what if you went to the gym and saw...

Options

Replies

• mandasimba
    mandasimba Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I had to bring this up as, today, I saw that they still sell walkmen and diskmen at Target. Maybe that guy isn't behind the times, but at the head of the pack bringing back the retro vibe.
  • kgraham101
    kgraham101 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I don't see the problem or get the joke. Either he doesn't care about fads, techno gadgets, and wasting money or he simply doesn't have money. However, he is playing what he likes to work out to and getting the job done. I say cheers to him and rock on for not giving a freakin crap. :drinker:

This
  • Classalete
    Classalete Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    I am jelly. That's 12-17 tracks of pure baller music.
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    i would love to know the reason. if its money that makes sense. otherwise it seems silly. that thing is so bulky and it has to get in the way at times. my tiny shuffle gets in the way sometimes.
  • leethecuz
    Options
    You guys have inspired me, Im gonna strap my bad 80's ghetto blaster to my back with duct tape :laugh: next time Im lifting. :laugh: I can't believe it still works. On a side note at least things were built to last in those days, I got my iphone on a three year contract and it only had a year guarantee on it (I should have read the contract better) and sure enough after 14 months it clapped out. Its more economical for companies to make stuff that has a shorter life so you have to buy parts or worse like I had to, an entire new product.
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    i could care less
  • CannibalisticVegetarian
    Options
    It's been such a long time since I've seen one of those bad boys.
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    LOL! That's so epic. I remember feeling SO COOL when I brought one to school and would listen to it on the bus. Brings back awesome memories!

There is NOTHING wrong with taking a pic of something nostalgic and totally out of place! It does nothing to harm his ego/well being... and the environment has seen worse I'm sure.

Thanks for the laugh. :wink:
  • leafstucker16
    leafstucker16 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I had a chuckle when I saw it, brings me back lol...some people here seem to be way to uptight though and can`t find humor in anything
  • coyoteo
    coyoteo Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    LMAO, I was cleaning the other day, and came across that exact carrying case in my office. I looked at it....and realized it is pretty much useless. Maybe I should send it to that guy.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,695 Member
    Options
    I laugh at people with IPODS and MP3 players who refuse to put them in a holder on their belt or arm, then jump on the treadmill or elliptical only to have the unit fall and either shoot across the floor or fall underneath the machine. And they still come back the next day and go through the same thing!!!!
  • hoppinglark
    hoppinglark Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Honestly I would give this guy 2 thumbs up!!!
    It is great that he has a confidence to use a discman out of public. Also lets face it is much better for the environment if we do not buy a new gadget every couple of years for the exact freaking purpose: listening to music.

+1

I have the panasonic that came with the hand strap so you could hold it while running...never did use it like that though...
  • BloomingLily
    BloomingLily Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I don't see the problem or get the joke. Either he doesn't care about fads, techno gadgets, and wasting money or he simply doesn't have money. However, he is playing what he likes to work out to and getting the job done. I say cheers to him and rock on for not giving a freakin crap. :drinker:
    That's right!! Nothing positive comes out of making fun of him.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    hahaha oh i remember when i'd carry my discman around 9th grade! I even brought my CDs to class and would change them out.
  • killerqueen17
    killerqueen17 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    hahaha oh i remember when i'd carry my discman around 9th grade! I even brought my CDs to class and would change them out.

Shoot, I didn't even HAVE a discman until halfway through 10th grade... I had a walkman cassette player until 2002 or 2003!! I would hide it in my backpack with only the headphones coming out so nobody could tell, I was so embarassed!!

And I'm not very old either-- haha :wink: I was always a little behind the times growing up, as far as technology was concerned, since money was tight... though we did get a PC wayyyy back in '96!!

Go figure... a PC in '96 but no discman until 2002... :ohwell:
  • calibri
    calibri Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I loved my Discman; it fell from a 3 story lab, had been run over by a golf cart, thrown down a flight of stairs, and still worked flawlessly. My sister borrowed it one weekend and broke the lid off. :sad:
  • 3GKnight
    3GKnight Posts: 203
    Options
    I miss those! I remember when they came out with the anti-skip feature...if you had that Discman you were the best!

Ha! I had one of those. They went through batteries crazy fast.
  • 3GKnight
    3GKnight Posts: 203
    Options

Pretty sure it's just a nostalgia trip for most of us.
  • killerqueen17
    killerqueen17 Posts: 536 Member
    Options

I don't recall anyone making fun... just saying WOW remember those?? and speculating on how it still works and/or why he would choose to use it... :bigsmile:

haven't yet seen anything mean-spirited though!
  • seventwenty
    seventwenty Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    This guy is my new hero

Haters_Gonna_Hate_15.jpg