Tired of boring bland chicken?

Options
SassyCalyGirl
SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
Here is an amazing sauce to kick up the flavor of boring bland grilled chicken.

Piri Piri Sauce (103 Calories)

1 Red Onion
4 Cloves garlic
1-2 Bird's-eye chiles (or Serrano)
2 tablespoons sweet smoked paprika
2 lemons (zest and juice only)
1/4 cup white wine vinegar
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
a large bunch of fresh basil
Peel and rough chop the onion and add to blender (or food processor) with all other ingredients (remove stalks from chiles and use the lemon zest only from 2 lemons and the juice of one) pinch of salt and pepper may be added to taste. Add a slug of water and blitz until smooth.

Sauce can be heated up in a saucepan or place in a baking dished with browned chicken and finished in the oven.
YUMMO!

Replies

• JennaB86
    Options
    wow! Sounds awesome too. Thank you! Do you have an idea as to how many calories that adds?
  • SassyCalyGirl
    Options
    103 calories total.
  • stefchica
    stefchica Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    sounds like a sauce from a fish place i used to eat at in lake forest, sauce was AMAZING...i forget the name of the restaurant though, helpful right?

foudn it......BONEHEADS!!!
  • SassyCalyGirl
    Options
    wow! Sounds awesome too. Thank you! Do you have an idea as to how many calories that adds?

Caloris have been added to the recipe I posted.
  • SassyCalyGirl
    Options
    Here is an amazing sauce to kick up the flavor of boring bland grilled chicken.

Piri Piri Sauce (103 Calories) For individual servings-1 Tablespoon - 5.5 calories

1 Red Onion
    4 Cloves garlic
    1-2 Bird's-eye chiles (or Serrano)
    2 tablespoons sweet smoked paprika
    2 lemons (zest and juice only)
    1/4 cup white wine vinegar
    2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
    a large bunch of fresh basil
    Peel and rough chop the onion and add to blender (or food processor) with all other ingredients (remove stalks from chiles and use the lemon zest only from 2 lemons and the juice of one) pinch of salt and pepper may be added to taste. Add a slug of water and blitz until smooth.

Sauce can be heated up in a saucepan or place in a baking dished with browned chicken and finished in the oven.
    YUMMO!

UPDATED FOR INDIVIDUAL SERVINGS 5.5 calories per Tablespoon.
  • AlwaysWanderer
    AlwaysWanderer Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    That sounds great! Do you think it would keep well in the fridge for awile? Or could I freeze it? Thanks for the recipe!
  • ang83
    ang83 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • suzyluzy
    Options
    bump
  • mmocarr
    mmocarr Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    bump
  • slimkitty
    Options
    BUMP!
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Thank You!!
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    I used to go to a restaurant that served "potatoes pir-pir". Unfortunately they are no longer in business. We managed to make a reasonable facsimile of the recipe but this might be closer. And if not, still sounds good! Thanks for posting.
  • gandydancer
    gandydancer Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    bump
  • SassyCalyGirl
    Options
    That sounds great! Do you think it would keep well in the fridge for awile? Or could I freeze it? Thanks for the recipe!
    I am sure it would freeze very well. Fridge for a few days tops. I hope you enjoy it. I had it for lunch yesterday....yummy!
  • Becca308
    Becca308 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Bump!