Black Bean Brownies

Options
2»

Replies

• mamamc03
    mamamc03 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I made these and was pleasantly surprised by how good they were. They are more fudgy and moist than regular brownies and down get as fluffy when cooked. I sprinkled chocolate chips on the top of the batter before I baked them to help entice my leary S.O. into trying them. They made it to work in an male dominate occupation, and many of the guys wanted the recipe!

I thought they we more fudgy myself, but it's hard to get ppl to try something so off the wall- and then to say they taste better than regular brownies?! I really enjoy these and I don't have that super guilty feeling after eating them! I'm glad you enjoyed them!

Do you still use the oil & eggs?
  • Mechel79
    Mechel79 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I made these and was pleasantly surprised by how good they were. They are more fudgy and moist than regular brownies and down get as fluffy when cooked. I sprinkled chocolate chips on the top of the batter before I baked them to help entice my leary S.O. into trying them. They made it to work in an male dominate occupation, and many of the guys wanted the recipe!

I thought they we more fudgy myself, but it's hard to get ppl to try something so off the wall- and then to say they taste better than regular brownies?! I really enjoy these and I don't have that super guilty feeling after eating them! I'm glad you enjoyed them!

Do you still use the oil & eggs?

Nope, no oil or eggs... just the beans and the mix! I think you will be suprised how great they are
  • jessicarn76
    jessicarn76 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I've had these before and they are really good! I'll have to try making them myself. :) I didn't realize it was so easy. Thanks!
  • darklord48
    darklord48 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I've had them a number of times as well. They don't even need frosting, they're good as is. Just be careful of two things.
    First, after a few days they may start to look oily on top, but will still taste good. I've never waited longer to see if anything strange happened.
    Second, make sure you don't buy the black beans that have been flavored with cumin, even with rinsing, it doesn't work out right.
  • AggieHoss
    AggieHoss Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    So odd I have to give it a shot.
  • kyodi
    kyodi Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    The wife and I tried these this evening. We used Betty Crocker Low Fat Fudge Brownie mix, and Spartan Black Beans. We forgot the "rinse and fill with water" step before throwing the beans in the stand mixer. They had to be cooked almost twice as long as the box said; tooth picks in the middle were very wet. Also they were very crumbly. I think it has to do with:

- forgetting the water
    - the low fat type of mix

Anyone have a similar experience?
  • spacegirlz
    spacegirlz Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • claudiandw
    claudiandw Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Black Bean Brownies (2 WW Points each!)

1 box brownie mix
    1 can (15 oz) black beans

Open the can of black beans, rinse well. With beans back in the can, add enough water to cover
    beans. Put in blender or food processor and puree. Add puree to brownie mix, and then bake according to package directions.

You DO NOT add the eggs or oil that the recipe calls for, JUST the black bean puree!

Makes 20 brownies-- 2 Weight Watcher Points each!
  • cclark1203
    cclark1203 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    When I make these I sprinkle a llittle bit of powdered sugar on top right before serving. If you do this across the cake after it's baked the white of the sugar melts so it's not as pretty. Just enough sweetness. Yumm. Also it's very important to make sure you puree the beans thoroughly otherwise... the texture doesn't turn out right

Another recipe from WW's. Diet Coke cake. 1 box of chocolate cake mix and 1 12 oz can of Diet Coke. Mix it up (just 2 ingredients) and pour into a greased cake pan and bake as directed on the box of mix. These too come out somewhat fudgy. Yumm!!! I have also made this with yellow cake and diet 7up or diet cherry coke and frosted with cool whip. It's fun to get creative with the taste combos.
  • midonhau
    midonhau Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try these. I love brownies so if this healthier alternative tastes good I may be hooked for good! :bigsmile:

I have some chopped hazelnuts, I might just add them lol

Thanks for sharing!
  • MelMoly
    MelMoly Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    Yummmmm! I want! do we have a pic?
  • claudiandw
    claudiandw Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Yummmmm! I want! do we have a pic?

NptwP.jpg
  • midonhau
    Options
    So my mind has been on the brownies all day lol I cam home from work and baked a batch...it was delicious!!
  • SarahMorganP
    SarahMorganP Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • Mechel79
    Mechel79 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    So my mind has been on the brownies all day lol I cam home from work and baked a batch...it was delicious!!

Glad you liked them! it was so odd and good I had to share! I brought them to our office potluck and everyone commented how good they were-- haha if they only knew
  • midonhau
    Options
    I gave some to my brother to try. When I asked him what he thought he said he" liked it....it didn't taste as sweet like regular brownies...it tastes healthy" When I told him what the secret ingredient was he laughed so hard lol
  • Curvy1taliana
    Curvy1taliana Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I have made these many times, but I don't add the water. I also add a tsp of vanilla extract, and 1/2 cup egg beaters.
    I have fooled with my 12 year old with these, provided I top them with ice cream or frozen yogurt. When he had it plain, he said, "these brownies taste funny" :tongue:
  • MissesForrester
    MissesForrester Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Im going to try it!
  • just2liveagain
    Options
    bump!
  • cherod70
    Options
    Sounds awesome, need to try it.
    I did this with a 14oz can of pumpkin and my kids ate it :)