Fast food CAN be good

Options

Replies

• jean1058
    jean1058 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I'm a 5 guys fan.. Love their burgers and fries.

Culvers is also another favorite of mine.. Worked there for 4 years during high school and college, and nothing will ever replace a butter burger and cheese curds in my heart. Plus their Custard is amazing.

Not a huge Chipolte fan.. but I like Moe's a lot. Their Steak Taco and Queso is quite good.

Also loving Jersey Mikes over any other sub place any day. Fresh cut meats and cheeses is def. the way to go.

A Culvers just opened locally. Exactly WHAT is a butter burger?
  • KMSForLife
    Options
    Five Guys - the cheeseburger is amazing.

Chick-Fil-A - chocolate milkshake is out of this world!
  • immacookie
    immacookie Posts: 7,424 Member
    Options
    I forget about Culver's and Moe's..... oh and Jimmy John's..... I lived in the midwest for a number of years but I can't find those (or white castle) out here in PA. :frown:
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    Plain Double Whopper is still my favourite tbh. I used to really like BK fries till they changed them to those "king" fries, which are awful :(

Fries are funny things. Especially from McDs. When they are freshly cooked they are gorgeous, but when they aren't they're a bit...meh...
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    I forgot about Culver's. I made the mistake of getting cheese curds the first time I ever went there. So yummy, but I felt so gross afterward.

Fries are funny things. Especially from McDs. When they are freshly cooked they are gorgeous, but when they aren't they're a bit...meh...

Yeah, I don't order fries anymore except from Runza because everywhere else if they're not perfectly fresh I can't eat them.
  • KBGirts
    KBGirts Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    Here's mine!!!

My Delicious List:

Quizno's! Love their sandwiches and I indulge a litlle and add guacamole to mine
    Moe's or Chipotle: I live south of Atlanta and the only Chipotles we have are IN Atlanta but there are plenty of Moes to go 'round
    Sonic: For when I want to be seriously BAD.... love their burgers (and cheesesticks... Shhhh....)
    Arby's: I pretty much like anything on their menu
    Zaxby's: I love the Buffalo Blue Zalad. It's to die for. The chicken platter is awesome too
    Chic-Fil-A: Yum, Yum, Yum
    Panda Express: Great Chinese food with healthy options

Mediocre List:

Steak and Shake: I like going there for milkshakes; Food is just ok
    Subway: The sandwiches are boring but I like them
    Popeyes and KFC: I ocassionally want some southern fried chicken and fixin's

Blah List

Wendy's: I think there bread is discusting
    Taco Bell: Nasty Meat
    McD: I will eat there but always feel so guilty afterwards
    Five Guys: I don't get it???? Way to expensive for the tiniest burger I've ever had; Fries weren't amazing either
    DQ: Gross.... just Gross (although I do enjoy a blizzard from time to time)
    Hardees..... I don't think I need to comment on this one
  • KatFierce
    KatFierce Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I am a SAHM with no vehicle so home cooking is my only choice most of the time ( its what Id do anyway really) so it makes fast food even more of a treat than it every was ( i always got a coffee any time i left the house, and usually someting to eat with it, then I had to get the kids something too, WICKED bad!).

My favorites:
    Wendys- chicken apple pecan salad with the pomegranate dressing ( half size) soooo good! seriously its my guilty pleasure
    McDonalds-plain cheese burger or chicken mcnuggets with sweet and sour ( the chicken nuggets make me remember skipping school to have fun all day with my mom we'd eat there and then go shopping, and go to the garden center then work on the garden together and paint or do a craft, it was so fun)
    Subway-sweet onion chicken terriyaki ( I get a 12 inch half now and half for lunch tomorrow) with spinach,chedder and cucumbers
    Burger King- Grilled chicken sandwich with cheese and lettuce sooo good.
    KFC- snack size famous bowl and a biscuit
    Dunkin Donuts- egg white turkey sausage wrap with a med pumpkin coffee with 2 creams
    Honey Dew- med ice mocha madness with fat free 1/2 and 1/2 and some coconut dew drops

The only thing on this list Ive had in the last 3-6 months is subway twice and dunkins 3 times, yum. But I walked both places subway is 6 miles ( its in our mall so I went to shop) and dunkins is 3 miles ( next to a small grocery store I frequent)
  • running_mom
    running_mom Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I LOVE taco bell. I don't care if it's not real meat. It's so good : )
  • yesiamaduck
    yesiamaduck Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    In Brighton we have 2 famous burger joints

Grubbs and Burger Off

Said Grubbs is pretty much opposite my house! Their Malaysian Burger is to die for (Chilli, Peanutbutter & Lettuce) as is the original (Dill Pickle, Mayo, Lettuce, Tomato, Cheese) hell all their burgers are to die for! But Burger Off ones OM OM OM OM they're even more to die for because they resemble home made burgers (not perfect discs, obviously made of mince *I know all burgers are but these are truly loose in a home made kind of way*) OM NOM NOM NOM they also serve the hottest burger in the UK, I've had it and it hurts spicier then a Phall that's for sure.
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    The only fast food I eat is from Qdoba. There Naked Chicken Burrito is delicious.
  • Sh1tsRainbows
    Sh1tsRainbows Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    no in and out burger here..or steak and shake

but I love jimmy johns
    baja freah
    wendys salads...i have yet to try their "new" burgers
  • Justjoshin
    Justjoshin Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    It's a fast food list.

