PunkinHeadsMOMMA Posts: 306
edited September 19 in Motivation and Support
Hello all! Good Morning:happy:
Here's to a new week, yah I'm so excited!:drinker: :laugh:

Replies

• Hello all! Good Morning:happy:
    Here's to a new week, yah I'm so excited!:drinker: :laugh:
  • :happy:
  • Ok so does everyone just want to continue with the running challenge or should we do something else? Ideas anyone? Something anyone needs help with?

Oh yes and the quote for a new week. This one really kinda kicked me in the butt when I read it.......

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it's dressed in overalls and looks like work."
    Thomas Edison

Let's not miss our opportunity at a healthy life with friends and family just because it hurts and we have to work at it every day!:happy:
  • That is a great quote! And is so true!
  • MissResa
    MissResa Posts: 1,147 Member
    Ok so does everyone just want to continue with the running challenge or should we do something else? Ideas anyone? Something anyone needs help with?

Oh yes and the quote for a new week. This one really kinda kicked me in the butt when I read it.......

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it's dressed in overalls and looks like work."
    Thomas Edison

Let's not miss our opportunity at a healthy life with friends and family just because it hurts and we have to work at it every day!:happy:

I LOVE this quote, Kacee! I'll be back soon to post my weight... Hopefully it'll be a loss!
  • pepamint83
    pepamint83 Posts: 444 Member
    Good morning, and in case I don't see ya, good afternoon, good evening, and good night!

so im not weighing in for another 2 weeks but i did an amazing walk today and im trying to think of a new challenge for all but all i can think of is try something new that u havent done yet like a new excercise or new healthy food. yeah i know maybe its being back in school.

kacee dont think i didnt notice :wink:
  • Oh yeah btw - I'm +2 pounds, not all that surprising considering the week. Plus AF is coming, yeah. Oh well, like I said I'm glad it's a new week. I think I found some of my mojo again. I was watching "what not to wear" and thought, I want cute small clothes for the summer....so there was a bit of my motivation back. Actually, my lo is almost asleep for her nap, so the sun is shining and I think I'll go for a run/walk.:happy:

Ari -- the funny thing is I started the thread before I saw your post from yesterday. I was thinking of you when I put it up there. I was just going to put it in the post, but remembered you wanted to see it in the topic title. Just for you.:laugh:
  • MissResa
    Okay, down one more pound... I am very happy, even if it is a small loss, because my goal was to lose 20 by May! ALMOST THERE!!! Off to take a walk with my little one-I'm going to be enjoying the sunshine while I can!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    drum roll please....................

three pounds lost! I hit the 30 Lb mark, and I am no longer obese, just overweight!!!!!:love:

WOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Oh yeah!!!!

Haven't run a step, still afraid of the sore ankle flaring back up, wanna let it heal completely before I start up again, so as not to drag it on longer than it has to...

BUT in the face of all this good news, who cares?
  • kimlee
    kimlee Posts: 79 Member
    Hello everyone! Hope you are all having a great day. Not much happening in my world today - eating has been pretty good. I have a training run scheduled for later tonight with my hubby, so that should burn some major calories.
  • Good job everyone so far!
    Lucky Lep -- the whole world wants to know....how does it feel to not be obese?:laugh: :laugh: Good for you chica!

Resa -- so here's my attempt.....
    Breakfast -- light yogurt and grape nuts
    Lunch -- salad with low-fat dressing, salami slices and cheese
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    wooooooooooohoooooooooooo

I believe James Brown said it best..

I feel goood! I knew that I would!
    I feeeeeeeeeeeel good!
    So good! So good!

