What are you responsible for making Turkey day?

Options

Replies

• Mom2rh
    Mom2rh Posts: 612
    Options
    Brussel sprouts with leeks and proscuitto (and butter!) and cranberry relish. Going to my brother's house.

The relish is a really good recipe with raw cranberries, onion, horseradish, sugar and sour cream. Super good.
  • Mishy
    Mishy Posts: 1,551 Member
    Options
    Dessert - we're having angel cake.
  • tross0924
    tross0924 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Yammy Goodness! Sweet yams with enough butter and sugar added to be near 2000 calories per tablespoon. I shall refrain. Well mostly refrain.
  • chezmama
    chezmama Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Taters, corn n' stuffing....the hard stuff, dontcha' know. My husband is doing the turkey and my daughter is doing the pumpkin pie.
  • crista_b
    crista_b Posts: 1,192 Member
    Options
    I'm 23, and my family still doesn't make me bring anything. :smile: It's split up between my mom, my 2 grandmas, my aunt, and my sister. I think I'm off the hook until I either get married or buy a house. :laugh:

I am going to take some vegan pumpkin oatmeal cookies though. http://www.theppk.com/2008/10/pumpkin-oatmeal-cookies/
    I don't know how I'm going to be able to record my Thanksgiving meal. =/ I'm not going to go super crazy trying to get exact calories because it's a once-a-year splurge day (twice if you count Christmas too), but I want to try to pay attention to how many calories I'm taking in, even though I'll probably go over my limit (I'm just not going to worry too much if/when that happens). Any suggestions?
  • thcri
    thcri Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I am responsible for everything except the pie and setting the table. Oh I guess I get out of cleanup too. Turkey, gravy, potatoes, stuffing, corn or peas. I do all the carving, mashing well I pretty much kick everyone else out of the kitchen.
  • ceebs9
    ceebs9 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    I hate to be the one to say it. But I've never had a roasted turkey I really enjoyed. :(

I felt the same way until I learned the art of brining.
  • luv_lea
    luv_lea Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    My brothers girlfriend and I usually make dinner. Everyone told me I BETTER be making my Apple Goodie recipe. Basically cut up apples with ton of sugar and cinnamon, topped with oats/brown sugar (and other things for baking reasons). It has to be the most sugar filled thing...but hey, the apples are healthy...right??

Will also be in charge of other things...but we haven't made out the full menu yet with duties.
  • TromaRon
    TromaRon Posts: 228 Member
    Options

Brining's the only way to go. That's why I'm the one bringing the smoked turkey breast.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options

Brining's the only way to go. That's why I'm the one bringing the smoked turkey breast.

Brining is always a good idea for dry meats. Good stuff!
  • Captain_Mal
    Captain_Mal Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    I'm bringing desserts. Making a pie and baking a variety of cookies. Also making the must have, banana pudding.
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    I attend my fiance's thanksgiving, when I have the chance. I worked both Thanksgiving and Christmas the past two years, ttripple pay baby! But this year I have Thanksgiving off, I will probably bring my homemade mac n cheese, and of my significant other gets a deer... maybe some venison chili or stew.
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,312 Member
    Options
    I'm the pie b*tch!

:laugh:

I guess that's what I am too! I always make 2 pumpkin-cheesecake pies. They're pretty tasty, if I do say so myself. :)
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,312 Member
    Options
    I hate to be the one to say it. But I've never had a roasted turkey I really enjoyed. :(

YES! Totally ^^this^^!! Makes all the difference.
  • turntechBiologist
    turntechBiologist Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I usually have to make everything! x_x;;;

Not sure about this year, we're going over to my grandma's this year and we're supposed to help cook. I hope I don't have to help XD
  • ValMcB
    ValMcB Posts: 44
    Options
    I made whole berry cranberry sauce with orange zest....so delicious :)

Ooops! Forgot about that! We are too! and Stuffing! 'cuz daughter is making "Stove Top" yuch!
  • kimziebaby
    kimziebaby Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I'm in charge of desserts.. No clue what i'm making yet!
  • mikajoanow
    mikajoanow Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    I use a meat injector. Its like basting on crack. I love it. I don't know what I ever did without one. (or two)

I am hosting this year, I am making almost everything. This is my third year of doing this for our whole family.
  • fit4mom
    fit4mom Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    The turkey. :D oh and belly's full of happiness. :love:
  • 226Muriel
    226Muriel Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    THE WORKS!!!!!

But I will stay on plan....