Suggestions for Easy Snacks Under 150 Calories ?

Options
Hi All
Just wondering what you 'snack' on? I am after some suggestions for easy snacks under 150 calories?
Wishing you all every success. Im new here.
Cheers!!:smile:

Replies

• rita27ny
    rita27ny Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    feast on blueberries only .78 calories,carrots,cherry tomatos. cheesy fix try the baby cow herb and garlic only 35 calories. if i want chocolate i drink a protein shake by nature's way metabolic its 130 calories.

hope that helps.
  • jeankh
    jeankh Posts: 68
    Options
    I eat peppers. green, red yellow purple, doesnt matter, I gobbel them all up
  • TwinMumCork
    TwinMumCork Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    The following were recommended to me by my trainer and I find them quite good.

I piece of fruit (e.g. apple, pear, peach etc) and a few nuts (e.g. 5 or so almonds)

two oat cakes/biscuits and a teaspoon of nut good (e.g. peanut butter)
  • mousekin
    mousekin Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    A slice of lean ham wrapped around a celery stick -- salty and crunchy!
  • asaba1013
    Options
    1/2 cup of cottage chesse... cucumbers (so low in calories)... no sugar added applesauce cups, just add a little cinnamon... I often sip on homemade chicken broth, it keeps me full... raw cabbage/spinach with a little bit low calorie dressing! just some of the things I eat for snacks!
  • russelljclarke
    russelljclarke Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I just had an apple and a couple raw mushrooms. Yes, really :)
  • 2dogzrule
    2dogzrule Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    The 100 calorie Nabisco packs are good if you are looking for something sweeter. Carrots are a great snack - they are usually about 35 calories for 3 ounces - if you are eating baby carrots, that is a ton of food! I dip them in Laughing Cow cheese or hommus.
  • Babyblueeyez4O5
    Babyblueeyez4O5 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I like the Fit & Active foods you can get rice cakes that are good and snack cookies that ate 100 calories a pouch.. that also helps when I crave something sweet.
  • randa_behnam
    randa_behnam Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    i fill the groove of a celery stick with philidelphia :o) nom nom
  • driaxx
    driaxx Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    apart from just plain/raw fruits and veggies (which is what I usually go for)

you can melt some cheese over raw capsicum (great alternative to cheese on toast)

no fat greek yogurt mixed with a bit of honey (pour this over strawberries - yum)

microwaved chopped apple with cinnamon

a half-salad sandwich/just a small salad

and by far the most filling: a peeled/microwaved potato cut in half with no fat greek yogurt in the middle
  • losemybabyweight
    losemybabyweight Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    For a salt/junk food fix go for Sensible Portions Sea Salt Potato Straws - you can have 38 for 130 calories and they don't really have that many ingredients (like three-four if I can remember correctly)
  • claire_xox
    claire_xox Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    ...almost everything?

- most fruit is around 100 calories
    - yoghurt around 50 - 70 calories depending on brand
    - bowl of oats about 130 calories
    - weight watches muesli bars (granola) are about 80 calories
    - diet jelly (jello) - one cup is about 7 calories
    - a huge bowl of cous cous is about 150 calories
    - bowl of soup is about 150 calories
    - small fries from McDonalds is 121 calories (i think? roughly that)
    - air popped popcorn - like 70 calories for a cup
    - poached egg on an english muffin 120 calories

etccc
  • NuMe46
    NuMe46 Posts: 128
    Options
    I weigh out half ounce portions of raw almonds into snack bags. 85 calories. Then I enjoy them with a laughing cow wedge for 35 calories. Almonds have a lot of fiber and help keep you full. For a sweet treat, I also eat them with a mini box of raisins - 45 calories.
  • melvac
    melvac Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Apple, Carrots Cheese Sticks celery wit peanut Butter hummus cup of unsewwtened Almond milk. 16 Almonds is 100 cals Orange I drink Zeal Protein with water it's 100 cals. This is Just a few of my favorites:flowerforyou:
  • Rynoman2k3
    Rynoman2k3 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I eat Yoplait Grasshopper Pie 120 Cals.
  • rajivdubey
    rajivdubey Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I will tell u what I eat when I feel like snacking...

1. Black Coffee (completely kills the appetite
    2. Apple (80-90 NEGATIVE calories i.e. body needs more calories to digest apple.
    3. Carrots (extremely low in calories)
    4. Spinach (steamed and salted, served with mashed tomatoes) very low in calories and extremely healthy.
    5. Roasted Chick Peas (should eat one at a time and not fistful)
    6. Roasted Beans
    7. Drink Water....

NEVER have biscuits, chocolates etc.. these are killers!

I am sure you will find the above useful!!
  • snowpony
    snowpony Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    danone fruit yoghurt 100g tub it's 99 calories. I love the blueberry flavour
  • myth4ever
    Options
    usually nature's valley granola bar or fruit and plenty of water!!!
  • _Ben
    _Ben Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    100 cal bagel thin with a thin layer of your favorite topper.

Or one of my favorites, smart pop popcorn. About 100 cals, lots of popcorn
  • olymp1a
    olymp1a Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    Usually my snacks consist of a small fruit (80 calories), a whole weat rusk (30 calories) and a slice of smoked turkey ham (8 calories) or a Laughing Cow low fat cheese triangle (27 calories).

When I want something different I chop peppers or carrots in long batons and acompany them with a tablespoon of extra light mayo or even better with a 2% fat yogurt sauce.