HUMMAS, HMMMM

Options
2»

Replies

• Bllanes
    Options
    I also replace mayo/dressings on my sandwichs and wraps with hummus, use it as a dip for raw veggies, or sometimes I just rip up a whole wheat tortilla and eat it with hummus and pico de gallo......I get sabra roasted garlic or buy it from the farmers market! YUM
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    If you have a trader joes they have really great hummus (chipolte, 3 layer and original). I like mine on baby carrots. It's also good on pita bread with lettuce tomatoe, olives and feta cheese. Still not so fattening. Good luck!

Mmmm :love: Trader Joe's Edamame Hummus = Yummus:tongue: I did try the 3 layer at TJ's but it just wasn't for me so I took it back and have purchased the Edamame's from then on.

Though I do like the sound of "Sabra Artichoke and Spinach Hummus" another poster shared they enjoy, I may have to give that a try!! I've fallen in :love: with Artichoke anything! Artichoke pizza, tossed on my salads.. I'm always looking for new ideas...feel free to share with me!:flowerforyou:

ETA: I typically eat Hummus with raw veggies or homemade Pita chips but have never used it for spread... definitely going to try that out..SOON! :wink: The idea of a veggie sandwich using hummus as a spread also appeals to me, thanks for the suggestion from an earlier post!
  • CannibalisticVegetarian
    Options
    I usually use mines as a spread for low-cal wraps, or use them as a dip for my garden vegetable wheat thin crackers.
    So far I've only had the garlic roasted, or the classic. Has anybody tried the pine nut and roasted red pepper? How are they?
  • cutezombiedoll
    Options
    I like dipping slices of bell peppers or cucumbers in mine. That or I spread it on an arnold sandwich thin.
  • Bllanes
    Options
    I don't care for the roasted red pepper it has an odd aftertaste.........I tried the roasted pine nut today and it was yummers :)
  • rockstarginaa
    rockstarginaa Posts: 1,529 Member
    Options
    I love Sabra Hummus. Maybe it's the brand of hummus you are eating? I'm very picky with hummus.
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    I've been eating it on my sandwiches and wraps as a replacement of mayo! There are many different kinds, sun-dried tomato is my favorite.
    I use it instead of mayo all the time-- particularly when I'm going out into the field with my lunch crammed in my backpack and don't really trust mayo after 4 hours!

I also love it with celery and carrot sticks!
  • crzyone
    crzyone Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    I haven't found any at Walmart that I like.
  • julespickles
    julespickles Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I love hoummous, I have it in a wrap with rocket (arugula?) for my lunch most days. Tescos (UK) sell a reduced fat version, and I can't tell the difference from the full fat one :)
  • BSWC
    BSWC Posts: 10 Member
    Options

I love it with whole wheat honey pita that I've torn in half and popped in the toaster or it's really good on Wasa crispbread too. Veggies make a nice side dish for it, but I have to have some kind of whole grain item for the actual dipping part.

I work for Wasa. Have you tried the crispbreads with hummus and cucumbers? That recipe is a personal favorite of mine! On the Wasa Facebook page you can .75 cents off your Wasa purchase. I hope this helps.
  • sewerchick93
    sewerchick93 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    I love hummus with pita chips or on a toasted bagel instead of cream cheese. My favorite is the roasted red peppers.
  • p_funk
    p_funk Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    My favorite thing ti eat it with is probably Wheat Thins. Pita chips are also very good with them.
  • Rosepetals11
    Rosepetals11 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    It's really good with chicken!
  • kaetra
    kaetra Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I work for Wasa. Have you tried the crispbreads with hummus and cucumbers? That recipe is a personal favorite of mine! On the Wasa Facebook page you can .75 cents off your Wasa purchase. I hope this helps.

Hey! Thanks!@ I love Wasa and I eat it with all kinds of things, they're delicious!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I love hoummous, I have it in a wrap with rocket (arugula?) for my lunch most days. Tescos (UK) sell a reduced fat version, and I can't tell the difference from the full fat one :)

Tradionally hummus is made with olive oil, which is very healthy. Sabra, which is very popular, is made with canola and/or soybean oil which still also pretty healthy. It makes me wonder what they are replacing these healthy fats with in the low fat version.
  • Laura_Ivy
    Laura_Ivy Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Oh,I love,love,love me some hummus! The store I usually get it from has either the oasis,athenos or tribe brand. My favorite flavor was the cilantro and jalapeno hummus. So yummy with veggies and warm wheat pita bread.
  • DANCERPURPLE
    DANCERPURPLE Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • BSWC
    BSWC Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    @kaetra- Glad you like Wasa. Great and great for you, that what I say!
  • kaetra
    kaetra Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    @kaetra- Glad you like Wasa. Great and great for you, that what I say!

I never have fewer than two packages in my cupboard, once one is empty I go buy another. My kid loves them too! Crunchy, great texture and flavor! After I open the package I put it in a giant zip loc bag which works out great for storage too. Keeps them super fresh and crispy!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    It's REALLY good on Flatout Multigrain chips. I like the Sabra brand most and my favorite is roasted red pepper.