Refuse to eat the Low Cal version....

Options
Purpleflipflops
Purpleflipflops Posts: 563 Member
Just wondering, does anyone else have any dishes that they Refuse to make 'diet'?

Like, with my dad, you Never try to make twice-baked potatoes healthy. Seriously. Don't even try.

And with me, Pad Thai. I want the sauce and all the noodles and a TON of Peanuts and Shrimp. I would rather go without eating, then eat a low-cal version.

Replies

• Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    Ice cream

I''d rather gain 5lbs than eat froyo

fake butter on my popcorn. It's real butter, olive oil or it's no good.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Pretty much everything. I eat full-fat and calorie versions of everything and have been learning to limit my portions.
  • AI1108
    AI1108 Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    sugar... the only time I put sugar in anything is twice a day I put 1/2 tsp into my coffee. i've tried switching to every other type of sweetener for my coffee.. stevia, truvia, equal, splenda, honey.. nothing tastes the same. i've reduced it from 2 tsps to 1/2 tsp though. oh wells.. if it kills me i'll have died happy :-)
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    Can you find low cal pad thai? The stuff isn't all that bad to begin with. It would be like eating low cal sushi, and that ain't gonna happen.

I think eating sweet potato fries in place of regular is just nuts. For one, if you get them at a restuarant they are still fried! For two, sorry, they aren't the same. No way. No how.

Replacing hamburger with turkey burger. Blech. Also not happening.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Onion dip. Lipton soup + full fat sour cream. You can save calories by eating it with a spoon instead of chips. :wink:
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    I second fake sugar too...even including all natural fake sugar. Tastes terrible.
  • cjwalker1992
    Options
    Pretty much everything. I eat full-fat and calorie versions of everything and have been learning to limit my portions.

I am pretty much the same I eat regular versions of everything and just make sure to limit myself and to work out at least 3 times a week.
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options
    ranch. it's either full calorie or none at all. thanks.
  • Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    Options
    Homemade baked macaroni and cheese.

Can't mess with it.
  • writtenINthestars
    writtenINthestars Posts: 1,933 Member
    Options
    Icecream

Chicken parm.
  • merrillfoster
    merrillfoster Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Mac and cheese and mashed potatoes. Why bother?
  • NiciS72
    NiciS72 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    Hollandaise sauce for Eggs Benedict. I made it yesterday and it was yummy AND I stayed in my calories, I just made sure I only ate a small portion!
  • fat_tastic
    Options
    I agree on sugar.......I don't care what people say the artificial stuff does not taste good at all!
  • annabellj
    annabellj Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    burger with mayo, any baked goods, if you try to lowfat them, yuck!
  • Purpleflipflops
    Purpleflipflops Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    ughhhh.... I tried Fat free Ranch, that stuff is BLEH!
  • NiciS72
    NiciS72 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    Chicken parm.

I make a mean low cal Chicken Parm that tastes JUST like the restaurant! Got it from Cooking Light!
  • bill_i_am
    bill_i_am Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    a friend of mine once said "you can't fool your body" and it's so true, especially when it comes to art. sweeteners. I'm in the the full fat/full sugar camp as well...just limit portions :)
  • mdorman8313
    mdorman8313 Posts: 109 Member
    Options

AGREE 100%!
  • scott1024
    scott1024 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Blue cheese salad dressing. And don't hold back on the chunks, either. I'll find a way to work it in...
  • rocketmouse
    rocketmouse Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Ice cream

I''d rather gain 5lbs than eat froyo

fake butter on my popcorn. It's real butter, olive oil or it's no good.

I looooooooove froyo, but I agree about ice cream. Won't get the low-sugar/no-sugar skinny cow diet ice cream. Not ever. A serving of real ice cream has about 150-250 calories in it. I can make room in my diet for that.