Success in pregnancy! - Progression pics! ;)

Options
TamTastic
TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
I hit my goal weight of 135 in January. In the same week, I found out I was pregnant! Yes, I was a bit thrown and panicked for a bit but at the same time I felt OK because I have been in control of this for awhile...and knew I had the knowledge to keep myself healthy and active for both my baby AND myself.

The fact is...at almost 5 months along, I am over 100 lbs less than I was at my FIRST prenatal appointment with my 2 1/2 year old son. That boggles the mind!! So, I have felt so much better during this pregnancy, even with the fatigue, etc.

I feel like the size of Jupiter already but am told I look healthy and great and even.......*gasp*...............tiny!! (You know how it is when your brain doesn't register what fact is!! lol)And I am only half-way through....but I feel good and am very proud of myself for not using pregnancy as an excuse to go back to old habits. I eat plenty but don't go nuts!! And I continue to be fit and active and exercise. I think this baby enjoys the motion of the elliptical! :wink: :laugh:

7 weeks along.
7weeksalong.jpg

12 weeks along.
12weeks.jpg

15 weeks along.
15weeks.jpg

16 weeks along.
16weeks.jpg

19 weeks along.
19weeks.jpg

Today.........4/22/09. Almost 20 weeks (on Friday) HALF-WAY!
39610_6952.jpg

I will continue to add......even as I look more and more like humpty dumpty this Summer!!! :grumble: :laugh:

Replies

• TamTastic
    Options
    I hit my goal weight of 135 in January. In the same week, I found out I was pregnant! Yes, I was a bit thrown and panicked for a bit but at the same time I felt OK because I have been in control of this for awhile...and knew I had the knowledge to keep myself healthy and active for both my baby AND myself.

The fact is...at almost 5 months along, I am over 100 lbs less than I was at my FIRST prenatal appointment with my 2 1/2 year old son. That boggles the mind!! So, I have felt so much better during this pregnancy, even with the fatigue, etc.

I feel like the size of Jupiter already but am told I look healthy and great and even.......*gasp*...............tiny!! (You know how it is when your brain doesn't register what fact is!! lol)And I am only half-way through....but I feel good and am very proud of myself for not using pregnancy as an excuse to go back to old habits. I eat plenty but don't go nuts!! And I continue to be fit and active and exercise. I think this baby enjoys the motion of the elliptical! :wink: :laugh:

7 weeks along.
    7weeksalong.jpg

12 weeks along.
    12weeks.jpg

15 weeks along.
    15weeks.jpg

16 weeks along.
    16weeks.jpg

19 weeks along.
    19weeks.jpg

Today.........4/22/09. Almost 20 weeks (on Friday) HALF-WAY!
    39610_6952.jpg

I will continue to add......even as I look more and more like humpty dumpty this Summer!!! :grumble: :laugh:
  • kbop
    kbop Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    You look great! Congrats!

PS. I've heard swimming is great for pregnant women. Takes the pressure off your joints.
  • mszSHOGAN
    mszSHOGAN Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    WONDERFUL JOB! :bigsmile:

I myself was the side of a house in all three of my pregnancies gaining about 80 pounds with each, and losing very little after each (hence my extreme interest in this site). If my husband and I decide to have another child you have DEFINITELY inspired me and show me that you can be pregnant and not a cow. (I have been thinking about that a lot lately so your post was very timely!)

Thanks and good luck with your baby and your weight! :happy:
  • likes2bwet
    likes2bwet Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    That is so GREAT and you look FABULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!! :drinker: Here is to the new lifestyle and the new little bundle soon to come... :heart:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    wow, you look great and you do still look tiny. :flowerforyou: Heres to a continued healthy and happy pregnancy:drinker:
  • ktthegr8
    ktthegr8 Posts: 479
    Options
    You look great!! Congratulations on the baby!:flowerforyou:
  • Erin31
    Erin31 Posts: 4
    Options
    You are a true inspiration !! :flowerforyou: You look fabulous !! You are so trim and fit that it is impossible to imagine you with an extra 100 pounds. Trust me, you will NEVER EVER look like humpty dumpty during this pregnancy :laugh:
  • holpak
    holpak Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    wow for 5 months you can barely tell you look so great and healthy.. and a cute baby bump!!!
  • abs0830
    abs0830 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Tam- You look fantastic and Tiny! Are you going to find out if it's a boy or girl or are you going to be surprised?
  • TamTastic
    Options
    Tam- You look fantastic and Tiny! Are you going to find out if it's a boy or girl or are you going to be surprised?
    I found out last Monday that it's another boy!! Going to have my two little guys to adore their mommy!! :laugh: :laugh:
  • TamTastic
    Options
    Thanks so much everyone!!

Let's hear it for not looking like humpty dumpty!!! :laugh: :laugh:
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic!!!!
  • gottaluvboyz
    gottaluvboyz Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    Tami, you look fantastic! Your baby bump is beautiful! Another boy...how fun! I, personally, have 3 little guys ranging from 11 months-5 years...so much fun!
  • chellebelle315
    Options
    you look amazing!! Even though I don't have plans on getting pregnant anytime soon, knowing that you can lose as much weight as you have and still stay healthy through a pregnancy when it is so easy to give up healthy eating and exercise. I'm so proud of you!!
  • MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Tam -you are so cute!! I love the progression pics - fun to see somebody elses baby bump grow!! You'll have to post a pic when you get way out there and there is an elbow or knee bump moving across your belly :laugh: Glad the baby bean is growing well and your are taking great care of yourself!! :flowerforyou:
  • sarahiris
    sarahiris Posts: 82
    Options
    hi Tam you look amazing, congratulations on your success and your pregancy, you would'nt think you were pregant at all, enjoy it:flowerforyou: :smile: :love:
  • SGFlyinHi
    SGFlyinHi Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Tami you look AWESOME. Congrats!!!
    Take care!! :flowerforyou:
  • pdxmomof2
    pdxmomof2 Posts: 643
    Options
    Keep up the good work mama! :heart:
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! I wish I would have been on this site before my last pregnancy since I kind of let myself go a bit during that pregnancy despite having lost 65 pounds just prior to it. My last one was a surprise too. Congrats on the boy!
  • TamTastic
    Options
    Thanks so much!! :flowerforyou:

A big reason why I wanted to post this is because I know there are a lot who have been or are in a similar situation. Maybe lost weight and want to have a baby or are thinking of it once you do lose weight. I was very scared when I first got pregnant but also felt confident. I guess that's weird to be scared and confident at the same time!! haha

I think a good thing is I didn't just start stuffing my face. I basically did what I had been doing, just changed my calories to maintain. I used the first trimester to ease back into things since you don't need a lot extra at that point anyway. I made sure to take my prenatals and eat nutrient rich foods, which I still do. I still exercise and eat plenty on those days.

Like I said, I eat very well, I just don't go crazy and the majority of my diet is healthy foods. Fruits, vegetables, whole-grains, lean protein, lighter dairy, etc. I do indulge in a treat or craving now and then but a good thing I keep in mind is that a few bites of something tastes just as good as 10 or 20 bites! :wink:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!