Fast Food Bashing

Options

Replies

• tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    LOL I like their cheeseburgers too...must be the pickles! ;) It certainly couldn't the fat laden meat patty with cheese. o_O I take full responsibility for my fatness! ( is that a word?) I got fat because of inactivity, poor food choices and being a horrible couch potato.

no its totally the hot ketchup and little pieces of onion
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    I just don't find it filling or satisfying anymore like I used to. I started getting really into cooking in the last 4 years, and it's been great.

Really though, moderation is the key to eating out no matter if it's fast food or not. Sure, if you eat McDonald's 3x per day for the rest of your life, you are going to get sick, be malnourished, and feeling pretty crappy. If you eat junk food once a week or less, it's not nearly as big of a deal.
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    I am not trying to offend anyone, I just think a lot of people that are dealing with a major weight problem probably got that way from fast food.

Nope, not me. I got that way from AMAZING delicious sit down food. In fact I ate a TOTALLY VEGAN and "Super Healthy" lunch yesterday that was probably like 800 calories. If I'd had their yummy lavender lemonade and a vegan dessert too it would have been awesome but ridiculously high in total calories for one meal.

Overeating is THE cause of obesity. Fast food promotes overeating, but you do not HAVE to overeat at fast food, its just that they constantly offer you fries and a coke with everything. Plus oooh look, jalapeno poppers!

I still eat fast food on my diet - its inexpensive and convenient. The difference is that before I would have gotten a western bacon cheeseburger with chili cheese fries and a root beer, and now I have a bbq chicken sandwich with no mayo, no fries, and water.
  • Ruby11222
    Options
    I'd rather make a yummy burger at home that I can feel good about eating. I don't just want to lose weight, I'd like to do it the healthiest way I can. That's just me.

I have severe side effects from eating McDonald's, half way through a burger my heart starts to go crazy and I have to stop eating and lay down. I also get a severely itchy scalp.

I haven't eaten it for nearly a year and don't miss it at all, I do however, miss the convenience.

I still eat Subway from time to time, and don't get the same reaction from that.

There's no doubt McDonald's tastes good, I always preferred Burger King though :)

I guess what I ask myself about threads like this and the whole Diet Soda debate is, why are our bodies SO addicted to these foods? CHEMICALS?

In my opinion, and not pushing on anyone else, I think we eat more than enough chemicals in healthy foods, why is it so awful to NOT want to eat more of them, in highly concentrated forms?
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    I don't eat fast food because it's bad for me. :bigsmile:

378126_10150438487065923_594850922_10832844_1035013_n.jpg
    edit: there's another 2 on the end that the pic cut out :tongue:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5CTtedxMRo
  • midwifekelley2350
    midwifekelley2350 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    tastes good but don't eat it very often because it makes me feel like ****! i do like wendy's fries better than mcdonalds though
  • brendacs21
    brendacs21 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I love pizza and never in a million years would i give it up! Now i order 1 slice and combine it with a salad. I savor every bite! Oh yes and special occasions i eat what i want w/o feeling the least bit guilty. i mean they only come around once in a while!
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    I am not trying to offend anyone, I just think a lot of people that are dealing with a major weight problem probably got that way from fast food.
    not me. i got fat from over eating - we almost never went out to eat when i was a kid, yet i was fat by the time i was 11.
  • Apacheskicass
    Apacheskicass Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Lol I love me some Taco Bell
  • MissesForrester
    MissesForrester Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    MFP needs a "like" button!
  • wanderlust3
    Options
    For the record, I don't like fast food either -- it makes my stomach rebel and I don't think it tastes nearly as good as homemade -- but I think you're kind of missing the point here. Nobody is arguing that it's right to subsist on a diet of fast food all the time or to "treat your stomach like a trash can" and fill it with empty calories. They're just saying that if you happen to like mcdonald's burgers or KFC chicken or french fries or soda or whatever, it's not the end in the world to treat yourself on a rare occasion, just as it's not the end of the world to indulge in slice of homemade apple pie that's loaded with sugar and butter and white flour once in a while. Ultimately, overeating is what makes people gain weight. Fast food is certainly bad for you and has little nutritional value, which encourages overeating, but fast food will not make you overweight unless you eat too many calories. And eating nutritional, healthy food WILL make you overweight if you eat too much of it. Obviously it's preferable to eat the right amount of calories AND get them from food that has nutritional value, but a greasy cheeseburger every now and then won't kill you.
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options

