Women-Question

Options

Replies

• poumpoum369
    poumpoum369 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I agree. It happens every month and not only that, i gain a couple pounds during ovulation as well. Argg, the joys of being a woman. It always goes back to normal after a couple days though:-)
  • olymp1a
    olymp1a Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    Yes and this is water detention. Ever since I started my diet with the help of a nutricionist I get weight-in every week on Friday. If I am at these specific days he doesn't even bother to weigh me since results are not correct. We skip the weigh in and wait for the next Friday instead.

Hope this was helpful.
  • inspirem
    inspirem Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    most definitely yes...1 to 3 pounds a day or two before I start!
  • ratherbeskiing
    ratherbeskiing Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    yes, like now. stupid. I feel like crap. bloated fat.ick. (not to offend anyone it is just how I feel)
  • inspirem
    Options
    Around ovulation time too! 1-2 pounds!
  • polkataniec
    Options
    We all do, but the reward is the after when I drop like 5,6 pounds instantly! The three weeks after are always my favorite:laugh:
  • inspirem
    Options
    yes, like now. stupid. I feel like crap. bloated fat.ick. (not to offend anyone it is just how I feel)

So true, I understand...just finished and just in time for my weigh-in tomorrow!
  • peacheywoo
    peacheywoo Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Oh yes!!!

And the cravings for crap food are a killer!
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Watch your sodium intake, and drink lots of water. Also, celery is a natural diuretic and very low cal so eat two to three stalks of celery per day when you are feeling bloated.
  • Alexabarocas
    Options
    I had a plateau that lasted four weeks because of my period. I was so updset. Luckily, I didn't gain weight but I maintained for all that time. If I were you, I'd drink a lot more water to try and get rid of some of the water weig you probably have.
  • olymp1a
    olymp1a Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options

So true, I understand...just finished and just in time for my weigh-in tomorrow!

I Understand you too... most of the times I am so bloated and feel so bad about it that words can't even explain. Luckily it's only 4-5 days.
  • smblakely
    Options
    Thank y'all so much!
  • Ameaks
    Ameaks Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    This is a comforting thread. When I'm on in always gain and I'm SUPER hungry. It really stinks because when I see the numbers go up I get discouraged and make bad choices.
  • robinogue
    robinogue Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options

I'm not offended this is exactly how I feel when it's that time of the month :cry:
  • Mom2M_and_O
    Options
    Yep -- I am up a full two pounds just since Monday. The best part of this kind of weight gain, though? It's not real, it just feels like it. LOL
  • jess_blonde
    jess_blonde Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Yep. Put on two pounds this month. Thankfully it was all water and it's gone again! Lots of people bloat during (or just before) their period, I've heard of some people putting on upwards of five pounds! Best advice is to drink extra water, avoid sodium and stick to your diet and exercise plan, it will all come back off soon!
  • jaitken_22
    jaitken_22 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I most of the time weigh slightly heavier, but it all balances out afterwards. If I feel really bloated, I take it easy on the exercise and try my best not to eat the rubbish my body craves during that time. That doesn't always happen!
  • meganmorsey
    Options
    Not only do I hold onto a little extra weight during that time of the month, I also hold onto a pound or two around ovulation time. Isn't womanhood wonderful? *read sarcasm*

Me too! I'm glad you said that because I was wondering if holding on to a pound or two during ovulation is common as well. So it seems like I should only weigh myself right after my period and then again 4 to 5 days after ovulation so I can at least get a true weight twice a month!
  • swtgrl42
    swtgrl42 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Every month, like clockwork. And always when I am hoping for a loss. :sad:
  • jenna25
    jenna25 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I was supposed to weigh in today but my time of the month started yesterday so i decided not to because i know i will get discouraged and be even more tempted to eat whatever i want. It is comforting knowing other women feel the same way, I am really trying to stay focused and not give into my cravings of wanting to eat everything in sight! It will be over in a couple days...