Who's running a Turkey Trot this Thanksgiving?

Options

Replies

• ausped
    ausped Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Would like to but the one here has a late start...am positive that I will run my own route that morning since I run 363 days a year anyway.
  • bert16
    bert16 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Would like to but the one here has a late start...am positive that I will run my own route that morning since I run 363 days a year anyway.

On which 2 days are you slacking off?!? (completely kidding) :laugh:
  • ansonrinesmith
    ansonrinesmith Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Yup, I'm running a 5K on Turkey Day! Proceeds to the local food pantry!
  • afigueroa_pr
    Options
    First Turkey Trot for me this year! Wish me luck!
  • bprague
    bprague Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    hehehe, I'm running a turkey trot tomorrow AND thanksgiving day. I hope it goes well :)
  • bert16
    Options

Mine support a local homeless shelter / soup kitchen, also! Definitely feels good in so many ways: just getting a run in, burning off some of those Turkey Day calories in advance, AND helping provide a hot meal to those who might otherwise not have one!

Hope you have a great run!
  • bert16
    Options
    First Turkey Trot for me this year! Wish me luck!

Best of luck - happy Trotting! :smile:
  • afigueroa_pr
    Options

Mine support a local homeless shelter / soup kitchen, also! Definitely feels good in so many ways: just getting a run in, burning off some of those Turkey Day calories in advance, AND helping provide a hot meal to those who might otherwise not have one!

Proceeds to mine go to the local hospital's Emergency Room! So excited!
  • bert16
    Options

Proceeds to mine go to the local hospital's Emergency Room! So excited!

That's super - have a great run!
  • bmacholiday
    bmacholiday Posts: 296 Member
    Options

My son is running and I'm volunteering. The proceeds are also going to our local food pantry,
  • tbhoover
    tbhoover Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I'm doing a 5k Turkey Trot this year...my first official run
  • bert16
    Options
    I'm doing a 5k Turkey Trot this year...my first official run

Enjoy it! Hope it goes super well. :smile:
  • Dstny1957
    Dstny1957 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the 5K Turkey Trot, but I'm a walker not a runner. I did one 2 years ago and swore I would never do it again. It was horizontal rain, windy, and cold, cold, cold. I would have preferred snow. I was soaking wet when I got home. I have been checking the forecast and so far it looks okay.........................hoping!
  • bert16
    Options
    I'm doing the 5K Turkey Trot, but I'm a walker not a runner. I did one 2 years ago and swore I would never do it again. It was horizontal rain, windy, and cold, cold, cold. I would have preferred snow. I was soaking wet when I got home. I have been checking the forecast and so far it looks okay.........................hoping!

Fingers croseed that the weather holds up for you! :smile:
  • conchita962
    conchita962 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Doing my first Turkey Trot and my 3rd race...very excited! I'm a C25K graduate in October and I am now officially a running junkie!!

Good luck to everyone!
  • natini
    natini Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I am doing a 10k. The proceeds go to our local schools. This will be my second year in a row. Good luck everyone.
  • calibri
    calibri Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    A co-worker and his wife are doing it this Thursday; I'll be too busy running around doing errands for my mum.
  • calderst
    calderst Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I'm doing a marathon on Saturday... does that count? :)

I did a Turkey Trot 5K last year on Thanksgiving and it was a blast! The winners received pumpkin pies as their prizes.
  • bert16
    Options
    I'm doing a marathon on Saturday... does that count? :)

I did a Turkey Trot 5K last year on Thanksgiving and it was a blast! The winners received pumpkin pies as their prizes.

No, it doesn't... only Turkey Trots. :tongue: (completely kidding)

That's super exciting - I'm in the middle of training for my first marathon (race day this January 8!). Sounds like this may not be your first?
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    Me! I am running it in gorgeous Tucson, AZ.