Ladies Does it bother you?

Options

Replies

• Secret_Agent_007
    Options
    Depends on the guy. If he's just a guy that gets along better with chicks, I'm cool with it.

This is me, for the most part. Probably b/c I won't watch hockey on TV.
  • Purecity
    Purecity Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Odd question.

But to answer, no...I dont look at anyones friend list before I add them.
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    I've got about 50 MFP friends, about 47 are women.
    Of the 47, probably 43 have invited me.
    I think this site as a whole is mostly female, so it just goes with the territory.
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    Depends if everything they say on their wall is sexual innuendo and flirting, uh byebye.

same
  • jwhit31
    jwhit31 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I don't look at friends list either, unless I get the impression that the person is a creeper. I'll usually accept the friend request even if I do have that feeling because I try not to judge. If I notice anything creepy, I'll de-friend immediately. We are all here for support so I try to give everyone a fare shake.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    How hot is he?
  • Amysgetnfit
    Options
    I don't look at people's friend list.

This! I just give everyone a chance and then later remove if I must.
    this. I give everyone the benefit of the doubt. Can always show you the door later
  • adrian_indy
    adrian_indy Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    From a man's standpoint, since joining MFP, while I don't know the percentages of male vs. female on this site, I would have to say that women were quicker to add me as their friend and guys aren't generally as talkative on their pages or forums. I have a few guy friends on here now, but it's mostly women I talk to. I even went as far as to put friend requests in the Forums for guys only, but a lot of those dudes just fell off the radar after a couple of weeks.

So I would have to say if you see a guy that has mostly girl friends, at least give him the chance to show whether he is here to be supportive and friendly or if he just wants to talk dirty to chicks all day.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm... well I'm gay so this kind of doesn't apply but if my gf only had female friends I wouldn't get suspicious at all. I trust her with my life. I would be more pissed off is someone was makin the moves on her but I know she would handle it. I'm past all that jealousy bs.
    The question wasn't asking about the person you're dating... just whether you would add that person on MFP.
  • Tinyt123
    Options
    not at all, why would I care who your friends are?
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies, does it bother you, or would it stop you from "friending" a guy on MFP if everybody on his friend list was a female?
    See, I never thought it was creepy until you asked :laugh:
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    I don't care. I'm here for the weight loss portion of it.
  • jenny95662
    jenny95662 Posts: 997 Member
    Options

same

same
  • argharna
    Options
  • WarriorMom2012
    WarriorMom2012 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    It depends on what he looks like.

So if he was ugly, would you accept his FR?

It would depend on what other attributes he would bring to the friendship!
  • Justine13
    Justine13 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Not at all. Girls are very good support friends, Men usually have an easier time talking to women about certain things than other men. You shouldn't judge people you do not yet know. :)
  • DWilbanks
    DWilbanks Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    No I wouldn't judge by the amount of ladies on his friend list. We all "click" with who ever we click with for various reasons. Some women tend to get along better with guys than women, some men get along better with women then guys. I befriend someone mostly for their sense of humor or because I think can help keep me in line with my weight loss.
  • skittybang
    skittybang Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Nope - Some dudes just get along better with chicks. And sexual innuendos? Bring em on. We'll play "who hits delete first." I always win.
  • NashvilleShelley
    Options
    Doesn't bother me to have men friends. They have been more supportive than the females I am friends with.
  • MFPAddict
    MFPAddict Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    I don't have men on my FR because I find them annoying. Has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that I enjoy flirting.