Conversations with Him :)

Options
2»

Replies

• Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    On a date.... What's a good conversation starter?
    How many of you women like to initiate convos with a guy?
    Men, do you perfer women to initiate the conversation?

Just collecting data..... Lol

I don't really think about it that much. I just try to be laidback about it and let the conversation happen. Just be upbeat, positive, and friendly.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options

I don't really think about it that much. I just try to be laidback about it and let the conversation happen. Just be upbeat, positive, and friendly.

Elizabeth would just be like "Here I baked you a chocolate chip fluffynugget with chocolate sprinkles. Eat it so we can go watch Xmen" and she'd pretty much have won at that point.
  • teagin2002
    teagin2002 Posts: 1,901 Member
    Options
    I have been married to my sweetheart for a while, but I remember trying to have as much fun as possible cause that is what dating is. It is the time before all seriousness (responsibility) hits. So if it is ever awkward or silent just try to alleviate the tension how ever you do it best and don't forget to relax and have fun.
    All in all don't worry about who starts the conversation as long as its going the right way, the fun carefree way.

Good luck!
  • souki19
    Options
    i am intrested in the answer to this one , cause i always debate wether i should waitt or just go ahead and start a freindly convo. at the same time , i don't want to be tooo forward!! i enjoy to be chased :P

I am always hesitant...I think it is easier for them to speak to me first....but that's hard because if he smiling at me, but dont say anything, I have a hard time saying something first because I can get shy.....I dont come across bold guys much either I think lol

i feeel the same way, when a guy smile and i smile back but he doesn't approch , i feel shy to approch him because somewhere in the back of my head, i think that i might get rejected or he might be in a commited relationship or married!!!!
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    i am intrested in the answer to this one , cause i always debate wether i should waitt or just go ahead and start a freindly convo. at the same time , i don't want to be tooo forward!! i enjoy to be chased :P

I am always hesitant...I think it is easier for them to speak to me first....but that's hard because if he smiling at me, but dont say anything, I have a hard time saying something first because I can get shy.....I dont come across bold guys much either I think lol

i feeel the same way, when a guy smile and i smile back but he doesn't approch , i feel shy to approch him because somewhere in the back of my head, i think that i might get rejected or he might be in a commited relationship or married!!!!

Yea I am not good at this kind of stuff lol......I know sad huh lol
  • teagin2002
    teagin2002 Posts: 1,901 Member
    Options
    I am 30 and have been marries for only 4 years, but I feel like we have always been together, and I wish it will never end.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options

Elizabeth would just be like "Here I baked you a chocolate chip fluffynugget with chocolate sprinkles. Eat it so we can go watch Xmen" and she'd pretty much have won at that point.

LOL Pretty much!
  • AppleADayAmber
    Options
    "Do u have facebook?" lmao just playing. I havent been on a date in awhile since im engaged lol but I can tell u what not to start off with and that is " My ex used to do this/that" or anything related to past relationships. I guess a good ice breaker could maybe be ordering a drink together and going over the menu. similar taste is a good sign
  • mznisaelaine
    Options
    "Do u have facebook?" lmao just playing. I havent been on a date in awhile since im engaged lol but I can tell u what not to start off with and that is " My ex used to do this/that" or anything related to past relationships. I guess a good ice breaker could maybe be ordering a drink together and going over the menu. similar taste is a good sign

Note to self: Don't mention ex!......lol
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    If it's a guy I'm already on a date with, I have no problem getting the conversation rolling. I know guys get nervous and sometimes aren't sure what's appropriate to talk about. But I don't want to be directing the conversation the whole time. It makes me feel bossy, and that's not what I want to be on a date.

As for what I'd talk about, I try to stick with things that SHOULD be easy for him to talk about, like his family, his hobbies, etc. If he seems to be a confident guy who likes to talk, I'll get into deeper, more thought-provoking topics, but if he seems particularly nervous or shy, I wouldn't bombard him with questions that would force him to sit there and think about how to answer. I think it's a good idea to pay attention to how comfortable the guy is when talking about different things. If you hit on something that he seems to like talking about, ask follow-up questions.
  • LolasEpicJourney
    LolasEpicJourney Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I initiated conversations with my husband-I asked him out and I picked him up(he didn't have a car and I did)
  • SPheonix22
    SPheonix22 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I guess the easiest thing to do would be to talk about his hobbies and dislikes. Find f you have something in ccommon and work from there. As far as initiating FIRST contact. Depends on the guy. I always scope my guys out from adistance first ( lightly stalk). Ask questions of mutual friends, classmates. Look at the way he dresses and how he talks ( states a lot about upbringing and social interests ).
    At that point I would lead with what he likes and then after conversation is going state that I thought he was interesting and would like to get to know him better. I've even used the damsel in distress for a guy that I knew was ultra sweet but shy. I confessed later and he thought it was adorable.

I think the biggest thing is to make them think that they are leading. Don't worry about initiating as long as you let them know you don't want to lead all the time theyre good.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options

You should probably initiate the conversation. Most guys would be tongue tied around such a beautiful woman.
  • mznisaelaine
    Options

You should probably initiate the conversation. Most guys would be tongue tied around such a beautiful woman.

Well thanks! I guess we would be both tounge tied because I cant even speak if it is a nice looking guy in front of me...Unless he smiles..then I will compliment that and then probably walk away do to nerves lol....
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    I would much prefer women initiate conversation. Another shy guy here.
  • OfficialPR
    OfficialPR Posts: 1,610 Member
    Options

Well thanks! I guess we would be both tounge tied because I cant even speak if it is a nice looking guy in front of me...Unless he smiles..then I will compliment that and then probably walk away do to nerves lol....

Agree, you would make me nervous with your beauty but again at the end of the day, a true man will get you talking so you become relaxed...
  • mznisaelaine
    Options

Agree, you would make me nervous with your beauty but again at the end of the day, a true man will get you talking so you become relaxed...

Well...I'll be waiting for that true man....It would make it so much easier... since I am a shy lady.