It's not a list of best food EVER.

Jesus people, lighten up.

Not sure what you expected from a fitness board?
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    i hate Subway too. meats are slimy and the bread tastes weird. got food poisoning from Taco Bell so I'll never eat there again.

love In and Out and Five Guys. i switch back and forth as to which i like better but overall i prefer Five Guys.

fwiw i havent had any fast food since June and i dont plan on having any until at least August 2012.
  • owlesque
    Options
    Jimmy John's is my favorite fast-food sandwich shop. I don't know what they do to the bread to make it so delicious...I don't care if they lace it with the tears of the innocents, I love it. Subway is okay sometimes too, but JJs always wins out for me.

Culver's butterburgers are like an explosion of excellence in your mouth.

I don't have much of a problem with Taco Bell generally, although what I always get is chicken tacos with avocado-ranch sauce. Me gusta.

Frisco melts at Steak N Shake.

Sausage/egg McMuffins. I never feel great after eating them, but it's totally worth it. Same with pretty much anything else at McDonalds.

Chipotle! The other day I got a chicken burrito bowl, saved half of it for next day's lunch, and I regret nothing.
  • bruthacuervo
    bruthacuervo Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I have a theory that some things are simply just drilled into you while you grow up.

I have always heard this mythical legendary status of a White Castle burger.... after all how many burger joints get a MOVIE..

as a southerner , We really dont have White Castle. So... i was left out on that. Anyway, it was only like about 5-6 years ago when on a business trip we did the White Castle in Columbus.

So didnt get it. (However was the only funny moment of whole trip is hearing "Id like 20 Sliders and a Diet Coke" that STILL gets me giggling)

BUT... the reverse is also true and i can accept that. See, in the South "Whataburger" is a staple here... and i also have a theory that growing up with this 24 hour burger joint, THIS is the place you would stop when youve had that "drinking night" with the boys/girls... what have you.. so-- its hitting that food/memory button. But i have taken at least 2 people from up north who swear by White Castle, and they "MEH'd " my beloved Whataburger so much that i had to just give up on the whole best burger conversation.

I think its just how you grow up.

(im not here to debate cooking at home vs fast food.. but lets be real... a LOT of us are here because of fast food... while its awful.. there is a REASON we kept going back!!!!! hehehe)
  • bruthacuervo
    bruthacuervo Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    sorry.. seems to be an issue with double posting today.. i dont seem to be the only one.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    Five Guys - overpriced and totally overrated (I may get flamed for this)

Stopped reading here.
  • vger11
    vger11 Posts: 248
    Options
    I'm just saying. Too much bashing and condemning going on around here, so it's Friday, and let's lighten up and talk about the fast food that's enjoyable and actually tasty. Doesn't have to be low cal, just assumes you KNOW what the caloric content is and can fit it in your day.

Ok, I'll go!

Delicious list:
    Chipotle - has the best fast food guac ever. Their bowls are amazing.
    Chick Fil'A - Spicy southwest salad or a chicken sandwich.
    Arby's - their roast beef sammich is magical.
    Zaxby's - You Southern folk have a nice chicken finger plate.
    In n Out - best fast food burger, IMO.
    Baja Fresh - Tacos FTW
    Dunkin - I like their breakfast sandwiches when I'm traveling and in the airport
    Wendy's - it may be a zillion calories, but the Frosty is amazing.

Bleh list:
    McD's - I dunno why, but McD's food makes me ill.
    Taco Bell - Their meat is funky.
    BK - I've just never had a thing for BK anything.
    Subway - the meat tastes like bad mystery meat and their bread is crappy.
    Long John Silver's - Everything here tastes like bad grease to me.
    Five Guys - overpriced and totally overrated (I may get flamed for this)
    Steak and Shake - see comment about Five Guys
    Krispy Kreme - I've never had much of a thing for donuts, but these are just terrible

I think you just proved why fast food is pretty bad.......most folks chose from the last list!
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    chipotle, baja fresh, and panera do NOT count as fast food :)

admittedly i had wendys yesterday for the first time in AGES. had a baked tater and a small frosty--still trying to eat soft foods post-wisdom teeth extraction. argh. i want to get back to exercising and eating what i want!!
  • ogottwald
    ogottwald Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Wendy's Salads are okay, vege 6 inch - subway, and grilled chipotle raps from McDonalds. I don't eat out anymore but if I had to that is the way I would go.

On surprising thing is the chipotle burrito is like 1300 calories - almost what i eat in a day