20 pounds down by Christmas!

Options

Replies

• Doingitin2013
    Doingitin2013 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I checked the spreadsheet, but my name wasn't there. How can I get added to the spread sheet?
  • cschu544
    cschu544 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Once again, the only way to add yourself to my sheet is if there is an "open" spot. If there are no open spots, then the spreadsheet is complete. It was only the original 65 people who were to be in this challenge as it's stated in the beginning. Many people have missed weigh-ins and have stopped logging into MFP so I dropped them. There should be one more spot that is open if you want to put yourself in, but if there isn't still continue to weigh-in, you just won't be included in the actual challenge.
  • cuatesmom
    cuatesmom Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    update!!
    lost another half pound!!! down to 173--that is 15.5 total pounds

non scale victory -- pulled out my old LUCKY jeans that i have not even dared to try on in ages due to the discomfort of tight tight tight jeans and....drum roll please....they fit! loose! not super loose but loose enough to def. say they were loose! maybe i will just wrap up my honeymoon jeans under the xmas tree?

still plan to stay focused on 1 to 1.5 pounds loss per week and NOT losing too fast and therefore losing muscle.
    working on eating almost all my exercise calories. doing at least 45 min of cardio PLUS jillian's SHRED daily.
    sleeping 8 hours, eating 4 to 6 veggie portions per day.
    174.5 (down half a pound)
    worked out 45 minutes every morning AND added nightly shred video...AND did a 10k race on Saturday
    BUT this was my highest calorie week since i started MFP and i was over goal like half of the week so i am grateful for losing at all.

this coming week the goal is 1.5 or more pounds down

lets stay totally focused EVERYONE!
    :)

nonscale victory: ran the 10K... cut about 30 seconds off of my average pace AND was ahead of my super fit size 4 gal-pal at the end!
  • Tsdennis
    Tsdennis Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    This weeks weigh in is 156.6
  • MrsFelton2010
    MrsFelton2010 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    So this past weekend was a lot of foo thanks to celebrating hubby bday. Now I am back on track starting tomorrow and plan to weighin sunda or Monday since I missed yesterdays weighin. I need to get this weekend out of my system asap.
  • MrsFelton2010
    Options
    I am in for this weeks mini challenge :bigsmile:
    Great job so far folks! I'm about to go weigh in myself...scared after those cookies last night..

Alright, I did it. 160.5... down a half. Not at all where I wanted to be, I better make this week count, I WANT to see the 150s and I'm not waiting another week after this one to hit it. Time for some intense burns! Watch me make it happen :)

What's your goal this week? I had a great suggestion from one of our challengers, she said to go out and buy a pair of jeans a size or two! smaller then what you know you comfortably fit. Wrap them up and put them under the Christmas tree, because when you open them on Christmas you will be amazed at how well they fit!

Anyone open to that challenge??

Mini Challenge this week: Can we do 1,000 squats in one week? Let's see.
  • Kerseygeek
    Options
    I'm definitely doing the jeans challenge for Christmas. That would be awesome and motivating cuz I'd hate to open them and they not fit.
  • cschu544
    Options
    Remember: "People are so worried about what they eat between Christmas and the New Year, but they really should be worried about what they eat between the New Year and Christmas. "
  • genene111
    genene111 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    ^^^^ such a good point^^^^
    Thanks for that reminder
  • Melissaol
    Melissaol Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Today my new weigh in is 162.. I hope I can stay herein and not go up. I just might of be breaking my plateau ... I hope so.
  • cschu544
    Options
    How are we all doing this weekend? Our board seems kind of silent, I wonder if that's a good thing or a bad thing?

If you're having a bad week, or you're frustrated with your weigh-ins, it's ok! You're more than welcome to vent your frustrations here. I'm going to be making a group when this challenge is over so that we can all stay connected as we work through the new year (I intend on making another challenge at the end of December that will go through Valentines day) and I want you all to be a part of it. I'll keep you updated.

