Ice Cream!

Options
I can't find it anywhere in search related to my question.

I was told,, calories is calories, no matter what you eat, as long you are within your goal. Weil, I do like ice cream and it's only 150 calores for 4 oz (half cup).. when I mentioned it the other day, someone said DON'T... Boy,, I thought I am free to choose my own treat if I want it as long I stay under my goal,,

Your thought?

Replies

• kel7298
    kel7298 Posts: 1,542 Member
    Options
    I agree...BUT can you stop at just 1/2 cup?
  • ashnm88
    ashnm88 Posts: 748
    Options
    I have ice cream. I get the nestle mini drumsticks.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Yep, log it and you're good to go.
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    Yes you can eat anything, they key is moderation, are you really going to go forever without eating stuff you like?
  • spottedlee
    Options
    I agree...BUT can you stop at just 1/2 cup?
    Sometimes, but i still stay within goal :bigsmile:
  • spottedlee
    Options
    Yes you can eat anything, they key is moderation, are you really going to go forever without eating stuff you like?
    EXACTLY!
  • seven8seven
    seven8seven Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    You sure are free to choose whatever the HLL you wanna eat! Just because you're on a diet doesn't mean you have to give up everything and stop eating things you enjoy. Just focus on portion control and being within your calories. A treat here and there doesn't hurt! If you feel bad about eating it after just burn it off =)
  • MomOfRose
    MomOfRose Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Calories are calories, plain and simple. I saw a news article on a professor who lost weight with junk food. Attaching the link: http://www.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/11/08/twinkie.diet.professor/index.html
  • ckclontz
    Options
    You absolutely can have it. It's always good to treat yourself once in a while! Just remember to log it, and enjoy every bite!

Good luck and good health!
  • kristilovescake
    kristilovescake Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Psh I eat sweets way too often to count and I've lost around 14 pounds so far

I love sweets and if you can keep them in your calorie goal, go for it.

I ate tons of halloween candy and managed to lose a pound that week since I exercised more and ate less other foods.

Do what works for YOU!
  • pelleld
    pelleld Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I started here in Feb with an original goal to lose the 10 pounds I gained since retiring. I'm now down 28 pounds and have NEVER felt better. I ate a small dish of ice-cream EVERY night while I was losing. I was very conscious of the portion size, and eat the light kind, but I budgeted my calories to have that as my evening snack because I love it so much.
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    If you want the ice cream, (or whatever, really) and it fits, ENJOY!
  • Clever_Girl
    Options
    Your thought?

Man i'm only allowed one? Okay, I better choose wisely.

Eat and enjoy it in moderation.
  • Karen19_91
    Karen19_91 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I don't know. I used to feel the same way. calories are calories. but I'm not so sure any more.. I love ice cream. more that any food in the WORLD haha. but fruits are high in calories too. and for some reason if i had pineapples and grapes, i still somehow feel better off than a cup of cookie dough ice cream. I eat skinny cow ice-cream just to be on the safe side. but i do think eating stuff that is generally not good for your body can hinder weight loss. like if i substituted ice cream for all my meals in a week and stayed under my calorie goal ..i think i would still gain weight. whereas if i substituted fruits for all of my calories and went over my daily calorie intake I would still lose weight..i could be totally wrong though. shrugs* my thing is if im gunna eat it im gunna enjoy it!!!. lol-good luck!
  • kateroot
    kateroot Posts: 435
    Options
    I've been known to save half my daily calories for ice cream, on occasion.

Not that I think that's the best course of action.. but I've never regretted it!
  • IDontLikeRegistering
    Options
    It's YOUR diet. Ignore the haters. They're just jealous that they're not getting any ice cream.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    I don't know. I used to feel the same way. calories are calories. but I'm not so sure any more.. I love ice cream. more that any food in the WORLD haha. but fruits are high in calories too. and for some reason if i had pineapples and grapes, i still somehow feel better off than a cup of cookie dough ice cream. I eat skinny cow ice-cream just to be on the safe side. but i do think eating stuff that is generally not good for your body can hinder weight loss. like if i substituted ice cream for all my meals in a week and stayed under my calorie goal ..i think i would still gain weight. whereas if i substituted fruits for all of my calories and went over my daily calorie intake I would still lose weight..i could be totally wrong though. shrugs* my thing is if im gunna eat it im gunna enjoy it!!!. lol-good luck!
    You would still lose weight, you'd just be unhealthy. But we aren't talking about a whole ice-cream diet, just a half cup. It's not going to hurt anything.
  • jcb1958
    jcb1958 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I solved the problem with frozen Chocolate Fudge Sticks, Great Value brand from WalMart. Not sugar free because I can't handle any of the "itol" sweeteners usually used in SF items. Warning - the WFP database has 2 entries for this. The 1st one is correct - portion for TWO bars is 130 calories. 2nd entry has ONE bar for 130. One satisfies my sweet tooth & craving.
  • stephabef
    stephabef Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Slow-churned pumpkin ice cream from Edy's is only 90 calories for 1/2 cup! I TOTALLY indulge in that. Yuuuum.
  • Karen19_91
    Karen19_91 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    You would still lose weight, you'd just be unhealthy. But we aren't talking about a whole ice-cream diet, just a half cup. It's not going to hurt anything.
    haha. touche . that makes absolute sense. !