Hot tea anyone???

Options
124»

Replies

• SimpleStepsHealthCoach
    Options
    Do any of my other MFP friends drink hot tea?? I LOVE it! What are your favorite flavors?
    My new favorite flavors are sugar cookie sleigh ride from celestial seasonings & twinnings pumpkin spice! I love to drink it when it's cold outside or I'm feeling a little under the weather.

Almost any tea by Allegro Fine Tea is my cup of tea!
  • jess_blonde
    jess_blonde Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I am a dork, and a Trekker, so I have to vote for "tea, Earl Grey, hot." :laugh:

When I can't sleep or feel sick, hot chamomile is wonderful.
    When I have a sore throat, hot peppermint tea or lemon tea.

LOL. Glad to see I'm not the only Trek fan on MFP!

I like teas from Teaopia - my faves are Simple Pleasures (green) and Market Spice (black). I also really like Tetley's Warmth tea (cinnamon spice black). I also drink Red Raspberry Leaf tea for cramps. I love tea!!
  • violet_820
    violet_820 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I love it as well - I was just looking through the boards seeing if anyone had ideas for good flavors. Perfect timing! I'm drinking celestial peach right now. Yum!

I wonder if anyone has advice on a good tea pot/ infuser/ tea press for loose leaf tea? I would like to get one, but don't know the next thing about them...
  • Mandys_Getting_Fit
    Options
    I love Celestial Seasonings tea! I drink a cup every night for "dessert" and after reading this thread, I rushed out to purchase all of the holiday flavors LOL. I'm excited to try to sugar cookie sleigh ride tonight! :drinker:
  • Squeem
    Options
    Hmm, the US tea thing is a bit ... different.
    I love tea, normal tea that is (English Breakfast - PG Tips being my favourite) with milk.
    I also like jasmine tea and Russian caravan tea. Though generally I just drink normal tea.
  • jess_blonde
    jess_blonde Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I wonder if anyone has advice on a good tea pot/ infuser/ tea press for loose leaf tea? I would like to get one, but don't know the next thing about them...

I use this tea ball:

http://www.teaopia.ca/products2.cfm/ID/185/c/Brewing-Tea

You can buy something similar just about anywhere. Works pretty well, my only complaint is that it's kind of a pain in the butt to clean unless you let the leaves dry out a bit before you try and empty it.
  • melzteach
    melzteach Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Chai with a teaspoon of agave nectar and a splash of milk
  • patricia184
    patricia184 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I love ginger tea! The spicier the better!
  • KayteeBear
    KayteeBear Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options

Question: plain or sweetened?

me, mostly plain, sometimes a splenda...NEVER DAIRY...milk in tea sounds disgusting and I can't believe anyone would ever do that! (but I know a lot of people do for some reason :tongue: )

It depends. i usually drink it unsweetened but sometimes I do like putting a bit of honey in it and as for milk it depends on the kind of tea. Chai HAS to be drank with milk. It is the best way to drink it. lol

I LOVE holiday teas...like the Pumpkin Spice, Winter Spice, Sugar Plum...I just bought a Candy Cane tea which I can't wait to try some. I'll probably have some later.

For brands at the grocery store I think my favourite would be Celestial Seasonings or Twinnings...I think those two seem to have some of the most delicious teas. They're the best for the holiday teas. And then Tetley would be my next fave.

One of my all time fave teas actually would be a Passionfruit Raspberry by Lipton. That stuff is addictive it's so good!
  • potbellyindian
    potbellyindian Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm kind'va a lame-o, I drink about 2-5 cups a day of Liptons a day... but I used to buy from a local tea shop (not Teavana). The place is called Kaleisia's sold tea leaves, and would also make up flavors mixing leaves with nuts, or dried fruit, or herbs, great stuff.
  • ifucsam
    Options
    I'm boring and I really only like black teas. I love love love Twinings English Breakfast and PG Tips. I do like some green tea though.

I usually take it with milk (only in black teas) and 2 sugars but sometimes just honey!
  • dntworribhappi
    dntworribhappi Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I too love it. Actually it has become my reliable snack in the evening before bed. No calories (or caffeine or there would be no sleep!) Vanilla honey Chamomile -yummy.:smile:
  • gingerb85
    gingerb85 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I adore hot tea and drink it every day! I prefer black tea, but do like a good white on occasion. Herbal tisanes occasionally.

My favorite tea is Republic of Tea's Blackberry Sage. Oh my. Delicious! I also love Blackberry Fig from The Jasmine Pearl and River Shannon from Upton (both online tea merchants). I like non-dairy milk in my tea (usually vanilla almond milk). My Mama always put milk in her tea, so I guess she passed that along to me. :^)

All of my children love tea. My adult son prefers a rooibos tea. I'm not so much a rooibos fan and my mother lives minutes from Stash and sends TONS of tea, so Josh gets the rooibos. My youngest daughter loves a peach black made by Stash. My girls' friends LOVE looking through my tea cupboard when they come to spend the night and they always try something new.

I prefer loose tea to bagged, but bags are handy, too.
  • Acatlett77
    Options
    I am a dork, and a Trekker, so I have to vote for "tea, Earl Grey, hot." :laugh:

Nice Picard reference.

I like Celestial Seasonings Cinnamon Apple Spice best. I occasionally have green tea and regular black tea.
    I need to try some more flavors after reading these!

Before MFP I would put sugar & sometimes creamer but now I just drink it plain...no sugar no nothing. It took some getting used to but now I prefer it that way.

Question: plain or sweetened?

me, mostly plain, sometimes a splenda...NEVER DAIRY...milk in tea sounds disgusting and I can't believe anyone would ever do that! (but I know a lot of people do for some reason :tongue: )
  • godsrose
    godsrose Posts: 96 Member
    Options

Best for craving something a little richer: Hot Skim milk with Chai tea (regular or decaf) and agave nectar

So good!
  • Almiel
    Almiel Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    OMG! No one's mentioned Kukicha! It's Japanese toasted twig tea so it has a rich, smoky flavor. Hard to describe.

My favorite fruity tea is Tazo's Wild Sweet Orange—makes really good iced tea!

I have to get both these at Whole Foods though since my local grocery store doesn't have them.