I'm about to vent:

So, this week nearly kicked my *kitten*... I got the flu a few days ago while I was at Zumba, literally WHILE I was there, it hit me like a ton of bricks. I've never ever had the flu before, I wasn't sure what was going on, I thought I was just really exhausted. I couldn't keep up, (and if you know me, you know anything I do-- I do very strong) I was confused, I was off balance, it was bad. At the end of class my instructor came to ask me if I was ok (I guess it was noticeable--oops!) and she felt my arm, apparently I was really cold? Which is odd because my HRM told me I just burned a thousand some calories... *skeptical*. Anyway, as I was driving home I felt it coming, the chills, the hallucinations... great. So I came home and slept for a good 12 hours, and when I woke up I felt like I was 96 years old! I couldn't move my body without everything hurting, and I was wearing a sweatshirt, and two winter time comforters on my bed (still cold!). My thermometer told me I was peaking at about 101 degrees, which is high for someone like me who carries a normal body temp around 96.5. Any who, the fever *finally* broke yesterday, thank god, now I just have to deal with this feeling of congestion in my head, my ears, and my throat. Can't wait until this is over! Oh, and to top it ALL off, TOM showed up yesterday too. Awesome! I'm just having a superb week...

//End vent

Let me ask you all a question: who is your role model? It could be an everyday person, a celebrity, anyone!

Mine would have to be Jennifer Lopez (I aspire to be latina someday, LOL!)

I love her because she's strong, beautiful, and most importantly CURVY! There are so many celebrities that want to be these stick thin women, and if you want to look sickly thin like that, go for it. But I am more interested in being tone, and strong.. and beautiful! What about you guys?

How's that challenge going to? Please update me! (as I also have nothing better to do than sit on my computer and wait for these responses to come... nerddd)
  • genene111
    Options
    Hello:) my week has been pretty good, I'm really just trying to burn through it to be hones because I get to go to whistler skiing soon , oh and it's a wedding lol! That's really why we are going but I intend on skiing every single day lok!
    I liked this question you asked:)
    My role model....
    Its no one famous it's my aunt, she is so amazing im constantly inspired by her.
    2 years ago she kicked the **** out of breast cancer, and is just such a feirce lady!
    She is very friendly and motivational at the gym, she has been known to coral new people onto a class like Zumba from right off of there machines:) not in a mean way, just friendly;) and they always become her pal lol
    She also joined a dragonboat racing team and they actually won gold nationally :)
    She is a hard worker, she is super fit, and she is a fighter:)
    Oh man I'm crying now lol
    I love my aunt, I'm truly blessed to have her in my life.<3
  • genene111
    Options
    Oh and I guess body wise I'd like to look like her 2 daughters:) lol they are my age and are toned curvy and just have ridiculous bods:) prob from working out with my aunt hahaha:)
    7 years ago we actually did look very much the same, I was a competitive dancer and stuff but then my father passed away and my mother put a big wall up not allowing me to contact them :( I gained 50 lbs and was very sad.
    But that all changed and is changing now still :) I'm 12 lbs down I'm reconnected with my aunt and everything else in my life is seriously awesome:)
    I'm truly blessed, and I am starting to feel right in my body again!!!
    Love mfp:)
  • HeatherR930
    HeatherR930 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry you are so sick! I hope you feel better soon!

My body role model is definitely my Zumba instructor. She is thin but still has curves & is really toned. That's exactly what I would like to achieve! She's the best dancer I've ever seen, too, though I will never be able to achieve that! haha :)

I started doing Zumba with my students during recess this week. They LOVE it. One of the other 5th grade teachers has been going with me, so she & her class are going to join us next week. It's amazing to see some of the kids that don't really like to exercise & run around being the ones who are really working it! Plus, I'm getting a little exercise in, too! I NEVER thought I would have the guts to get up & dance in front of not only my kids but other adults. It's awesome.

We did tons of squats in zumba yesterday, but my instructor kept getting on me saying my back wasn't straight. I don't think I do them very well! I was hurting afterward though.

Well I'm off to the gym...we're having pizza so I want to earn the calories for them so I'm not feeling too guilty!
  • catbrand
    catbrand Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear you had flu! I had it last winter and it was so bad. I'm sure I'm coming down with a bug at the moment, my daughter's been off school for a week with something and there's something going round at work so it's in the air, I could feel the beginning of it this morning, but I think all this exercise has helped boost my immune system (I hope so anyway, or it's just some painkillers I've been taking masking the impending doom lol)

I'm looking forward to weighing in this week, as of today I am under 15 stones! Only by .4 of a lb but thats good enough for me! That's quite a milestone for me and it feels great seeing the 14st come up when I weigh myself now (seems so long ago that I was 17st, but it was only August!)

