My NASCAR fans....

Options

Replies

• Dusty74
    Dusty74 Posts: 68
    Options
    Go Ryan & Tony!!!
    Tony is doing well. Looks like he is racing at Eldora at time though :bigsmile:

Denny Hamlin's car is a good looking ride this week.
  • Rachael
    Rachael Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Ok, so I'm a geek! I'm actually in a Fantasy Racing League. Kyle's my pick this week - Go Kyle, Go!

Sadly, I seem to be going downhill...my first year - grand champion (whatever that means :laugh: ; second year - 3rd place; this year - currently 5th place.

Oh well! Still love racing!

Hope y'all are enjoying the race!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,081 Member
    Options
    Ok, so I'm a geek! I'm actually in a Fantasy Racing League. Kyle's my pick this week - Go Kyle, Go!

Sadly, I seem to be going downhill...my first year - grand champion (whatever that means :laugh: ; second year - 3rd place; this year - currently 5th place.

it's way early still. :smile:

edit to say - - -you can still be Grand Champ. It's a looonnnnggg season.
  • Rachael
    Options

it's way early still. :smile:

edit to say - - -you can still be Grand Champ. It's a looonnnnggg season.

It's ok! It's all for fun! I love that NASCAR has the longest season of just about any sport!
  • Dusty74
    Options

Don't feel bad. I sucked in two different leagues last year, and this year isn't going much better. I am like 7 out of 12 in one, and 990-something or other out of twelve hundred and some odd people in another.

The blue deuce is on fire now. Hopefully Tony will turn it back on before long.
  • Rachael
    Options

Don't feel bad. I sucked in two different leagues last year, and this year isn't going much better. I am like 7 out of 12 in one, and 990-something or other out of twelve hundred and some odd people in another.

It's all good! I'm 5th out of 21 so not too bad at all

I know - Kurt is rocking it! I'm really pulling for Tony this year! He's so funny since he had his lobotomy...just kidding!!! But the anger management from a few years ago really seems to have worked :laugh:
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,081 Member
    Options

I know - Kurt is rocking it! I'm really pulling for Tony this year! He's so funny since he had his lobotomy...just kidding!!! But the anger management from a few years ago really seems to have worked :laugh:

It doesn't hurt to own your own team and not drive a Yoda anymore, either.:laugh:

Look at Junior GO! :noway: :glasses:
  • Dusty74
    Options

I actually liked Tony better when he was punching reporters in the mouth and stuff :bigsmile: "Controversy sells, so be controversial"

81 to go.
  • Rachael
    Options

I actually liked Tony better when he was punching reporters in the mouth and stuff :bigsmile: "Controversy sells, so be controversial"

81 to go.

I know; there's something not quite right with him being all calm. Every time he speaks, except when he's complaining about tires, I get the impression he's heavily medicated :laugh:
  • Rachael
    Options

It doesn't hurt to own your own team and not drive a Yoda anymore, either.:laugh:

Look at Junior GO! :noway: :glasses:

Exactly! I've always been a fan of Tony's!

And I'd love to see JR win. I take it you're not a fan?? :frown:
  • Dusty74
    Options
    I know; there's something not quite right with him being all calm. Every time he speaks, except when he's complaining about tires, I get the impression he's heavily medicated :laugh:
    Zoloft is a wonder drug :laugh:
    He may be able to salvage a 2nd place finish tonight. The 'old man' is just too fast. But all we can do is keep hoping Martin stuffs it in the wall- with two to go and Tony makes the pass for the win :bigsmile:

<sarcasm>OH, and no worries about Junior, he can't find his pit stall most of the time, much less the finish line when it counts. </sarcasm> I am a Junior fan so take no offense to my sarcastic comments.
  • Dusty74
    Options
    And Junior stuffs it in the wall. :mad:

Should b e a good race, probably take the green flag with about 8 or so to go.
  • BIGGRAMMA
    BIGGRAMMA Posts: 2,273
    Options
    My guy Kasey did not do good.....but I was very pleased to see Mark Martin finally win...and doing it at the age of my oldest son......50.....He deserved this win......It has been 97 races since his last one...
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    It WAS nice to see Mark Martin take one. He has come close several times in the past. If it was not Biffle's turn this time, I am glad to see Mark get a win--it has been a long time coming.

BTW not trying to start a riot, but I saw an SUV in my travel's today who left no doubt as to where the owner's loyalties lie. It was plastered with 24's on the back, and there was a window sticker that said. "My favorite driver is Jeff Gordon or whoever is ahead of Earnhardt!"

I am a Biffle fan, since he hails from my neck of the woods and I like his work with animal welfare activities.
  • Rachael
    Options
    I'm going to bed now. I burn a top driver like Kyle for a P17 finish....grrrr :mad:

But it was nice to see Mark win.

Good thing I just like racing....

Good Night, Y'all
  • BIGGRAMMA
    BIGGRAMMA Posts: 2,273
    Options
    Today is race day......Hope all of you enjoy the race...and that your favorite driver does well....they will all start ahead of my driver who will be starting in the back.....

GO KASEY!!!!
  • Rachael
    Options
    Today is race day......Hope all of you enjoy the race...and that your favorite driver does well....they will all start ahead of my driver who will be starting in the back.....

GO KASEY!!!!

I'm ready for it! This is my favorite track and I'm picking my favorite driver - Dale Jr!! My fingers are crossed that he doesn't miss his pit box - it's been his curse lately :grumble:

Enjoy the race!
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Yikes! They barely get started at Talledega and 7 laps in all H*** breaks loose. At this rate, makes you wonder if there will be anybody left racing at the end. Talledega is living up to its reputation today.
  • porka29
    porka29 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Hi all!!! While I'm happy to see all of you here, I have obviously not been too happy today with that first wreck. Kevin had moved up 13 places to get caught up......:cry:

Now it will be a crap shoot after the wreck that just happened!:drinker:
  • becbec71
    becbec71 Posts: 136
    Options
    I really like Logano, he got some press early last year while I was trying to pick a driver and he is doing amazing! My sons name is Logan hence why I picked him. My inlaws go to a few races and I went to NH last june for my frst. It was alot of fun but I hate to say I prefer to watch on tv where you know all that is happening!