I just ate moldy bread...am I going to DIE?!

Okay, I don't think I am actually going to die.

I just ate 1/2 of pita, and upon looking at the second 1/2, discovered it is moldy.

I searched online a little, but just wondering what (if any) gastrointestinal side effects I may be seeing and for how long.

Most of all, yuck.

Replies

• skierxjes
    skierxjes Posts: 926 Member
    You're fine. People eat blue cheese all the time. What do you think the blue is?
  • if anything it might upset your stomach. Try eatting an apple to help diguest it.
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,519 Member
    Yes.

Because of the grains.
  • You'll be fine. You're not going to get ill but I guarantee you'll check more carefully in future :laugh: I done that once and now I check EVERY piece of bread in detail even if its only a day old :happy:
  • Think of it this way, you just received a very cheap dose of penicillin...in a manner of speaking. =)
  • Vaanja
    Vaanja Posts: 163 Member
    Was it rye? You could be in for an interesting afternoon xD
  • femmerides
    femmerides Posts: 843 Member
    lol. nope. moldy bread was a regular when i was a kid because we were poor and the bread was given to us. you won't die. it doesn't taste all that great but it's still okay.
  • Laurayinz
    Laurayinz Posts: 929 Member
    only if you're allergic to penicillin
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    People eat mold on purpose. You're fine.
  • squishycow7
    squishycow7 Posts: 820 Member
    you'll be a-okay

I've unfortunately done it before.... so besides any psychologically induced nausea, no worries:)
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    fine!
  • Hurry take HCG it like super woman prego pee!!!!!
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,228 Member
    The mold that grows on bread is used to make penicillin. You didn't even eat the moldy part. You should be fine. Just wondering though... didn't it taste a little funny?
  • goron59
    goron59 Posts: 890 Member
    You're definitely going to die. Maybe not for 75 years, but death is a certainty.
  • bruthacuervo
    bruthacuervo Posts: 52 Member
    Only if it had fructose syrup on it. That stuff is poison. I know because i saw it on the internet.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Yes, you are going to die. Eventually.
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    It was nice knowing you!
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Sorry, you are done for.

No, actually, I ate a whole piece of green bread without realizing it and had no effects at all. I wouldn't expect it to harm you.
  • What do you think Penecillin is??
  • Montco_cancel
    Montco_cancel Posts: 74 Member
    Probably. Better go start making funeral arrangements!