Worst/Best things about Winter

Options
PeaceLuvVeggies
PeaceLuvVeggies Posts: 375 Member
Name the worst/best things about winter in your opinion!

Mine:

Worst: Getting your skin caught in a zipper when zipping your coat up
Best: Spending time with your family.

Replies

• shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    Best: (I have a lot!) Playing games and drinking hot chocolate by the fireplace with my mom, shoveling snow (yes, I love it!), the smell of winter
    Worst: I'm always cold anyway, so in the winter I am freezing all the time :(
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    Living in MN
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    Best: Hanging by the fireplace, knitting funky scarfs, playing in the snow, hot apple cider, getting to go home and see my family/friends more often, boots and sweaters!

Worst: driving in the snow, scraping ice
  • jakejacobsen
    jakejacobsen Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    best Snow
    worst Cold
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Best: cooler weather
    Worst: tax season is approaching
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    WORST: when the idiot behind you driving the Suburban thinks its still ok to drive 65mph on the highway, when the highway signs are flashing "Weather Alert: reduce speed to 45mph" and they are honking at you because you want to follow the new speed limit to be safe....

BEST: I love everything about winter (I reside in New Hampshire)... The snow glistening, seeing the kids have fun sledding and having snow-ball fights, lighting up your christmas tree, hanging lights outside, Christmas morning in my pj's making breakfast for my husband and I, the fact this is one of two seasons I can spend more time outside safely..... I cant handle the heat at all and I have to limit my sun exposure during the summer months... So, Autumn and Winter are my happy times of the year.
  • follownocrowd
    follownocrowd Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    The best things about winter are shoveling snow (yes, I strangely like to shovel snow!), making snow angels with my kids, snow shoeing with my husband, cross country skiing, lighting the fire place, sledding, I could go on!!!!

The worst thing about winter is driving on icy roads and other drivers who don't slow down for road conditions!!!!

Stay safe this winter everyone!!!!
  • PeaceLuvVeggies
    PeaceLuvVeggies Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    WORST: when the idiot behind you driving the Suburban thinks its still ok to drive 65mph on the highway, when the highway signs are flashing "Weather Alert: reduce speed to 45mph" and they are honking at you because you want to follow the new speed limit to be safe....

BEST: I love everything about winter (I reside in New Hampshire)... The snow glistening, seeing the kids have fun sledding and having snow-ball fights, lighting up your christmas tree, hanging lights outside, Christmas morning in my pj's making breakfast for my husband and I, the fact this is one of two seasons I can spend more time outside safely..... I cant handle the heat at all and I have to limit my sun exposure during the summer months... So, Autumn and Winter are my happy times of the year.

All of that [the best] sounds lovely! Can't wait to have my own house with a huge backyard and enough space in the front yard to put up a Christmas tree and a lot of awesome decorations =)
  • kb455
    kb455 Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Best: hot chocolate, snowball fights, Christmas, Christmas lights, wearing cute boots, hoodies

Worst: shoveling, slipping/falling in snow, cold/flu season
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options

All of that [the best] sounds lovely! Can't wait to have my own house with a huge backyard and enough space in the front yard to put up a Christmas tree and a lot of awesome decorations =)

We rent a condex (Our landlord is on the other side) and the landlord is the nicest guy possible. We always bring him a homecooked meal on Christmas Day and a dessert that he can have that wont cause a problem with his diabetes... He loves seeing our christmas lights on the porch, fell in love with our Christmas tree... it just feels so good...
  • curlyclo
    curlyclo Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Best: I like driving in snow & Warm Pajamas & My birthday

Worst: Pretty much everything else but especially wind, GREY SKIES from December to March, and my hair freezing when I go outside lol.
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    Best: First Snow
    Worst: 3 months of snow.
  • ♥Faerie♥
    ♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
    Options
    Best: My fireplace, I love that I have an original working fireplace (my cottage is 95 years old!), Layers, lots and lots of layers, Boots, tights, hot cocoa, the nostalgic feeling of the holidays...

Worst: Cold...Cold....and....Cold.....and we never get snow.....its just wet cold..............the worst.....at least when you get snow it makes up for being cold.......I lived in VA for one winter....I absolutely LOVED the snow......SIGH
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    Best: Holidays, Family, My birthday, Daughters birthday
    Worst: Even in georgia I'm freezing me heiney off. I miss October weather
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    Best: High of 60 degrees 80% of the time.
    Worst: Sunset at 6pm, BAH!
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    Best having a fireplace,snuggling with my hubby under a blanket,longer nights,cuter clothes

worst the possiblity of getting trapped in your house for a week because of an ice storm
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    Worst: It's friggin' cold
    Best: Holiday season approachin! Makes me all nostalgic and happy inside
  • katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    The best: the company I work for closes if there is snow.
    the worst: it doesn't snow often enough!

The best : its soup and stew season
    the worst: fresh fruit and vegetable season is gone for now
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    best: hugging when outside to keep warm :heart:

worst: nothing, i love it!
  • classycouture
    classycouture Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Best: Wood burning stove, hot cholocate.
    Worst: Cold, ice, snow... pretty much everything else!

Don't ask me how I've made it living in NH all my life!
    Well, beside college. I strategically went to school in Virginia Beach! :) Haha.