378126_10150438487065923_594850922_10832844_1035013_n.jpg
    edit: there's another 2 on the end that the pic cut out :tongue:

Awesome!! :laugh: No wonder you're so fat! LOL ;)
  • Victoriav99
    Victoriav99 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I had KFC For dinner at 640 calories AND I'm still under my 1200 calorie goal. I did make better
    choices though. I had corn on the cob and grilled chicken, BUT i had to have my buiscuit and mashed potatos and gravy. YUMMY Dinner
  • fudog
    fudog Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    For me it just doesn't get any better than a double quarter pounder w/o cheese. Prior to MFP I've been known to eat 2 of 'em at a time (not simultaneously mind you but in one sitting). I wholeheartedly agree with moderation.
  • StatutoryGrape
    Options
    For me it just doesn't get any better than a double quarter pounder w/o cheese. Prior to MFP I've been known to eat 2 of 'em at a time (not simultaneously mind you but in one sitting). I wholeheartedly agree with moderation.

Royale with cheese. ;)

I generally make pretty good choices if we go for fast food, mostly because I don't like red meat and avoid burgers (and I have a hard time finishing a sandwich and fries, so I eat smaller amounts). We're cutting back, though, because it's cheaper for us to eat at home than to go out.
  • CoraGregoryCPA
    CoraGregoryCPA Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    "Just as eating "unhealthy" doesn't mean that you will be unhealthy if you are normal weight, are active, and have good genetics." Seriously? Genetics you cannot control, so that shouldn't be thrown in the sentence. Even thin athletic people can have heartaches. If you eat unhealthy, then you have a very good chance of being unhealthy. Not that there is anything wrong with that. If the baby's ugly, then the baby's ugly.

I got very overweight from eating fast food. But I ate it 3 times a day, if I could. After losing weight, I realized the fries at McDonalds weren't the same as when I was 4 with my toy. They changed the oil. They changed the timing. They change everything about the good old fatty fry, because some complained that they had gotten fat off of it. I stopped eating and craving it because I realized the fry I wanted doesn't exist anymore. Now they have fresh hamburgers, instead of the old ones that would sit in the bin for hours-yummy! I'm sorry but I miss the old mcdonald type food!
    It's hilarious how the ones bashing fast food are overweight from what..............................eating healthy food? Or eating higher calorie foods that are supposedly healthier than fast food?
    So let's get this straight: Would it be better to be healthy and normal weight and eat fast food on occasion or better to be overweight and eat healthy all the time?

Health is determined more by your weight, activity, and genetics than by what you eat. Just as eating "unhealthy" doesn't mean that you will be unhealthy if you are normal weight, are active, and have good genetics.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Johnny_Castle
    Options
    I *&^*^&% love Mcdonald's!!! I love everything on their menu but I haven't had anything from there for a long time. When I'm actually eating the food is so good that I literally feel like I'm in heaven. The bad part comes after eating. I always get stomach aches and feel like crap both physically and mentally.and it's not just the calories and all the saturated and trans fats in their food that are the problem. The big Mac sauce alone for example contains so many different chemicals...the bread alone like 30...it's crazy...you can go to their website and read the ingredients in their food yourself...I think the most I'm gonna go there from now on is like twice a year or so.
  • mideon_696
    mideon_696 Posts: 770 Member
    Options

you like you were farked afterwards!!! I dont think i'd be able to beat that. :p
  • epona_mus
    epona_mus Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    People are free to eat whatever they want, but I'll never understand how anyone with any conscience could support a corporation like McDonald's. If you want a burger, there are many places to get one that aren't involved in the level of exploitation and gross misuse of resources that McDonald's is.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    IMO calling what they serve at McD 'cheeseburgers' is a stretch of the imagination. Health aspects aside, most fast food just tastes bad. Really bad. And McD tastes worse than most. It barely even tastes like food. I just don't see why anyone would want to waste calories on that crap. I know why people waste calories on alcohol.