i don't wear them on a regular basis though...just when i have to dress up and stuff. =)
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    I decided to try on some generic spanx in a department store. I usually wear a medium to large so I tried on a large. Well, wrong choice. I got stuck trying to get into the thing. 20 to 30 minutes later I finally got out of the thing. I will never, ever try one on again. : D

OMG that was funny (probably not for you), and the same thing happened to me. I got one in my closet but I never wore it, too hot where I live. Control top panty hose is the only thing that I can deal with without melting, and only in the winter.
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    I wore spanx lacey tights today with a clingy sweater dress - because they look better under a clingy dress than other tights, and certainly better than going commando (I'm slim, but I still have fluffy areas), and certainly don't want panty lines . . .

I have the plain spanx too, and the kind that is not so tight over your bootie, so it doesn't flatten it out -- those are the best in my opinion under anything clingy.
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options

That might be the diff between folks who love 'em and folks who hate 'em. Maybe it's a size/fit issue.

BTW - thongs also get rid of panty lines... just sayin'.

thongs do get rid of panty lines, but they leave all the fluff exposed. I don't like that fluffy look.
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    I'm a Spanx fan! I agree that if you get the right size, they're not too bad. I also agree that they aren't the most attractive undergarment! I see people often to whom I'd love to introduce Spanx!