#1 sign you're getting dumped...

Options

Replies

• ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    I don't really think women lose weight to get a new man. I think what happens is a woman loses weight, her man gets all pissy and insecure about it, they end up going their separate ways, she finds a new man, and the old one blames it all on the new guy. In my experience, the same thing happens when you start to make more money than he does. Recipe for disaster.
  • Kimbers70
    Kimbers70 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    LOL!!
  • squishycow7
    squishycow7 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    I've always lost a lot of weight right AFTER dumping someone, not in preparation!

But I see the dj's point - if you're too chicken to dump someone without another guy lined up then sure, you'd want to be "hotter" haha
  • CannibalisticVegetarian
    Options
    Lol. I just imagined guys all over the nation listening to this radio station and then shooting suspicious looks over at their girlfriends, who at this time are probably exercising away all innocently. XD
  • lniffa
    lniffa Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    Oh not for me thanks, my man is too hot to let go!..hehe

But it is true in some cases; you do feel better about yourself, then you notice other guys checking you out and you want to test the waters...
  • Artemis_Acorn
    Artemis_Acorn Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Have a friend whose husband suddenly started losing weight and dressing nicer. Turned out he had met someone and was planning to get a divorce and pursue the other woman once he was in shape. Thankfully, my friend figured it out and they worked everything out - they are still married.

I would say barring any other significant reason (doc told them to do it etc.) someone 'suddenly' becoming interested in losing weight can certainly be a warning sign of issues in the relationship.
  • lniffa
    lniffa Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    My wife will disagree with this survey as she says the #1 sign will be the disappearance of said girlfriend...

Love this!..lmao
  • 76wendyful
    Options
    For me, I am losing weight so that I can be sexy for my husband. He is smokin' hot and I just can't stand that I let myself go. I am doing for myself, but for him too.
  • JediMaster_intraining
    Options
    I think it could be a sign but I also think it could be because you don't want your partner to get tired of seeing you lazy and fat.
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    Funny, but kinda crappy, too. I'm losing weight for ME. No desire to replace the bf. He's my world. :heart:
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    For some reason, that is the first thing men think. I'm glad I decided to do this while I was single so I wouldn't have a significant other to stand in my way. I will probably stay single until I'm happy with my body.
  • woou
    woou Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    I've had a crush on a girl for almost 3 yrs now. As I'm losing weight, I still like her.
    =P. We're doing it together, and she's very supportive.
  • throttler228
    Options
    maybe all the hrs spent at the gym gives us time to think of who is supporting us in our lives and who is not. Im new at the gym thing.....so its just a guess. lol

I think there may be some truth in this.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Fact. It was on the radio... it must be.
    It's not a fact till it's made the internets.

*kitten*. You're right.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Oh not for me thanks, my man is too hot to let go!..hehe

But it is true in some cases; you do feel better about yourself, then you notice other guys checking you out and you want to test the waters...

You know, it is funny that you say that. I really haven't noticed anyone checking me out. When I was heavier and spoken for, I had to beat them off with a stick... but now that I'm on track to be a healthy weight and single.... NOTHING! I don't get it. :ohwell:
  • hnsaunde
    hnsaunde Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    bump
  • teagin2002
    teagin2002 Posts: 1,901 Member
    Options
    My husband and i gained the weight together, then I lost it and some, he hasn't. But I love him too much to even contemplate leaving. I was taught to recognize good things in my life and celebrate them, and that is what I do with him.

Yes he is a bit more controlling now with what I wear, I think he just needs sometime to adjust to me being so small, and other people looking.

Please don't say anything bad about him, I totally understand what he is going through and we will get over it together. I would only entertain leaving if something illegal was going on or someone was getting hurt. All else can be worked out through patience, love and compromise.
  • VeganGal84
    VeganGal84 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I remember that my boyfriend got nervous when I started losing weight, but I reassured him that I was doing it for ME, and that I love that he loved me and my body at its biggest, and that I hoped he would love me and my body at its smallest, too. :-)
  • hnsaunde
    hnsaunde Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    It happened that way for me, but that wasn't my plan when I initially started to lose the weight. Along the way I realized that he was a big part of why I'd gained it to begin with, so I had to cut my losses.

This is such a crock. The FACT is yo Shose to gain the weight. WAKE UP.

Thanks for the comment. I realize that I phrased my first comment poorly. Yes, you're right, I did choose to gain the weight through poor decisions. He was one of those poor decisions. Losing the weight has always been about me, and what's right for me, hence cutting my losses with a relationship that was making me unhappy. I would say that I already have woken up, since I'm now 60 pounds down, back into a normal BMI, and am close to my goal weight.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Fact. It was on the radio... it must be.
    The Internet is the new radio.

Was it on the Internet?