Prom!

Options
Oh geez... I was jsut asked to prom! :bigsmile: I'm so excited. :love: I jsut might go insane! I have never been to one before. Are they really fun? Cute? Romantic? I never know. I see in movies and I have always dreamed of my prom. But I don't know what goes on! UH OH!! Does any body remember their prom and want to share stories? I would really appretiate it. :smile:

Thanks!

Tuba Girl Kate

Replies

• TubaGirl
    TubaGirl Posts: 58
    Options
    Oh geez... I was jsut asked to prom! :bigsmile: I'm so excited. :love: I jsut might go insane! I have never been to one before. Are they really fun? Cute? Romantic? I never know. I see in movies and I have always dreamed of my prom. But I don't know what goes on! UH OH!! Does any body remember their prom and want to share stories? I would really appretiate it. :smile:

Thanks!

Tuba Girl Kate
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    I don't think you want to hear my prom story, but I wanted to say congrats! Just have fun & be responsible! :flowerforyou:
  • mshellclmnt
    Options
    My Proms were great. Takes lots of pictures and remember every moment! :happy:
  • TubaGirl
    Options
    No stories? :cry:

That's fine. :tongue:

I am going with the perfect guy in the whole world! He is awesome. He treats me really well and I hope it goes great and nothing bad happens like in some movies. I would hate to be totally embarassed! But he is 6' 3" and I'm 5' 3".... So theres some height difference. But still, I have been drooling over him for almost a whole year now! :laugh:

Tuba Girl Kate
  • bonniejo
    bonniejo Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    You'll have so much fun! I never went with a guy (just the girlfriends) but it was still a great time. Shopping for a dress is almost as fun as prom itself. I wish I could go again!
  • TubaGirl
    Options
    I have the cutest dress EVER! (Well think so any ways.....) But what all goes on at a prom any ways? Every movie/story has been different.... :huh:

Tuba Girl Kate
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    it is dinner and a dance- its the after parties that are trouble lol-

Have fun dress up take lots of pics hang out with your friends and be safe after the prom
  • TubaGirl
    Options
    So basicly just dinner and a bunch of dancing? I expected more. But maybe I just have a huge immagination and dream big. :smile: I don't really like parties. I'm not a big party person. (I know, I am a bit strange. But that is just how I am :tongue: ) So I don't think my parents will have to worry about any parting and things going wrong. I am very responsible. At least that is what every body tells me....

Tuba Girl Kate
  • bonniejo
    bonniejo Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Well, here's what happened at our prom... We got out hair done round noon, went to lunch with the hair done (fun!) then all got dressed and took pictures. Got in the limo round 5 I think? And got to prom around 6. We had to wait until they would let us in, but I talked to everyone and looked at peoples dresses... Then we sat at our tables and had dinner and dessert. They made some announcements, said who was king and queen, and then started the dance (which lasted like 3 hours). Tip: don't eat or drink too much or you won't be able to dance! The food might be great, but discipline yourself. Whatever you do eat though will be burned off dancing! Then we all went home (round 1am) and crashed.

Thats my experience in a nutshell! Hope it helps!
  • TubaGirl
    Options
    OH! Sounds fun! And there is a king and queen? How cool! I bet the most populaur people (Wanna-be Barbies and Wanna-be Barbie's boyfriend. That is the way I look at it.) are picked for that. Am I right? Lol. And I don't drink so That's good. :smile:

I bet no guys are going to have a part in this chat. :laugh:

Tuba Girl Kate
  • TubaGirl
    Options
    And by the way, thanks for taking the time to read all of this and help me learn a thing or two. I am new to this site and all of you guys have been so nice! :happy:

Tuba Girl Kate
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Go and have an awesome time!!! We did the same as Bonniejo said, hair, makeup, manicure, pedicure, then pictures at someone's house.... limo (it was the 90's - we still did limos back then)... then dinner, pictures (you pose with your date) then the dance part. I remember we left the dance early, and just headed to the after prom. We did our after prom at a hotel - that was when the party started...
    :tongue:
  • Rachael
    Rachael Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Kate, you are going to have so much fun! Remember every minute and take lots of pics! And post some here so we can all see!

