STARS 9 WEEK CHALLENGE (CLOSE GROUP) FINAL WEEK

Options

Replies

• MamaDee2
    MamaDee2 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Wednesday Nov. 16 QOTD: Do you drink caffeinated beverages? Why or why not? Do you feel like it helps or hinders your weight loss or neither?
    Well I have given up soft drinks MANY times and am currently on my second day of stopping AGAIN! I do think in my case it does hamper my weight loss. I think the sodium blows my up and the artifical sweetner not omly triggers headaches but triggers my sweet tooth. Soft drinks MOST of the time are decaf but I do usually treat myself to a skinny Starbucks drink once a week.
  • legacysh
    legacysh Posts: 464
    Options
    Wednesday Nov. 16 QOTD: Do you drink caffeinated beverages? Why or why not? Do you feel like it helps or hinders your weight loss or neither?

I do, not because I like them, if there is a non caffeinated option, I do try to pick it. Since being diagnosed with diabetes ages ago, I had to give up a huge juice habit. At the time I swapped to diet soda and most of those have caffeine. Last May, I decided to cut pretty much everything out of my diet that wasn't water or propel. I noticed a weight loss within the first week. I did this for about a month, but I am not a good water drinker. So it did not last.
  • jnell82
    jnell82 Posts: 136
    Options

I drink caffeine once a day, in the morning. Sicne I have started this journey I have had one major drawback and that is Pepsi. I honestly feel it is the caffeine, though. I will usually do goos for a few day, have my horrible caffeine headaches (because that is truly the ONLY caffeine I get), and after about 4 or 5 days I am drinking it again. I know that Diet Pepsi is a lower calorie option, but I know to optimize weight loss NO Pepsi is the best Pepsi. So, for the past couple of weeks I have been drinking a cup of hot green tea in the morning, and then a decaffinated cup of hot green tea in the evening. I think that the green tea is helping my weight loss, but I have been told that caffeine hinders it. I have noticed, though, that I sleep much better at night limiting myself to just the small amount in the morning, and I am not craving that Pepsi anymore. I think it can be alright in moderation, just like everything else. I am hoping to eventually work up to no caffeine, but I am not in a big hurry.

Challenge = done!
  • starsnyc21
    starsnyc21 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    QOTD 11/17/11 - Please share with the group a funny joke, quote or embarassing story about dieting.

I found this and thought it too funny:laugh: . Hope everyone is having an awesome day.

6355408311_f94498b047.jpg
    image4-e24bb47d49960a9212dcf9387d22066f by starsnyc21, on Flickr
  • legacysh
    legacysh Posts: 464
    Options
    QOTD 11/17/11 - Please share with the group a funny joke, quote or embarassing story about dieting.

Oh I am so bad with jokes. Here goes!

DIET PILLS"I'm prescribing these pills for you," said the doctor to the overweight patient, who tipped the scales at about three hundred pounds. "I don't want you to swallow them. Just spill them on the floor twice a day and pick them up, one at a time...."
  • KatrinaG2012
    KatrinaG2012 Posts: 359 Member
    Options

I go through phases. Most of the time I drink only water or unsweetened macha tea which I log as water. In the fall and winter I really enjoy a couple of cups of coffee in the morning some days. Depends on my mood and how radical my schedule is for that day. I don't typically do soft drinks though I confess to loving diet Mt. Dew which I think is full of caffeine. I may have 2 or 3 a month and sometimes not that much. There are mornings when I feel that the coffee give me the little extra energy I need to fit some excercise into a busy day so in that regard I would see, yes it helps. Additionally I am discovering I am doing better without eating a big breakfast and my green drink and a hot coffee or tea keep me satisfied until I get genuinely hungry. Wish I had started doing THAT 8 weeks ago:) Ha, live and learn!
  • sboo
    sboo Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    QOTD 11-15

What was your goal at the start of this challenge and do you feel you've gotten there?

I didn't really have a goal; I just wanted to lose as much as possible. I have lost over 13 pounds since the start of this challenge, so I am pleased.

No, I do not drink caffeinated beverages. I stick to water, and teas (caffeine free) mostly.
    I don’t think caffeine affects me much at all, I just don’t care for it.
  • getitamb
    getitamb Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options

“Food is like sex: when you abstain, even the worst stuff begins to look good.” -Beth McCollister
  • shydaisi
    shydaisi Posts: 833 Member
    Options

“Food is like sex: when you abstain, even the worst stuff begins to look good.” -Beth McCollister

This is hilarious!!
  • jnell82
    jnell82 Posts: 136
    Options
    QOTD 11/17/11 - Please share with the group a funny joke, quote or embarassing story about dieting

Having lost weight over the past few years, a lady was discarding things from her wardrobe that no longer fit.

Her seven-year-old niece was watching as she held up a huge pair of slacks.

"Wow," the lady said, "I must have worn these when I was 183."

Her niece looked puzzled, then asked, "How old are you now?"
  • sboo
    Options
    QOTD 11/17/11 - Please share with the group a funny joke, quote or embarassing story about dieting

Having lost weight over the past few years, a lady was discarding things from her wardrobe that no longer fit.

Her seven-year-old niece was watching as she held up a huge pair of slacks.

"Wow," the lady said, "I must have worn these when I was 183."

Her niece looked puzzled, then asked, "How old are you now?"

LOL
  • sboo
    Options

:)
  • starsnyc21
    Options
    funny jokes so far:laugh:
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options

Saw this on someone's avatar (paraphrasing):

"People think its every woman's dream to find the perfect man..... but the dream is really to eat anything without getting fat"
  • DarleneMedeiros
    Options
    QOTD 11/20/11 - Do you take supplements on a daily basis? Do you find it helps or hinders your weight lose goal?

Just like weight lose, sometimes I am on again and sometimes I am off again. When I am on, I take calcium, vitamin D, Magnesium, and Omega 3. For some reason, I find that if i take my supplements, I excercise more, eat and sleep better. My doctor calls it "expensive urine".
  • shydaisi
    shydaisi Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    QOTD 11/20/11 - Do you take supplements on a daily basis? Do you find it helps or hinders your weight lose goal?

I don't take any supplements. I work to eat a balanced diet as often as possible. But really, I just have a hard time taking something on a regular basis (vitamins, medicine, birth control, etc.). I just don't have the discipline to do it. However, I don't feel it has impeded my progress as I have generally met and exceeded my goals throughout my journey so far!
  • MamaDee2
    MamaDee2 Posts: 843 Member
    Options

Me too - A with weight loss, I am on again; off again. When I am on, I take a multi vitamin, calcium, vitamin D, Magnesium, and Omega 3. For some reason, I rememeber to take them. Good thing I don't rely on BC pills or I would have a herd!!
  • sboo
    Options

Yes, I try. When I take them I do think they help me. Even if I find myself cheating, I find I still can lose weight. It's like I never ordered pizza and hot wings. I know, sad. But, this is my cheat food.
  • starsnyc21
    Options

Yes, I take vitafusion Multivites. I don't taky anything else. I think they help me lose weight.
  • MFPSTARSCHALLENGE
    Options
    ALL LADIES, PLEASE RE-ENTER YOUR FINAL WEIGHT IN THE OFFICIAL WEIGH-IN FORM. PLEASE COMPLETE BY TOMORROW AT NOON. THANKS