What do you eat for breakfast?

Options
13»

Replies

• skb32881
    skb32881 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I used to typically eat cereal - either cinnamon cheerios, frosted mini wheats, or any other higher fiber cereal that tastes good. Recently my friend shared this recipe with me and I've been loving it! I hate regular oatmeal so this is perfect. I make it on the weekends, cut it into 6 servings and just pop in the microwave every morning. I substituted banana instead of applesauce, almond milk instead of regular milk, egg beatsers instead of egg, ditched the nuts and raisons, and added a splash of vanilla and a bunch of cinnamon. So yummy!

http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/baked-oatmeal-10000000549848/
  • dropofhope
    Options
    Thank you all for sharing! I think I'm going give smoothies a try. This weekend I'll shop for one of the smoothie machines with the travel mug attached.
  • emergencytennis
    emergencytennis Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    No kangaroo sausages, then.
  • Nmama
    Nmama Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I used to typically eat cereal - either cinnamon cheerios, frosted mini wheats, or any other higher fiber cereal that tastes good. Recently my friend shared this recipe with me and I've been loving it! I hate regular oatmeal so this is perfect. I make it on the weekends, cut it into 6 servings and just pop in the microwave every morning. I substituted banana instead of applesauce, almond milk instead of regular milk, egg beatsers instead of egg, ditched the nuts and raisons, and added a splash of vanilla and a bunch of cinnamon. So yummy!

http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/baked-oatmeal-10000000549848/

I must agree..this is fabulous and filling!
  • KriscoOil
    KriscoOil Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I used to force myself to eat light yogurt. Now I eat oatmeal, the regular kind, with water every Monday through Friday. Started losing weight when I gave up yogurt. I do snak on almonds or some other protein before lunch. On occasion, I like an egg mcmuffin from Mcdonalds and that holds me over for at least 5-6 hours before I feel hungry again.
  • jskaggs1971
    jskaggs1971 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for sharing! I think I'm going give smoothies a try. This weekend I'll shop for one of the smoothie machines with the travel mug attached.

IMO, you're much better off to get a REAL blender and a separate cup for hauling smoothies around in. Grinding up frozen fruit is hard work for a blender, and lots of blenders die quickly under the influence of smoothies.

I use a Waring Pro bar blender, and it does a fine job, but I've killed several cheaper blenders with smoothies. http://www.amazon.com/Waring-MBB518-Professional-Beverage-Stainless/dp/B00004S8F8

Take a look at the bottom of the blender jar where it attaches to the base. You want to see metal there, and not plastic.
    IMO, my $0.02 and all that.
  • RebeccaMarie03
    Options
    Since I started working out in the am, I have eaten breakfast every morning and its great! It is a dippy egg and one slice of toast. It works for me. Keeps me full most of the morning. On the weekends, I usually cook the breakfast but don't eat it, but am trying to change that. I also enjoy some bagels and cream cheese. But the bagels I have are HUGE in calories, so I need find better ones.

Thomas Bagel Thins! 110 calories of bagel-y yummyness. I spread a wedge of Laughing Cow cheese on the bagel thin and it adds up to 145 calories! They also have a 100% whole wheat option (if you are focusing on whole grains).
  • romping
    romping Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Yes "they" do, sometime "they" are actually right...guess it depends on who "they" are :)

True. In this specific case, however, "they" are full of it.

Yeah, I´m going to go with the dude who puts up a naked picture of himself as his avatar and always has a negative thing to say. He knows much better than ¨they¨ do. Get a life dude and stop stalking my posts.
  • Victoriav99
    Victoriav99 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I will eat Oatmeal or like today I had two boiled eggs dipped in mustard (its like devilled eggs)!
  • GateCrasher1
    GateCrasher1 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    1/2 cup of Grape Nuts and 1/2 cup skim milk almost every day. It's a great way to start, low in calories and keeps me full till lunch.
  • nikka488
    nikka488 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I start with 3/4 a scoop of Premier Protein Vanilla powder in my black coffee, a banana, and some 'Better Than Peanut Butter' as soon as I wake up. Then I get shower & get ready for work. Before I leave the house I have 1 egg white, 1 egg w/ Yolk, 2 cups of baby spinach, and either some sweet potato or half a low carb tortilla w/ 2% shredded cheese (I put my eggs on the tortilla & make a taco).
    One hour later I eat a Premier Protein 30g (no hydro oils / 7grms sugar) protein bar. I'll eat another banana or a handful of almonds before I hit the gym around 11am.
  • Tori_356
    Tori_356 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    some type of bread (sandwich thin, english muffin, or bagel thin) with an egg and a slice of reduced fat cheese, my own breakfast sandwich.
  • dipsl19
    dipsl19 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    i used to eat oatmeal, but lately ive been eating these whole wheat muffins i make myself! theyre really easy, i usually keep them in the freezer so they stay fresh and i just pop them in the microwave when i get to work. totally quick and theyre healthy & delicious!

you check them out here:

http://www.etsy.com/shop/Bakeddd?section_id=10632136
  • Xtina_Beba
    Options
    -Prepare smoothies the night before, freeze them. Take it the next morning, pop it in the blender and take it to go
    -egg whites with salsa or veggies
    -Hemp protein shakes
  • ojell
    ojell Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    I don't typically eat breakfast either. I've been trying to lately. The past two days I've been eating Quaker Weight Control Oatmeal. I prefer eggs though.

I LOVE the smart ones ham and cheese breakfast meal, but it kind of sucks up a lot of my calories for the rest of the day, but it sure is yummy! I think I may eat one tomorrow. LOL
  • thinnerisstronger
    thinnerisstronger Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Usually oatmeal with vanilla protein powder and either nutella or peanut butter.
  • idauria
    idauria Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    Protein shake... each and every day! Nom Nom

Me too!