I love the idea of creating another group after Christmas! You can sign me up! How about making it until Easter though as I bet there will be hundreds of Valentines day groups (plus I'm a miserable cow when it comes to valentines day lol!)Also my birthday is after Valentines day, but before Easter.... Yeah... anyway... :embarassed:

I have to admit, I didn't do the squat challenge as it sounded painful and my legs muscles are pretty huge anyways, but I did ask my mum for a pair of size 16 jeans for Christmas and I can't wait to see if they fit!!

As for my role model, I really don't know! I've never really thought about it! Genene, I love what you said about your Aunt, it's great that you have someone like that in your life, she sounds like a fantastic role model!

Hbr930, you're so brave to be dancing with your students!! Well done!!

Well good luck to everybody weighing in this weekend! We're all doing so well, I just had a look at the spreadsheet and we're up to 274lbs lost :drinker:
  • PeaceLuvVeggies
    PeaceLuvVeggies Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I absolutely completely forgot about this challenge -___- I am such a failure!
  • MrsFelton2010
    Options
    My weeK has been okay. I made it through my nephews bday party WITHOUT going over my calories, yah me :bigsmile:. Although I did add in extra squats to my regimen I highly doubt I will make 1,000 by tomorrow :blushing:. Someone I admirer is Raven Symone and the weight she has lost. Idk who I "shape" I would like to model after but I just want to be healthy and toned enough to rock a bikini again someday :tongue:. I've entered another challenge to not weighing until the new year or Xmas so I will be taking measurements for the next few weeks and at the end of this challenge will post my results here. I am actually looking forward to this because the scale can me a B.I.T.C.H at times :laugh:. Buying a new scale and gift wrapping it for myself for Xmas morning.

I do know how to spell and use correct grammar it's just my stupid android phone lol
  • Doingitin2013
    Doingitin2013 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I hope you are starting to feel better!

My week has not been good! I started TOM on Thursday and have been having my salty/sweet cravings. I didn't track calories this week because I am starting to get very frustrated. I keep losing and gaining the SAME 3 pounds! I got on the scale today and have gained back the 3 pounds I lost last week.... Could be because of TOM plus my lack of frustration. I only did 2 workouts this week and my water intake has gone down from 8 glasses a day to about 2-4 glasses a day. I know that losing weight is a process and it takes time, but it's hard for me to be satisfied with my small numbers. As of right now, the scale is not my friend!!! LOL...I'm going to tak a couple of weeks and just back away from the scale. For me, I think that is the only way I will succeed. Weighing myself all throughout the week plus the weekend upsets me too much. BUT...... I do REFUSE to give up and throw in the towel!!! Come hell or high water I will lose this weight and reach my goal of being 199 pounds by May 4th (my birthday). Sorry for venting, but I really needed that!

My role model is Jesus! There is no one better than Him! My body role model would have to be Serena Williams. She has got a bangin body! Lol....
  • cschu544
    Options
    Hey Ladies!

I took the time below to respond to you individually as I don't really feel like I do that enough. I just posted back to the few who have posted since my last one. I'm listening to some Carter Burwell (if you're not familiar with him, it means you don't like classical music as much as I do (or the Twilight saga)..lol). Anywho-- I just wanted to add this; even though this is a weight-loss site, if there is something that is affecting you other than the food on your plate or hours of your gym, you can share that. We all have issues in our life that prevent us from being on our A game. Please, ANYONE, feel free to PM me if you need an ear/eyes (you know what I mean..)

As for me- I just signed up for my FIRST 5K on Thanksgiving :-O! ME?! Run a 5k?! I'm so nervous.. haha, I'll let you know how it goes. It's called the Gobble Wobble! I'll post some pictures of me as I slowly cross the finish line :P!

