How Often Do You Record Your Weight On The Ticker?

Options
2»

Replies

• toasterlisa
    toasterlisa Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Hi Kimbers,

I weigh in almost every day, because then I know right away if I need to make adjustments to food or exercise. I record a weigh in here twice a week .... more often if I've lost even 1/2 a pound!

Best wishes on your health and wellness journey! :flowerforyou:
  • RisyaLifsheTova
    RisyaLifsheTova Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I only put my weight in ONCE a week. Every Sunday after my official weigh in. Through out the week your weight flutiates, so to do it once a week at the same time is the best way to go. Its more consistant
  • SinIsIn
    SinIsIn Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    I force myself to weigh in every 2 weeks. If I start focusing on the number on the scale every week and see that it does not move.. I will get discouraged.
    Instead I focus on my workout schedule through out the week and worry about weighing later.
  • lupa01
    lupa01 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I have only been on MFP since October 1, and have weighed in and logged my ticker only once, on October 29th. I plan to weigh myself once a month, and that will be the last Saturday of every month. I have no desire to see fluctuations throughout the month because, for me, it can be very psychological, and I don't need that.lol I like to see the end result after I've gone through all the ups and downs throughout the month.:-)
  • 4thehardman
    4thehardman Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    Ha ha! I was just thinking about this today"I log it everytime it goes down nomatter how smll the amount is. I also change it if it goes up by more than 2 lbs.
  • Somiac
    Somiac Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I just started working out, my weight kept fluctuating these past couple days o_o I decided to just do once a week where there will actually (hopefully) be some difference...haha
  • stephyy4632
    stephyy4632 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    normaly once a week but sometimese if there is a good loss mid week I will track it :)
  • cheri0627
    cheri0627 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I generally do it once a week.

This week, however, was an exception. I was traveling this weekend by car, and I really wasn't drinking my water like I should have. I weighed myself the day after I got back, and then again two days later, just to see if there was a difference There was -- a whole 2lbs difference.
  • cpow81
    cpow81 Posts: 114
    Options
    I weigh in and update my ticker once per week. My weigh in day is Wednesday, however I do jump on the scale throughout the week just to check where I am.

I am 3lbs away from maintenance and at that point I will probably weigh in every 2 weeks.
  • ValeriChristine
    ValeriChristine Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I record twice a month. I try not to get on the scale more than that because I want it to be more of a lifestyel change than what the scale says. When I started it was once a month, but I decided that was too long of a wait. I will occasionally step on it more than twice a week, but I only record on the 1st and 15th of each month.
  • akjstyles
    akjstyles Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I sometimes get on the scale daily, just to see. I only do one "official" weigh in though that I record, every Wednesday, first thing in the morning.
  • GretchenReine
    GretchenReine Posts: 1,427 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every day to keep my mindset where it needs to be. I only record my weight on Monday and I record it whether it is a loss or gain. I have been seeing regular differences in my scale as well but I enjoy those daily triumphs personally. Every Monday I post my weight and if it's a significant weekly loss then I can celebrate even more. I always know how it's going throughout the week though!
  • bllowry
    bllowry Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I update my ticker if I've lost half a pound or more. I weigh daily and track it, along with my blood sugar readings. MY RD and I are still tweaking my dietary carbs so I can get off all my meds without having sugar drops or spikes. Since one's body does a sugar 'dump' about 3:00 am I've discovered in my charting that eating the majority of my whole grain carbs in the first half of the day and upping my fiber intake really stabilized my morning sugar numbers; they're rarely over 100 now. And the weight is dropping about half a pound every 4-5 days as a result, which is pleasing.
  • juliesummers
    juliesummers Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Every time I lose a pound.
    ^ This
  • nicehormones
    nicehormones Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    I record my weight every Friday at 9:30am, whether I've lost or not.
  • Mickyboo1
    Options
    I record once a week. I use my Weight Watcher weight. I weigh in on Sat mornings.
    I do weigh myself a few times through out the week to see how Im doing.
  • Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options
    Once or twice a month if I remember. I realized i was dropping weight when I went to the doctor's office over a 2 month period the scale said 219, next visit 213 visit after 208. That's when I rememberd hey I should record this or something