I can't even describe it. It definitely puts a spring in my step and a sparkle in my eye. I look in every mirror. I'm going to be an insufferable narcissist by the time I finish losing:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • thompsons81702
    thompsons81702 Posts: 293 Member
    I am down 1 lb this week! There are several challenges that we could do. drink water, no weighing all week, post a healthy reciepe to share, post your food all day, eat all your calories!!!!!, I am sure I can think of some more if you give me some time.
  • thompsons81702
    thompsons81702 Posts: 293 Member
    Also I am excited to say that I have lost 40 pounds 15 weeks! I hope to be at 175 by June when we go home to vist. I am at 183 right now. I also am working on my abs major time. I have the Jillian Michaels "No More Trouble Zone" DVD and it is so good but a killer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • missmez
    missmez Posts: 104
    I didn't weigh myself today and I am so full right now - only cuz I just finished dinner - chicken breast (on the bbq yay!), peas and carrots and some rice. I may skip the weigh in this week since I got my 30 day shred in the mail today :bigsmile: I'm going to start that come the weekend, so I'll weigh the day I start and go from there.... hmmm, or should I wait until next Tuesday to start? Then I have all weekend to prepare - mentally, emotionally and not to mention clean up the basement where I will be doing the workout.

Anyway, when i weigh in I will let you know! Thompsons, congrats on your milestone 40lb loss! That's so awesome for you! You look amazing my friend!

:heart:
  • pepamint83
    pepamint83 Posts: 444 Member
    Ari -- the funny thing is I started the thread before I saw your post from yesterday. I was thinking of you when I put it up there. I was just going to put it in the post, but remembered you wanted to see it in the topic title. Just for you.:laugh:

dont worry about the 2 pounds kace trust me i get it thats why im taking a two week weigh in break ok well a month but i will weigh in soon and scared more then ever that i have gained.

thanks for putting the 14 in the title it makes me proud and happy to share with everyone our small successes

congrats every1 else on success lucky im jealous 3 pounds and u hit one goal so great.

i may move my goal to my birthday but im still hopig to look good for june 1 lol
  • MissResa
    It was so busy today, I'm so sorry that I didn't post more! Okay first thing's first...

Christine and Lucky-you two are awesome! I am so happy for the two of you... Reaching your weight loss amounts must feel incredible!

Ari-You are my rock! Any time that I feel like I'm slacking, I think of my little snail walking around in NYC and I get my butt into gear!

Kaycee-I just have to say that I am soooo happy that you're back. This thread wasn't the same without our fearless leader in charge!

Anyone else I didn't include, I'm soooo sorry, and I'll make it up to you tomorrow!

Okay, for my meals today, I had:
    bagel w/ lowfat cream cheese
    subway 6inch sandwich, sunchips
    1 cup of rice, and home made curry
    Recovery shake after working out...

I burned 747 calories today with exercise, so my deficit is 600+ calories. Typing that makes me want to go have a piece of fruit and cheese, or maybe some peanut butter, except it's like 12:10 here! I'm off to BED! Hope everyone has a great night/morning/day!
  • kimlee
    Good morning everyone! I hope you had a great night last night. It is a beautiful day here and I am feeling quite energetic. Hubby had to work late last night, so he was unable to run with me. But I still managed to log a 30 minute run on my treadmill. The only downside is my left knee is kind of achey this morning.

I just finished up breakfast - a bowl of oats and honey cereal. And now I am off to work. I'll check in with you all later!
  • Ok so i didn't make it outside when I wanted yesterday. I had to wait till the munchkin woke up and then drag out the stroller and take her with me. It was nice though and I walked farther and longer than I would have if I was alone, so that's good. I think today I might load up the stroller in the 4-wheeler and just go straight to walking on the road. Our driveway is very bumpy and rutted, so it took me almost 20 minutes just to get to the road. :noway:
    Breakfast was the same as usual : Light Yogurt and Grape Nuts, and Coffee of course:laugh:
    Well I should go because I'm looking out my window and I have a horse in my front yard:laugh: :laugh:
  • kimlee
    PM - A horse in your front yard...am I to assume you live in the "country"?

I do and near a dairy, so it is not any suprise to find cows in my yard at any given time.
This discussion has been closed.