SPINACH!!!

Options
HELLO PLEASE HELP ME!!!

I need some ideas for spinach'

Dont know how to cook it never have please give me some ideas!

Replies

• melainemelaine
    melainemelaine Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    if you have a steamer steam it for about 4 mins :D then drain and enjoy!

I <3 spinach!
  • MikeDailyIntake
    Options
    I's good raw in salads
  • skingszoo
    skingszoo Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Spinach Gratin
    * 3 tbsp light butter (I used Land O Lakes)
    * 1 cup finely chopped onion
    * 1/4 cup flour
    * 1/4 tsp fresh grated nutmeg
    * 3 cups 2% milk
    * 3 lbs (3 16-oz packages) frozen chopped spinach, defrosted
    * 3/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
    * 1 tbsp kosher salt
    * 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
    * 1/2 cup shredded Swiss Gruyere cheese (I used Sargento)
    Directions:
    Preheat the oven to 425°.
    In a heavy-bottomed saute pan melt the butter over medium heat. Add the onions and sauté until translucent, about 10 - 12 minutes.
    Add the flour and nutmeg; cook 2 more minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the milk and cook until thickened, about 5 - 7 minutes.
    Squeeze as much liquid as possible from the spinach and add the spinach to the sauce. Add 1/2 cup of the Parmesan cheese and mix well. Season to taste, with salt and pepper.
    Transfer the spinach to a large baking dish and sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan and the Swiss cheese on top.
    Bake for 20 minutes until hot and bubbly. Serve hot. Makes a little over 6 1/2 cups. Serving size ½ cup.
    129 calories 12 carbs 5 fat 238 sodium
  • jbahrami
    jbahrami Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Sautee fresh garlic and onion...once tender, add in your fresh spinach with some salt (I like a touch of balsamic vinegar sometimes). I also add mushrooms sometimes with it.

You can eat this as a side dish or stuff it into a chicken breast or salmon filet (my favorite!) to bake/broil/grill.
  • Rachaelluvszipped
    Rachaelluvszipped Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    allrecipes.com

I love Spinach!!! YUM!:love:
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    THERE'S THIS CRAZY FEATURE HERE THAT ALLOWS YOU TO ACCESS THE ARCHIVES OF PAST POSTS. IT'S CALLED THE "SEARCH" FEATURE. CLICK ON THE LINK JUST ABOVE THIS THREAD. IT'S FANTASTIC!
  • Lindsayrob
    Lindsayrob Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    This recipe is a favourite in our house. It takes a bit more than just spinach, but is super good for you!
    http://www.aspoonfulofsugar.net/wp/2008/08/prosciutto-wrapped-salmon-with-herby-lentils/
  • coop1973
    coop1973 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I put a cup of raw spinach in my smoothie in the AM ..... Can't even tast it!
    1 cup of strawberries
    1 bannana
    1 cup of Spinach
    8oz of almond milk

I'm going to start adding some flax seed this week!
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    THERE'S THIS CRAZY FEATURE HERE THAT ALLOWS YOU TO ACCESS THE ARCHIVES OF PAST POSTS. IT'S CALLED THE "SEARCH" FEATURE. CLICK ON THE LINK JUST ABOVE THIS THREAD. IT'S FANTASTIC!
    wow!:noway:
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    I throw a couple of handfuls in my eggs in the a.m. YUMMY!!
  • andrialindsay
    Options
    I put a cup of raw spinach in my smoothie in the AM ..... Can't even tast it!
    1 cup of strawberries
    1 bannana
    1 cup of Spinach
    8oz of almond milk

I'm going to start adding some flax seed this week!
    MMM I add raw spinach to my protein shakes too!
  • cspinney
    cspinney Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Not a huge fan of spinach but I can handle it if it's added into things - in a soup, or raw in a salad. Recently I've been adding it to veg stir-fry and found I don't mind it that way - just throw baby spinach in toward the end, and stir fry just long enough for it to wilt.
  • Dodgerchick
    Dodgerchick Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    For those who are gluten free: http://www.spabettie.com/2011/10/24/spinach-pancakes-2/

Spinach Pancakes

vegan, gluten free, dairy free

3 cups (handfuls) fresh spinach
    3 tablespoons chia
    1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon water
    2/3 cup rice flour

Combine chia seeds with water, set aside to gel. Pulse spinach and chia gel in food processor until blended. Add flour and pulse until completely blended.

Pour in 1/4 cup increments onto heated griddle, flipping once when cooked through. Makes 10-12 pancakes 3 inches in size.
  • I don't like cooked spinach. I love baby leaf spinach in salad though! Alot of times, instead of making my base lettuce, I'll make it with baby spinach! You still get the same nutrients from cooked v. raw.
  • unmitigatedbadassery
    Options
    I know I'm not going to be much help here but I put spinach in almost anything that needs a little greenery. Eggs, chicken, spinach salad,

If you eat grains try spinach, mushrooms, sun dried tomatoes tossed with a little olive oil, fresh parmesan and mixed with (whole wheat) pasta.
  • wilmaln
    wilmaln Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Steam or cook in very little water (with the lid on so it sort of steams, and then add raisins and pine nuts, plus a drizzle of oil. In alternative, add some ricotta cheese or low fat philadelphia cream cheese, instead of the oil, and use to fill a short crust pastry or puff pastry (according to how many calories you can eat). Then bake in the oven until cooked. It makes a fantastic pie that even my little kids love to eat!
    If you want, you can even add some seasoning to the mixture, before baking.

Or...

Boil the spinach, then place some at the bottom of a buttered large baking cup. Shape into a nest and brake an egg in the middle. Cook in the oven until the egg white is solid.

I hope you enjoy them!
  • meg7399
    meg7399 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    wow!:noway:
    Its so true...the number of questions posted that could have answers found with in seconds is crazy! It takes longer to type a post than search MFP or google for answers!
  • yessica101
    Options
    TRY cream of spinich i dont like it whole but i like this its a greate recipe that stilll have u begging for more
    Step1 rinse spinich good
    Step2 boil spinich
    step 3 blend spinich cream and milk
    and leve it on the pot serve it while its hot for best taste::flowerforyou:
  • judyfurtado
    judyfurtado Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I put it in my burgers,eggs,meatballs and on my pizza. Love it!!