@genene: Wow, that sounds really cool. My whole family is from Buffalo, NY- and they're all in to those winter sports like snowboarding and skiing... ya, tried it once. NEVER again. My dad took me on some mountain that had jumps and crazy trees all over the place for my FIRST downhill skii- EVER. Ya. Needless to say I cried and slid down on my butt the whole mountain. Let's not get into the bruises I had EVERYWHERE. ugh. Your aunt sounds like quite the lady. I admirer people who have stood bravely against cancer, I don't think I'd have the ability to stay positive in a situation like that. I truly applaud strong women, that's why I am as strong as I am. It's awesome to take the time to look at your life and really see how much you DO have, you know? That old saying "you don't know what you've got til' it's gone" isn't true for me. I know how luck I am every single day, and I appreciate the beauty and simple things! I couldn't imagine living the way I used to, unhappy and afraid. Really cool insight. Thanks for sharing :)

@hbr: I agree with you 600%, I am just so envious of my Zumba instructor as well. I have gotten to know her on more of a personal level, and she's even more of an inspiration to me then she was before. I have truly gotten to know myself better because of her motivation and her confidence within her self. She's the most non-judgmental, patient person I've ever had the pleasure of meeting and working with. (I am seriously jealous of her *kitten* though, I will say that... some of us white people.. just don't have it) haha. But I guess it's all in how you move it ;) The most beautiful thing about this journey we are on is figuring out who we are. I truly do not believe this is simply a weight-loss journey, this is something more. We are finding ourselves, our confidence, and our lives. It's empowering, and I love being surrounded by women who inspire me like she does. Very good observation!

@catbrand: As one of my original MFP friends I think we've watched each other struggle through some ups and downs and you have done an amazing job so far. I think you're one of those women who aren't afraid to take a challenge and make yourself push for higher achievement. You're a lot like me, you don't settle and you don't let much break your stride. I admire that, and I know we're going to keep going together :) I hope your weigh-in gives you the results you are looking for tomorrow!

@peaceluvveggies: I've been watching you on MFP- I see those awesome burns over there, don't worry about the challenge. Sometimes we plum forget about things. You're doing pretty great hear, and I know you've been discouraged lately via your status updates, but it will turn around. This week is YOUR week and I want to see the biggest loss out of YOU. So give me -5 this week!

@MrsFelton: There is nothing wrong with measuring your success in inches. I did that for a while and I lost quite a lot. It's very noticeable now, and I am very happy with what I've lost. How about you? I hope that new scale you bought treats you nicely! And don't worry, I don't hate on the spelling and grammar- but I have an android as well. How are you able to post in a forum on the MFP app? YOU MUST TELL ME :)!

@Doingitin2011: If it makes you feel any better, I got TOM on Thursday (same day I got the flu and almost passed out at Zumba) so I am very run down and craving chocolate like it's my job. You don't even want to know the sweets I shoved down my throat today, it's embarrassing. But I'm glad you are able to see that the behavior isn't okay. One day of spiking your calories won't kill you or even ruin your good choices. I know you're frustrated, but you can just as easily change your frame of mind and get back on track. I believe in you! So do all your fellow LIBC Sisters! (Ya, I went there... gonna make some greek letters soon! haha) Don't be so hard on yourself girl! I hit small numbers 2 weeks out of the month, but when I'm really pushing I see results. I MAKE the scale give me what I'm looking for. Maybe look at it that way, like you have something to prove to that scale and yourself. You'll get there, and we'll help you. Anytime you need to vent about food or weight loss, or private matters- please message me! I'm here for you all.

I mean what I said above to each of you. We're going to lose the weight. It just takes patience, time, and understanding.

DON’T QUIT

When things go wrong, as they sometimes will,
    When the road you’re trudging seems all up hill,
    When the funds are low and debts are high
    And you want to smile and you have to sigh,
    When care is pressing you down a bit,
    Rest, if you must, but just don’t quit.

Life is queer with its twists and turns,
    As every one of us sometimes learns.
    And many a failure turns about,
    When you might have won, had you stuck it out.

Don’t give up though the pace seems slow,
    You may succeed with another blow.
    Success is failure turned inside out,
    The silver tint of the cloud of doubt,
    And you never know how close you are,
    It may be near when it seems so far,
    So stick to the fight when you’re hardest hit,
    It’s when things seem worst, that you must not quit!

GOOD LUCK ON WEIGH-INS TOMORROW GIRLS!
  • genene111
    Options
    Thank you:)
    You are so incredible. I am so proud to be part of this group :)