Where is your prom being held? Where are you going for dinner? Are you renting a limo (do people still do that?) What's the theme/song? I know, too many questions! But I love proms :-)

I grew up in Northern CA (graduated in 1989 - yikes!) and ours was at the Officer's Club at a Navy Base. I had this total expectation of "Top Gun" or "An Officer and a Gentleman." It wasn't quite like that :-) But it was still beautiful and we had a great time. We couldn't wait to get to the parties! No matter what you do, have a wonderful time :smile:
  • TubaGirl
    Options
    Well, I live in Southern Cali. and he lives in Utah. I know NOTHING about it. LOL! So I hope he pulls me threw and all! I have no idea how it is going to be about limos or anytihng. xD

Tuba Girl Kate
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    My prom date my junior year was HORRIBLE! I liked him but we weren't a couple - we knew each other from church and just went as friends. Once there I found out he had a girlfriend when he told me, "My girlfriend isn't going to be happy that I'm going to this with you."

Then he said he'd had an accident on a quad and only danced 2 1/2 songs with me. Yes, in the middle of the third song, he just walked away mid-dance. I sat with him at the table most of the night, pissed. Finally I decided to not let him ruin my night and I went up and danced with my friends. When I came back to the table, he wasn't there. I looked around and saw him on the dance floor grinding with 2 girls he knew from his school.

After all of this, when he dropped me off, he leaned over to kiss me. I ignored him, turned away, and got out of the car.

At least my dress was beautiful.

Different proms are different. For ours, everybody met at the high school for our grand march where all of the couples were announced and come onstage for parents and everybody to take pictures. Then we caravaned to the hotel where we were locked in all night (until it was over at 5 or 6 am.) We had a buffet dinner then music for dancing the rest of the night.
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    I don't think you want to hear my prom story, but I wanted to say congrats! Just have fun & be responsible! :flowerforyou:

Well, now I want to hear your prom story. :laugh:
  • jacqueline0821
    jacqueline0821 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Enjoy every minute of it!!! Take lots of pictures. That is the only thing that I regret about my prom was not having pictures.

Here is my prom story:
    I asked this guy in my grade(we were seniors) that I had a little crush on. I basically didn't want to go to senior prom by myself! He agreed to go with me. We hung out one day to go and pick out his tux so that he matched my dress. It was a fun time and I enjoyed hanging out with him. The day of prom we meet up at a local church for pictures where he gently put his arm around me and smiled. We then all got in the limo and drove around for pics. We then arrived at the hall where we were served dinner, dessert, and then danced the night away on a dance floor that was way too small. Long story short he asked me out 2 days later. It has now been 4 years together and we are getting married next May.

So I hope that all of your dreams come true on Prom night.

J
  • oregonlady
    oregonlady Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    Enjoy every minute of it!!! Take lots of pictures. That is the only thing that I regret about my prom was not having pictures.

Here is my prom story:
    I asked this guy in my grade(we were seniors) that I had a little crush on. I basically didn't want to go to senior prom by myself! He agreed to go with me. We hung out one day to go and pick out his tux so that he matched my dress. It was a fun time and I enjoyed hanging out with him. The day of prom we meet up at a local church for pictures where he gently put his arm around me and smiled. We then all got in the limo and drove around for pics. We then arrived at the hall where we were served dinner, dessert, and then danced the night away on a dance floor that was way too small. Long story short he asked me out 2 days later. It has now been 4 years together and we are getting married next May.

So I hope that all of your dreams come true on Prom night.

J

:heart: :heart: :heart: boy o boy:heart::heart:

i loved reading your story!:love::love:
    i graduated early and missed my prom etc....:grumble:
    but if i played my cards right, i could've been like you and married the crush of my dreams!:noway:

tuba, have fun w/ as much as u can! :laugh:
    and please, share some pics w/ us mfp pals.:blushing: :blushing:
  • TubaGirl
    Options
    Wow.... "J" good for you! Gratz on that! And Loreeb, sorry. That doesn't sound very good. :cry: I hope my prom isn't like that. (Not to sound mean at all or anything) I jsut always pictures my prom being in the top 10 of the best times of mylife. Not the bottum worse... I will try to take as many pictures as I can for you all, and it turns out to be a disaster... I will not show them but if it as magical and as perfect as I have always dreamed, :love: then I will deffinitly post 'em!! I can't wait. It is on May 2nd!

EKK!! :bigsmile:

Tuba Girl Kate
  • TubaGirl
    Options
    Thanks for all the help, stories and all that. :flowerforyou: I really appreitiate it.

Tuba Girl Kate